Electric shopper

Dragan

I am trying to support my shopper (two wheel trolley used for daily grocery shopping) with an electric motor, using available parts of e scooters and hoverboards.

The speed should be max.6 km/h, the distance max 1 km, time of motor use 30min.

Unfortunately, I do not understand electronics almost at all.

For my project I thought I would need: 1 e-scooter hub motor (36v  500w), 1 speed controller, 1 thumb throttle, 1 battery (36v, 4.4Ah like for hoverboard), battery charger.

Could anyone advise me what exact parts should I buy and from which suppliers.

Best regards to all who read this message and thanks to those who send advice.

46 minutes ago, Dragan said:

I am trying to support my shopper (two wheel trolley used for daily grocery shopping) with an electric motor, using available parts of e scooters and hoverboards.

For my project I thought I would need: 1 e-scooter hub motor (36v  500w), 1 speed controller, 1 thumb throttle, 1 battery (36v, 4.4Ah like for hoverboard), battery charger.

With a thumb throttle speed controller you won't be happy. Imo. Regulating to ones walking speed needs something like the self balancing mechanism of an EUC while trollying. Just that the angle would be quite uncommon for a shopper - so some firmware adjustments would be needed, but afaik there is no open source firmware available...

46 minutes ago, Dragan said:

Unfortunately, I do not understand electronics almost at all.

That's s pity. But although for people understanding electronics that would imho not be an fast and easy project...

Could anyone advise me what exact parts should I buy and from which suppliers.

I don't know about anything like this which could be made from prefabricated parts easily - but here are many smart people. Hopefully one has "the" idea for a solution!

There was just once the announcment of this two wheeled self balancing "egg" with an auto following system? Able to transport quite some weight? But i never heard of it beeing available to the market ... but i did not follow this topic.

Archived