Airwheel S8mini for sale:) $399

I have two perfect Airwheel s8's mini's for sale with literally less than a few meters on them.  They are a customer return that just didn't like them so up for sale they go.  I have been involved with the electric scooter industry since 2015, please feel free to call or text me at 1-925-628-8874 with any questions you may have.  I'm not only a seller but very enthusiastic about battery powered tech.  From cars to airplanes, I love the direction the industry has been going in for the last several years. 

IMG_20190307_145112757.jpg

Edited by myfunwheel
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 10/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, ABEhrhardt said:

I just bought an Airwheel S8+ on eBay, and am happy with it. What is an 'Airwheel s8 mini'?

People have been asking about mine (using at my retirement community); are yours still for sale?

I know this is old and certainly out of date, but the question about the "mini" aspect appears to need an answer. The S8 mini has a straight seat post from the foot base to the seat, while the non-mini version has the curved seat post. The photo shows a curved version, making it the better model of the two.

It's been months since I've seen the S8 available, new or used. I fear we've seen the end of that great scooter, with no other model of this sort on the market. I'd love to be proven incorrect about that. If one knows of a sit-down self balancing non-tandem two wheel scooter, by all means, post a link!

I haven't even looked for one in forever; I was hoping something would happen in the manufacturing department when China 'opened up after the pandemic was over.'

I can't predict the future. I don't know what their domestic market was like - sitting for your commute always seemed better than standing.

I have my first one for battery replacement and tire replacements, but will have to look up the local guy to even try that if my current one ever has a problem. I presume they don't last forever, but have no idea how long they will make it when used gently as mine is, mostly indoors.

The other thing might be to switch the motherboard from the one I use (Maggie2) back into the one I accidentally burned out (Maggie) by running into a curb, rather than move batteries and tires in the other direction. Probably won't matter. I hope to have mine available until I can't use one.

It IS a great little machine - sad to think they wouldn't be making more, and I wonder if there will be another one you can sit on. Hate to think my next one will be a wheelchair or regular scooter.

Thanks for answering the mini question; does that imply that the S8 mini was made before or after the S8?

I don't know the timeline for the mini, as it was the S8 which first caught my eye so many years ago. The mini has never appeared in my saved searches and I've seen it only on the Airwheel video collection.

I've changed my charging practice, although it does slightly increase the workload. I record the charge level after a day's errands and if it's above eighty percent, I'll take it out again without charging in advance. When it reaches the eighty percent level, I'll position it next to the charger, but not turn it on until the morning of expected use. Lithium batteries don't like to be stored at one hundred percent charge level. I'm hoping that this practice will extend the life of my scooters.

Sometimes when I'm searching for replacements, the Wall-E pod appears, always dated from years back and clearly not in production. I'd want one without the pod anyway.

I try to let the charge go down before recharging - and then fill it. The problem is that I don't want to be left with no power somewhere, so I keep an eye on that third red light, and try to make it home before it goes out.

I don't know how much they lose by just being unused, as I don't get out during the pandemic nearly as much as I used to. Fortunately, the riding seems part of me now, though if I go too long without riding outside, I get a little worried on bumps and over cracks in the asphalt paths, and the uneven curb cuts. I don't like the feeling, but I haven't had much energy this fall, and have a bit paperwork problem that's slowly getting resolved, and need to get back to writing the third novel in my mainstream literary trilogy - all this with still no energy. We all hope something will come of the long covid research that will help those with other post-viral illnesses, but it is taking a long time. And I'm not getting any younger.

It's normal for any battery chemistry to lose capacity while idle. Some are more severe than others, but lithium chemistry is pretty good in that respect. Our EVs will display a range after the charge completes and three days later will have lost less than 2 percent. The system in the vehicles limit the charge to 80 percent, which means we can leave the charger on until completed. I'd love to have that option with these scooters.

I don't travel on the scooters as far as I once did. Now it's drive to the store and scooter about, rather than scooter to the store and back. Maybe when the rebuild is complete on the local supermarket (torn down and going back in from the ground up), I'll return to the 3 mile round trip.

• Like 1