Used euc wanted

Pete G

I am looking for a used, faulty, broke euc.

Not model specific as i want to try one out without scaring the wife with the cost 1st, so the basic idea is to keep the cost low to show how good it will be then upgrade to a decent one!

I’m an electrical controls engineer and can fix pretty much anything really.

thanks

You can get some of the cheapo models for ~$300, possibly even less. I haven’t checked aliexpress in a while. Are you looking for something less than that? It’s fine if you are, just checking. 

Also, some people might be selling working wheels on here for less than that. Ninebot One models are usually on the cheaper side while still having a community around them, as opposed to some generic model. Heck, I think a new Ninebot One (I forget which variant) is close to $300 new.

43 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

You can get some of the cheapo models for ~$300, possibly even less. I haven’t checked aliexpress in a while. Are you looking for something less than that? It’s fine if you are, just checking. 

Also, some people might be selling working wheels on here for less than that. Ninebot One models are usually on the cheaper side while still having a community around them, as opposed to some generic model. Heck, I think a new Ninebot One (I forget which variant) is close to $300 new.

If i can put one together for less than that would be awesome. $100 (£75) is prob very very unrealistic though tbh!! Lol

I’ll have a look at the Ninebot One, see whether there’s any around at all. Doesn’t appear to as much of anything like this near me although i found one shop in Bristol but i may have to get into London to get anything decent.

I did actually have a look at doing that too!!

Main cost issue turns out to be not having a 3d printer! Plus buying all the parts to fit onto something that wouldnt be anywhere near as safe.

Maybe when i’ve tried out what i like then i could look into doing that, even found templates for it already! Lol

I have found one on ebay, £80, Its a mars rover airwheel, about as basic as you can probably get. Dunno if it’ll take my weight as i havent checked yet. 15 stone is a lot of kgs!

Yeah, those airwheels are good for testing the EUC waters but not much else it you’re wanting something more than just a semi-practical toy (kind of like the hoverboards). But if all you need is a proof of concept it should work great until you inevitably upgrade ;) Do you know which model it is?

I have a KS14c 340Wh White.  It has about 1200km on it.  It needs the armature of the motor adjusting as it got slightly bent when I had the old axle pushed out to make way for the newer/stronger axle.  It needs to be put in a hydraulic press and teased a few mm back to straight.  I have been procrastinating for over a year because I'm too cheap to pay a mechanic to rent his press.  And as I have my 16s to ride, there was no priority.  There are two tyres;  One brand new 2.5" that would require shell modification to work, and the original tyre which has plenty of tread on it still.  I have been nurturing the idea of taking it to Spain as my training/partner wheel, but since I was last wheeling in spain (on this wheel) two years ago, the law has changed there so much, I'm not even sure I will be able to ride my 16s where I want to (all along the seafront)

Could you fix that?

17 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Yeah, those airwheels are good for testing the EUC waters but not much else it you’re wanting something more than just a semi-practical toy (kind of like the hoverboards). But if all you need is a proof of concept it should work great until you inevitably upgrade ;) Do you know which model it is?

All i can see is airwheel x3 and mars rover x3

17 hours ago, Smoother said:

I have a KS14c 340Wh White.  It has about 1200km on it.  It needs the armature of the motor adjusting as it got slightly bent when I had the old axle pushed out to make way for the newer/stronger axle.  It needs to be put in a hydraulic press and teased a few mm back to straight.  I have been procrastinating for over a year because I'm too cheap to pay a mechanic to rent his press.  And as I have my 16s to ride, there was no priority.  There are two tyres;  One brand new 2.5" that would require shell modification to work, and the original tyre which has plenty of tread on it still.  I have been nurturing the idea of taking it to Spain as my training/partner wheel, but since I was last wheeling in spain (on this wheel) two years ago, the law has changed there so much, I'm not even sure I will be able to ride my 16s where I want to (all along the seafront)

Could you fix that?

