Website Darkmode?

Esper

I've been thinking about this for a while, but as more and more websites are making this a feature, I was wondering how difficult or plausible the idea of giving this forum a darkmode option? Youtube, Reddit, Google, Twitter, etc, have the option for a darkmode/nightmode. It helps people read without as much eye strain. 

@John Eucist? Feedback? What do you think?

The forum software is provided by the service provider, it's not custom made, although it may have themes. Didn't see any options in the account settings though, so if separate themes are available, the setting might be "global" (ie. affect all the users).

2 hours ago, esaj said:

The forum software is provided by the service provider, it's not custom made, although it may have themes. Didn't see any options in the account settings though, so if separate themes are available, the setting might be "global" (ie. affect all the users).

Thank you for checking anyways. I'll just use the Chrome app that triggers darkmode across most websites including this one. 
If anyone is interested in a Darkmode for this forum, click on this.

23 hours ago, Esper said:

Thank you for checking anyways. I'll just use the Chrome app that triggers darkmode across most websites including this one. 
If anyone is interested in a Darkmode for this forum, click on this.

Thanks for the link, man!! This is so much better.

5 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Thanks for the link, man!! This is so much better.

Isn't it though! The only bad thing is that some images are replaced with a black box. Try a google image search and you'll see. It has a few bugs, but I can live with them since switching from light to dark is easy.

Archived