STOP Stockholm from banning electric scooters (we know who is next)

Boogieman

I dont live in Stockholm, but if it happens there it will spread to the rest of Sweden.

Then our fellow countrymens governments might act upon that (Denmark, Norway, Finland).

And my guess is that they will not stop with just rentals, but push on with privately owned electrical vehicles, demanding registration and whatnot, killing the comunity and continue to push for exhasut pipes in the city and more "deat by car" accident instead of some scrape marks from a EUC or likewise. They simply dont understand and thus they are afraid.

I found peition that could be signed to stop this if anyone feels like it.

http://chng.it/Hd8vQbSkzr

Best regards

Boogie

• 4 weeks later...

Oslo is so pro-green at this point that I doubt they would ever want to ban them. Hell, there are now electric scooters available for rent the same way city-bikes are.

Or... you could look at it another way.  If they restrict the ban to eScooters  (the ones causing all the trouble) the problem will go away and the occasional EUC that is seen will not upset the authorities (unless it is ridden recklessly).

I did predict that eScooters would cause trouble for us across the world. 

Maybe the sooner they are banned the sooner we "responsible" private owners of EUCs can get on with life as it was before this plague descended on us.

Fortunately, escooters are illegal in the UK so we don't have angry mobs clamoring for new laws

Unfortunately EUCs are also illegal, but, since there is on average less than one EUC per town of reasonable size, we don't present a problem to the authorities. We "fly" under the radar.

Archived