I got my KingSong KS18L stolen

Henrik Olsen

20 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I got my KingSong KS18L stolen last night from a local park in Denmark.

I would appreciate if you see a wheel for sale without a charger and with the serial number KS18 L2 180525 F 093 and let me know.

You can either PM me or use heo3480@gmail.com

Thank you

Feeling with you Henrik! terrifying what scumbags are running around....

Will take an eye out in all places i am connected to!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Yes, it's my own fault I forgot to put it in my car after a trip to the local park. When I found out and returned it was of course gone. 

ugh.... Well I would then nail up some KS 18L ‘Missing’ signs around the park and area utility poles with a reward for it’s return. 

Don’t feel bad. Some parents forget their infants  in the car. :(

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

I like this idea for scenarios where I might have to leave my wheel unattended in public places. For example, if I leave for the restroom in a restaurant or cafe. As far as the car is concerned I just leave it the trunk, or "boot" as its called in Europe :).

161025_6_1400x1400.jpg

Boot (trunk) ....I should know that term by now after watching Top Gear and The Grand Tour.  Suppose you could also toss it under the bonnet (hood).:facepalm:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, travsformation said:

Hadn't figured you as a grammar Nazi. I thought that was my thing. Life us full of surprises :efee612b4b:

Also...trunk? Aren't you from the UK? Don't tell me you've got one of these in your car! :efee612b4b:

51ekHf9DTZL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

My personal grammar skills don't  stand up to the scrutiny of certain Finnish members of this forum Cough @esaj Cough.  But When I read the title I was curious if @Henrik Olsen had picked up some mannerisms or slang.  So it was refreshing to discover his title was spot, on, but upsetting that he was out of pocket to the tune of one top of the line EUC.

As for the use of the word "trunk" there are three reasons.

1. I lived in the US for over 28 years so I've owned more trunks than boots.

2. Due to the international nature of this forum I chose the word most likely to be universally understood , yes, even in England.

3.  I think Trunk is a better word.  After all, even old English cars like Rolls Royce, etc had a genuine trunk strapped to the back.  I don't know why it's a boot over here.  I could look it up I suppose.

It's amazing how much thought goes into some words, and also sometimes so little. Was that grammatically correct?

Ok. So I looked up "boot" and it wasn't vert satisfying, or clear. A hold over term from horse drawn carriages, which didn't make sense even then.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

You see now, these two words, at least refer to the same type of item, that has a similar function "to cover"  But Boot? What's that all about?

For me there was always an assumed meaning; a heavy duty shoe used for work or tracking through harsh terrain. I found it amusing when I first heard it used to reference the trunk of a car :D

Edited by Lutalo

FYI, over here, a car can have a bonnet AND a hood.  If it's a convertible the "soft top" is the hood. 

And just to add complexity to the language, here, a "fender" is a "wing", and people don't talk about the left side or the right side; it's the near side or the off side.  The near side is the side nearest the curb, and the off side, isn't. If your mechanic is describing a fault to you he may say something like "I found excessive play in your front, near side wheel bearing"

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your wheel being stolen.  I really hope you find it.  It will be hard to use locally because you or someone you know will see it.  Pawn shops, Craig’s list, eBay, Facebook market place is all I can think of.  Is there possibly a camera that covers the location that you left it at?

FYI, over here, a car can have a bonnet AND a hood.  If it's a convertible the "soft top" is the hood. 

And just to add complexity to the language, here, a "fender" is a "wing", and people don't talk about the left side or the right side; it's the near side or the off side.  The near side is the side nearest the curb, and the off side, isn't. If your mechanic is describing a fault to you he may say something like "I found excessive play in your front, near side wheel bearing"

What is wrong with you people :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lutalo said:

:D Sure thing. 

51L4QDvoNvL._SL1000_.jpg

I can’t help but think there is a hidden subliminal suggestion lurking in your answer.;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Suppose you could also toss it under the bonnet

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I can’t help but think there is a hidden subliminal suggestion lurking in your answer.;)

:D More subliminal than tossing things under bonnets? :roflmao:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Poor Henrik lost his wheel and we (I) end up discussing about bonnets. Back on track. Sorry buddy.  

I assume all responsibility. I'm the one one who started it by poking @Smoother with a terminological pointy stick. Sorry.... :efef2e0fff:

On the plus side, there's no way we're dumber / more scatter-minded than the EUC thief. He might not be discussing bonnets, but he'll surely make a mistake, one way or another.

Seriously, I had a bicycle stolen and found it for sale online. Don't lose hope and don't underestimate the power of stupidity!

• Like 2

I'll sure keep an eye out in Gothenburg. These things, while getting more common than before, are still not anything even close to an everyday item, so the thief will probably have a hard time selling it without a charger or receipt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Thank for the support guys.. 

Also some could be stupid enough to try and sell it in here. 

I have followed most of the suggestions and will be monitoring on the weeks to come. 

@Rehab1 Don't worry about the gramma discussion, I'm learning as well :-)

Please keep us posted. Hoping for a positive outcome.  Champagne is on ice!

