Cannot connect to King Song app

sonicslp

I just got a new phone (Pixel 3XL) and, for the life of me, cannot connect my KS14s to the app. My phone's bluetooth sees it (as KS14d) but simply doesn't connect. It's been almost a year since I've paired it with a phone, so I'm probably doing something wrong. Do I need to put the wheel in pairing mode somehow? The King Song app itself doesn't even see the wheel at all to pair with it.

30 minutes ago, sonicslp said:

I just got a new phone (Pixel 3XL) and, for the life of me, cannot connect my KS14s to the app. My phone's bluetooth sees it (as KS14d) but simply doesn't connect. It's been almost a year since I've paired it with a phone, so I'm probably doing something wrong. Do I need to put the wheel in pairing mode somehow? The King Song app itself doesn't even see the wheel at all to pair with it.

Check the right management of the KS app in the options.

I would guess the app is not allowed to use GPS/Location.

If so...the app can not see the wheel

I was surprised at the permissions the new app asks for.  I went ahead and allowed them.  The new blue background app is finally available for android.  It looks like a winner.  Maybe the days of us complaining about the kingsong app are over.

I just picked up first EUC (KS18XL) from ewheels tonight.  There were 2 Kingsong apps in the iTunes store:  kingsong-NEW (garbage) and kingsong_NEW (better and let me register and unlock the wheel)

I haven't gone riding on it yet, but the first thing I did was unlock the wheel with the kingsong_NEW app and set the 1st alarm to 0, 2nd alarm to 0, third alarm to 39, and warping speed to 40 as suggested by an email from support@ewheels.  It sounds like "warping speed" is tilt-back.  Any idea what the other 3 values do?  I thought top speed limit was 20 for new riders?

I think 40 is default for the first 125 miles on the 18l and xl.  Currently I have the second alarm set for 2 km below the 3rd, just so I know how fast I am going.  You can set them to whatever you want with 1 and 2,  but you might get confused on what alarm is beeping at you.  Once you learn how to ride I would move the 3rd alarm and tilt back setting down to a lower speed to get familiar with it, and learn how to react.  Every time I get a new wheel I set the tiltback for about 10 miles per hour to get a feel for it, then move it up a little and practice riding tiltback at a higher speed until I feel confident with the reaction of the wheel and my reaction to it.   I Would not want to be going 25 miles per hour the first time I experienced tiltback.  Once you start hearing those beeps you don’t want to be accelerating hard- leaning into it.  This is How I acquaint myself with tiltback on a wheel, it might not be a good idea for everyone, but it works for me and I am comfortable with it.  YMMV.

I downloaded the app from the google app store and it also didnt work well. So i downloaded another one from my distributors site which he suggested and this version is working fine. He also said, that the version in the google app store is rather old. Just wondering why Kingsong doesnt upload the new version to the app store.

Archived