1845wH - 100V Gotway Monster for sale: $2400 firm

53 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Girth it sounds like a great deal. Best wishes on the sale. Your Z is going to be lonely. 

47361750031_b07fbf646b_b.jpg

Wonderful picture! I never knew you had a Monster! That Blue Monster is now STUCk in my mind, I am going to have a sleepless night! 😭

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Whoa, are you saying Gotway is selling out of existing Monster inventory and then that's it? No more Monsters and no replacement in the works???

I think the prices for some EUCs are reaching a tipping point, particularly from Gotway. If they are going to be charging premium prices then they will need to manufacture premium wheels. There's no indication that they are capable of such wheels.

What is your definition of a premium wheel?; cup holders, cruise control? :unsure:

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Whoa, are you saying Gotway is selling out of existing Monster inventory and then that's it? No more Monsters and no replacement in the works???

That's what I'd been told, maybe there is a new variant of the Monster on the roadmap, but I've seen no evidence of this. 

49 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

These Blue Monsters are only going to appreciate in value: Gotway have depleted their Blue shells, 

@Girth Brooks given the apparent rarity of your wheel I would double the price. ;)

38 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think the prices for some EUCs are reaching a tipping point, particularly from Gotway. If they are going to be charging premium prices then they will need to manufacture premium wheels. There's no indication that they are capable of such wheels.

Is this Marty’s clone again? ;)

18 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

That's what I'd been told, maybe there is a new variant of the Monster on the roadmap, but I've seen no evidence of this. 

Reading between the lines, they must not sell enough to make it worth their while.

Maybe now that KingSong is making truly competitive performance wheels, Gotway will have to up their production quality game. I have my doubts.

Call it intuition (I have no facts to back this up), but I get the sense that since the EUC market has grown Gotway feels they can raise the prices Just Because, with no commensurate increase in quality.

I wonder if 2017/2018 was the golden age of EUCs and we are entering a new period of I don't know what, but it doesn't feel very golden.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Reading between the lines, they must not sell enough to make it worth their while..

I get the feeling that this is a very possible reason for them to stop making them if they're not going to make a newer version.

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Reading between the lines, they must not sell enough to make it worth their while.

Maybe now that KingSong is making truly competitive performance wheels, Gotway will have to up their production quality game. I have my doubts.

Call it intuition (I have no facts to back this up), but I get the sense that since the EUC market has grown Gotway feels they can raise the prices Just Because, with no commensurate increase in quality.

I wonder if 2017/2018 was the golden age of EUCs and we are entering a new period of I don't know what, but it doesn't feel very golden.

I feel that the EUC manufacturers need to up their game on the lower priced spectrum of wheels. The existing EUC rider base is able to go feet first into the multi thousand dollar high end wheels because we already know how to ride them. They need to focus on increasing the number of existing riders through durable, low cost wheels. Maybe they won't go 20 miles but at least they can take a beating from people learning and still get from A to B without trouble after the 100th crash. 

On the other end, the high priced high end wheels are at, IMHO, a great place right now. Averaging more than 50 miles on a single charge is a great place. That is a about a whole day of riding. What other areas do you think could be improved?

2 minutes ago, Esper said:

I feel that the EUC manufacturers need to up their game on the lower priced spectrum of wheels. The existing EUC rider base is able to go feet first into the multi thousand dollar high end wheels because we already know how to ride them. They need to focus on increasing the number of existing riders through durable, low cost wheels. Maybe they won't go 20 miles but at least they can take a beating from people learning and still get from A to B without trouble after the 100th crash. 

On the other end, the high priced high end wheels are at, IMHO, a great place right now. Averaging more than 50 miles on a single charge is a great place. That is a about a whole day of riding. What other areas do you think could be improved?

Agreed, and I love my long distance wheels. But we've had these wheels for literally 2-years now. For ~$1500 we had great wheels (and mine still work). Fast-forward 2-years and now the price for comparable wheels is closer to $2200.