2 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

@Rehab1 Don't worry about the gramma discussion, I'm learning as well :-)

I really didn't mean to be inconsiderate, I was hungover yesterday... 

Did you buy your wheel online or is there a local distributor?

I've heard of several cases of theft here in my area, and in all cases, the thief tried to sell the wheel, but wasn't sure how. In 3 of the 4 cases I know if, the owner recovered their wheel. In two of the cases, the owner had bought it from a local distributor (physical shop) , and contacted them to let them know it had been stolen and gave them the serial number. The shop started asking customers who wanted to buy chargers for their wheel's serial number, and in one instance, the thief was dumb enough to provide it, and in the other, he "changed his mind" and walked out of the store, incriminating himself. 

The other wheel was found on a local online second hand market (all our wheels have unique scratches and particularities that we owners can easily identify). 

I'm optimistic that the thief will make a mistake of one kind or another. It's just a matter of being patient... 

It would be great if manufacturers could implement options to track and lock wheels remotely, for cases like this (like Android's find/lock/wipe my phone). But... sh*t, I'm sidetracking your thread AGAIN. Sorry... (Undiagnosed ADHD...?) 

As I said, don't lose faith! Will keep my fingers crossed for you! Any particular marks / traits on your wheel that we can all look out for if the thief tries to sell the wheel on a global second hand sale site? 

Edited by travsformation

On 3/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, Henrik Olsen said:

Hi Guys. 

Thank you for your advice and kind words

Yes, it's my own fault I forgot to put it in my car after a trip to the local park. When I found out and returned it was of course gone. 

A really stupid and lame mistake. 

/Henrik

Awww, Damn! :(

8 hours ago, travsformation said:

I really didn't mean to be inconsiderate, I was hungover yesterday... 

Did you buy your wheel online or is there a local distributor?

I've heard of several cases of theft here in my area, and in all cases, the thief tried to sell the wheel, but wasn't sure how. In 3 of the 4 cases I know if, the owner recovered their wheel. In two of the cases, the owner had bought it from a local distributor (physical shop) , and contacted them to let them know it had been stolen and gave them the serial number. The shop started asking customers who wanted to buy chargers for their wheel's serial number, and in one instance, the thief was dumb enough to provide it, and in the other, he "changed his mind" and walked out of the store, incriminating himself. 

The other wheel was found on a local online second hand market (all our wheels have unique scratches and particularities that we owners can easily identify). 

I'm optimistic that the thief will make a mistake of one kind or another. It's just a matter of being patient... 

It would be great if manufacturers could implement options to track and lock wheels remotely, for cases like this (like Android's find/lock/wipe my phone). But... sh*t, I'm sidetracking your thread AGAIN. Sorry... (Undiagnosed ADHD...?) 

As I said, don't lose faith! Will keep my fingers crossed for you! Any particular marks / traits on your wheel that we can all look out for if the thief tries to sell the wheel on a global second hand sale site? 

Yes I hope so. I'll keep looking. 

The wheel was bought from King Song by my former unicycle shop Uniriders (only place in Denmark to buy King Song, and now it's out of business) 

/Henrik

1 hour ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Yes I hope so. I'll keep looking. 

The wheel was bought from King Song by my former unicycle shop Uniriders (only place in Denmark to buy King Song, and now it's out of business) 

/Henrik

If there are houses or apartments around where you left it, do you have the courage to knock on people's doors asking the residents if they have seen anyone riding one of these (show picture)?  Also give them your number and ask them to call if they see someone.

Sometimes doing your own detective work gets results. Case in point.

An ex of mine was being harassed by an ex of hers.  He called and harassed her one night from a local bar.  The police said when they got there he was gone.  The next day I went down there and gave a picture of him to the bar staff, telling them what he was doing.  Within days we got a call, he was there.  We called the cops and they arrested him.  Court, fine, the whole nine yards.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

If there are houses or apartments around where you left it, do you have the courage to knock on people's doors asking the residents if they have seen anyone riding one of these (show picture).  Also give them your number and ask them to call if they see someone.

Good idea! Also if you go the ‘Stolen Reward’ route try making the poster that is easy to read in the car while driving. Conveying the make, model and serial # can then be discussed with the person that calls to report a sighting. 

46368360635_0c1f010b47_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Good idea! Also if you go the ‘Stolen Reward’ route try making the poster that is easy to read in the car while driving. Conveying the make, model and serial # can then be discussed with the person that calls to report a sighting. 

46368360635_0c1f010b47_b.jpg

Excellent idea!  add "no questions asked" so even the thieves have an incentive to return it for cash.

EDIT. Hell! make it $200 or what ever that is in Krona, or whatever.  Euros?  It's a lot cheaper than buying a new one. And they didn't "steal" it so much as "find" it.  Finders keepers, and all that. Maybe change the first word to "LOST" or "MISSING"

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Excellent idea!  add "no questions asked" so even the thieves have an incentive to return it for cash.

Great idea! This addition to the poster is a game changer! Nice one!

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1