'Face-plant'

AlanR

The EUC is a typical generic @asaj informs me -' Dragonmen Hotwheel' quite cheap $A350 [haggled down from $A600!] 14 inch wheel, 350 kW motor, 132 Wh Samsung battery.

After about 5 mins got back on and it behaved fine until I got home ~ 10 mins!         Riding very conservatively - my wrist was very sore still!!!

No, I don't think I was anywhere near 45' angle - but can't be 100%.     Well below 14 kph.

Pretty sure I had little forward momentum; definitely felt like the wheel just went backwards!

Hi Alan,

I definetely don't want to experience a sudden shut-down like this. I also ride a generic 14" wheel (TG-F3). It has a 260Wh battery and I weight 76kg. I avoid pushing the wheel but maybe my weight and other forces can add up in special situations to trigger that bms-shut-down? 

Best 

NEVER shunt the overcharge-protection mosfet(s), you should not shunt all the mosfets, but identify only the overDIScharge-side mosfets and shunt those!

If you are unsure and cannot identify the correct mosfets, and cannot do the bypass via a thick wire, do not shunt it.

Wait, do you mean the shunt I did by duct taping a spoon across all the mosfets isn't safe?!

Archived