If it needs putting in a press do you mean the kind used to put on bearings?

Pretty sure i could solve it or at least find someone able to. Last resort would be a hammer, pipe sleeving and a block of wood. I’m sure it’d be fine...... lol

I’m in the uk, southampton. How much would you be looking for and i have no clue about postage costs? Alternatively i could pick it up if you are close enough?

4 hours ago, Pete G said:

If it needs putting in a press do you mean the kind used to put on bearings?

Pretty sure i could solve it or at least find someone able to. Last resort would be a hammer, pipe sleeving and a block of wood. I’m sure it’d be fine...... lol

I’m in the uk, southampton. How much would you be looking for and i have no clue about postage costs? Alternatively i could pick it up if you are close enough?

Yes.  The type of press every mechanic shop has.

It almost brings a tear to my eye to say this, but given the cost and availability of some new wheels I really couldn't expect more that £200 for it, even though the battery pack is worth more than that.

And yes a hammer and blocks of wood might work fine, it only has to move a few mm on one side.  The press is so much more precise, and less dramatic  The wheel itself is in Bromley, Kent (most of it anyway, some of it is here with me).  If you're up for it I could bring it somewhere in the middle like Basingstoke.

PS having decided that I can let this wheel go, and that the battery is worth more than the wheel, I have listed the battery separately for £250.  Your price is still £200 because there is some work for you to do, if you go for it.

And if you bring some equipment to change out a six pin double pole double throw switch I need replacing on a circuit board of a different project, I'll knock off another £10.:D

17 hours ago, Smoother said:

Yes.  The type of press every mechanic shop has.

It almost brings a tear to my eye to say this, but given the cost and availability of some new wheels I really couldn't expect more that £200 for it, even though the battery pack is worth more than that.

And yes a hammer and blocks of wood might work fine, it only has to move a few mm on one side.  The press is so much more precise, and less dramatic  The wheel itself is in Bromley, Kent (most of it anyway, some of it is here with me).  If you're up for it I could bring it somewhere in the middle like Basingstoke.

PS having decided that I can let this wheel go, and that the battery is worth more than the wheel, I have listed the battery separately for £250.  Your price is still £200 because there is some work for you to do, if you go for it.

And if you bring some equipment to change out a six pin double pole double throw switch I need replacing on a circuit board of a different project, I'll knock off another £10.:D

This is properly tempting, only issue is finding £200 off the bat! Really didn’t expect to find anything as decent as that tbh!

7 hours ago, Pete G said:

This is properly tempting, only issue is finding £200 off the bat! Really didn’t expect to find anything as decent as that tbh!

I'm in no hurry, although, as I said I did post the battery separately after thinking about the absurd upside down battery valuation.

I don’t understand? Would you/people normally buy whichever wheel and then a battery or would it normally come as a complete thing with everything you need to charge up and get going?

On 3/5/2019 at 8:52 PM, Smoother said:

Look for Ninebot one E+ its simple to repair model, and best for the first wheel.

12 hours ago, Pete G said:

I don’t understand? Would you/people normally buy whichever wheel and then a battery or would it normally come as a complete thing with everything you need to charge up and get going?

Wheels sometimes come with battery size options.  My KS14C was sold either with a 340WH battery, or something bigger.  I want to say 680Wh because it 2 times 340, but I seem to remember it was some other number indicating the second pack was a different size.  Anyway, you understand the concept.

Now your question inadvertently touched on a separate topic; that of how the wheel is shipped.  In some parts of the world you can order a wheel with no batteries (Italy for one).  I'm not sure if you then choose a pack from the options of that wheel, or have your own made, or transfer compatible battery packs from a different wheel (older model, smashed to pieces in a wreck, etc).  I've also heard some people write about receiving their wheel and then installing the batteries as described.  Mostly, I think people get wheels with the batteries already installed. Some of these deviations from the norm may be due to shipping (restrictions) on a country/supplier basis.

And they all come with a factory charger.

Archived