Sure, there are some differences, but my MSuper V3s+ is not all that different from the MSX.

If I'm having to pay such a premium at least give me a wheel that's built like the Z10

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If I'm having to pay such a premium at least give me a wheel that's built like the Z10

If or whenever my Monster takes even one of the spills my Z10 has survived then I know with 100% certainty it will break badly. I paid several hundred more for the more fragile of the two wheels so your point is very sound, Marty.

2 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

If or whenever my Monster takes even one of the spills my Z10 has survived then I know with 100% certainty it will break badly. I paid several hundred more for the more fragile of the two wheels so your point is very sound, Marty.

BTW, boy or boy, did we take over your thread. What was it again that you were selling? :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

@Smoother I assure you that I thought I was getting what I really wanted when I bought it. That feeling sadly has never materialized for me yet. I keep telling myself to just ride it and enjoy it, but I already get that joy with the Z10. It sucks to spend that much only to feel like you didn't get what you paid for. If one simply wants all out speed with stability  (which I just knew I wanted)  then the Monster is the only wheel to get. That being said, I bet the MSX is likely the best all around wheel one can buy today. I know it's just as fast as my Monster, but I would bet anything it isn't anything short of a blast to ride.

Got a chance to tool around on a Monster a few days ago. Nothing short of incredible performance. After our 50 mile ride, the Monster still had over 50% battery left.

I see why people like it, but my first riding impression was that It's definitely an acquired taste. Like any wheel used repetitively, I am certain that if I rode it enough I would adapt to it and learn to love it for what it is: an absolute beast. 

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Maybe developing the Monster was just not profitable overall, because they sold too few units?

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If a company can raise prices based on market demand, it will attract competitors into the market. I guess that the controller software is a significant entry barrier, but at some point I think we will see another company or two trying their luck. Also, legalization is on its way in Europe and that's for quite many people a game changer. I'd love to remain a fringe phenomenon, but I have serious doubts that I can keep this status for another five+ years.

Ok, I just now got the opportunity to try a 2400Wh monster next to my own 1600Wh, both with new mosfets (and I’m assuming new motor). The 2400 definitely feels more solid, and I am able to do pendulums a lot better on it. I think it even accelerates better too! I also found the cogging to be a lot less noticeable. I guess it’s time to save up for a third pack :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Ok, I just now got the opportunity to try a 2400Wh monster next to my own 1600Wh, both with new mosfets (and I’m assuming new motor). The 2400 definitely feels more solid, and I am able to do pendulums a lot better on it. I think it even accelerates better too! I also found the cogging to be a lot less noticeable. I guess it’s time to save up for a third pack :rolleyes:

Really? It would feel heavier for sure but I'm surprised that there would be a difference otherwise.

Where are you hanging out where you are able to happen upon a new 2400wh Monster?

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Where are you hanging out where you are able to happen upon a new 2400wh Monster?

:laughbounce2:

Hahaha, you're like a puppy that heard someone pulling out a bag of treats!

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Really? It would feel heavier for sure but I'm surprised that there would be a difference otherwise.

My main riding buddy just got his in from eWheels today. He upgraded form the KS18S. We’re currently on its maiden voyage!

Update: Seems like my pressure was a bit low. I pumped it up and was able to make the two wheels feel a lot more similar. Though the 2400’s weight still allows it to absorb impacts better at the same pressure as a 1600. So I’m still going to get a third pack, which will let me go top speed for longer :)

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

GW is definitely not selling many monsters.  Too bit, too heavy.  Niche of niche market especially at those prices.  Not a lot of folks have the hobby money. 

Do you know that or just speculation? Does anyone really know how many of any particular wheel is sold.

I know more than a handful of people that have Monsters and I see plenty of evidence online that people are riding them. They don't strike me as being particularly rare.

The newest wheels are costing more than what I paid for my Monster (e.g., KS18XL). Maybe those aren't selling very well either.

Archived