Which Ninebot One is the most stable and reliable? What are the key differences?

tenofnine

From some casual browsing I've kind of gotten the idea that the S1 and S2 are not reliable, in fact faulty

Seems like the E and E+ are the most popular and long lasting

The C and A1 seem to be more rare, I'm guessing they are inferior speed and range-wise?

Why are there so many damn versions, I'm confused :wacko:

The versions happened over time.  Started with the C and C+, then the upgraded E and E+, and yes, the E+ had the most range of all.  They released a P version  It was supposed to be faster (which it was) and have more range, but the range didn't pan out, the E+ still had better range.  Also, the P was not reliable at all, very few survived very long.  I had the E+ and LOVED it.  In around 500 miles of riding it, I never had a lick of trouble with mine, but there were those that did have issues.  It was sort of hit and miss.  There were even those that believed the Firmware updates are what killed their wheels.  Again, I never had trouble, and I always updated my firmware when a new version came along.  I also ride conservatively and never push the tilt back very long.

The S1 and S2 were later released and didn't seem to take on with people.  Nice looks, but short range and did have some issues with failures.

Now, they have the NineBot One Z series.  Z6 Z8 and Z10.  The 10 being the largest battery and more powerful motor.  The Z10 is an amazing wheel to ride and so far has a fairly good track record, but it has the SUPER wide tire which some people love and some people hate.  I happen to love it, but you'd really need to ride it to know for sure.  It does cost a bit more than E+.

I'm guessing the E+ is fairly affordable now days, and I'd say you probably cannot go wrong with it.  Although, keep in mind that some did have issues.  But that goes for ANY wheel you buy.  There is no such thing as an indestructible wheel.  I'd say at this point, the Inmotion V10, the KingSong 18XL, and the GotWay MSuper X are currently king of the hill.  Those are probably the most robust wheels available that have decent speed and range.  They are definitely not as cheap as the NineBot E+ though.

The NineBot E series is built very strong with it's polycarbonate shell.  It takes a real beating and keeps going.  It makes a good training or stunting wheel.

Amazing info thanks!

Yea I don't care about cost, I was just having trouble finding concrete info on all the versions. The z6 and the z10 I know a lot about since I've watched countless videos and there is very good info on those wheels (hands down the most handsome wheel of all EUCs IMO, very Nolan Batman-esque)

I currently have an Inmotion V5F, I consider it the best bang for the buck (16 mph, 20 mi range, accessories included, only $550 etc), but there is a problem with the one I was sent...so I may be returning it unfortunately.

I'm going to be buying an Mten3 and probably an MSX in the near future since I have been bitten by the EUC bug and I know I love it now. It's worth the investment for sure.

I was asking about the versions because I might also be buying a friend one as a gift, was trying to decide b/n a V5F again or a Ninebot One. The One E's have a bigger tire and lower CoG making me think they are better for beginners (V5f felt wobbly to me, and I've heard this is true for others). The high pedals on Inmotions make them more nimble but those same pedals also aren't the most comfortable.

I have an S2 and considering how much it's been smacked around I'd consider it rather solid.

There are also fairly few repairs / disassembly online, either they sold very few or it just don't fail that much. I've read way more accounts of cut-offs by C/E series than A/S.. If anything other than possible imbalance between the battery packs I'm not sure what a typical S2 problem would be. Range for my 70Kg is about 25km.

I also have a E+ so I can compare, the S2 has more torque due to the smaller wheel: 500w is a bit weak for a 16" IMO. It is the eldest version and will probably be fazed out sometime soon.

All that being said, I'd recommend the V5F, it has the same overall handling / power / size as the S2, but has more handy features at a lower price. The wobbliness you felt probably came from high (or too low) pressure tire, hight pedals or not being used to 14" nimbleness.

/rambling ;)

5 hours ago, Mimolette said:

I have an S2 and considering how much it's been smacked around I'd consider it rather solid.

There are also fairly few repairs / disassembly online, either they sold very few or it just don't fail that much. I've read way more accounts of cut-offs by C/E series than A/S.. If anything other than possible imbalance between the battery packs I'm not sure what a typical S2 problem would be. Range for my 70Kg is about 25km.

I also have a E+ so I can compare, the S2 has more torque due to the smaller wheel: 500w is a bit weak for a 16" IMO. It is the eldest version and will probably be fazed out sometime soon.

All that being said, I'd recommend the V5F, it has the same overall handling / power / size as the S2, but has more handy features at a lower price. The wobbliness you felt probably came from high (or too low) pressure tire, hight pedals or not being used to 14" nimbleness.

/rambling ;)

Well a few points I'd say are - 

There are WAY WAY WAY more C/E models out there than A/S I'd say by a large margin the A/S seems to fail or have problem far more often the the C/E models taking those ratios into account.

I tried the V5F at both 30 psi and 50 psi both had issues with wobbliness, and from almost every review I've seen of that wheel it's a problem because of it's thin tire and high CoG. Sseems to be an in motion trait which is why riders in dangerous places like NYC and Cali don't use even the top model V10F. The V5F is an amazing wheel for going 5-8 mph or playing around/tricking, but for everything else it seems unanimous that the One E+ is superior in this price bracket. Also the inmotion App is kinda garbage compared to the Ninebot one (even something small like the lock feature is so awesome)

the ninebot one series is so old and inferior to anything around today.. the range and speed is horrible yet not reflected well in the price.. plus the inconvenience of having no trolley of any sort and they are heavy for the size.. that being said, if you can get one for really cheap.. they are a half decent wheel for learning on as you can beat the living hell out of them they are basically impervious to anything but being run over by a bus, plus have really good waterproofing.. that being said i still cant recommend them.. anyone who actually likes euc's and continues to ride them will outgrow any ninebot one (obv besides the z10) very very quickly.. i would say a v5f/f+ or v8 at minimum to guarantee a wheel that you wont yearn for something better after two weeks lol, plus they have trolleys, great waterproofing, high pedals and are very light and nimble.. the top speed is decent for around the city but you wont immediately regret getting something so slow one week later. btw, any wobbling on any wheel is purely down to the person riding it.. unless its in the .1% of wheels with a faulty board or something else its due to you, your riding style, and experience.. afaik even the C+ is ~ the same price as a V5f, whereas the v5f is like 5 lbs lighter, has a very good trolley handle, 100 wh more battery, and 25 kmph top speed vs 18-19 of the ninebot.. and actually its funny somebody mentioned the tire because in fact the ninebot one models use a 16x1.95 tire and im not aware of any other wheels with that thin a tire currently in circulation.. most if not all others including the v5f use 2.125 diameter tires at minimum.. yes the inmotion is a 14" wheel but because of that it is extremely compact and ridiculously maneuverable.. great for in the city.

i realise that i do have a ninebot one as my profile pic and thats because it was my learner wheel, and i still have it for that reason.. ive put over 3k on it and have taught several other people on it and it still functions as the day i got it... like i said, its impervious to almost anything you can do to it haha, i cant speak to the strength of inmotion products as i was not a learner when i got my v5f so its spotless, but i have put nearly 2k on that one now and i do ride it around town regularly, it is extremely well built and very very comfortable, definitely a top contender in that regard so thats why i would recommend it for a cheap starter wheel over anything else.. but take that with a grain of salt thats my opinion and experience yours may vary but its a fact that unless you can find a sweet deal on a used one, the bang for your buck factor is horrible for a ninebot, they go for the same price today as when i bought my learner wheel over two years ago, even though they are extremely dated in all aspects..

Archived