I got my KingSong KS18L stolen

Henrik Olsen

12 hours ago, Smoother said:

Excellent idea!  add "no questions asked" so even the thieves have an incentive to return it for cash.

12 hours ago, travsformation said:

Great idea! This addition to the poster is a game changer! Nice one!

I like that idea. 

32346049937_0fbb2ccf28_b.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I like it too :-)

Naturally the $100 reward is just a figurative amount for the graphic although incentives can bring out the best (or worst) in people. To many members the best reward would be just witnessing the smile on your face upon the return of your wheel.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

Despite the vast numbers of people I know who have had their bicycles stolen (~30-40, including 2 of my locked ones and 1 unlocked one), not one has ever gotten it back.

Why are bicycles stole so often? It apparently just comes down to there being no consequences except perhaps the somewhat serious one of an educational beat-down.

https://www.treehugger.com/bikes/underworld-economics-what-happens-stolen-bikes.html

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I like that idea. 

32346049937_0fbb2ccf28_b.jpg

Maybe you should put lost instead of stolen the person who found it laying there at the roadside maybe to scared to bring it back if it says stolen he did technically find it but should of handed it in somewhere maybe 

Oops just noticed that's already been said

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

It's like I rented out my bike for $450 for a year....😜

Nice work if you can repeat it, frequently.  Oh, wait, that's what ride share bikes are all about.

San Diego to Oregon in a year?!  Sounds like they were riding it (very slowly) to get it across the Canadian border.  It's a pity they skipped geography in school; the Mexican border is SO MUCH closer.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Nice work if you can repeat it, frequently.  Oh, wait, that's what ride share bikes are all about.

San Diego to Oregon in a year?!  Sounds like they were riding it (very slowly) to get it across the Canadian border.  It's a pity they skipped geography in school; the Mexican border is SO MUCH closer.

LoL 😁 Must have been some bad (or good 🙃) acid in Oregon to make them abandon my bike in good condition...

So @Henrik Olsen in case you come to the point thst you need to buy a new wheel. What wheels are you considering and why? if you don't mind me asking.

I am to buy a second wheel myself. As I use my wheel so frequent that want a secon wheel so any puncture or broken part don't stop my riding. So much easier to use an EUC compared to the car. Traffic and parking and road work and congestion fees just makes EUC a better choice.

I hope Kingsong shares info on KS16X soon. But right now I lean towards KS18XL. Other options I am looking at is Z10 eu release, if it happens, and GW Nikola. Maybe KS16S.

I tested a Z10, it feels fun, and different, but failure rates amd 9Bs handling is putting me off.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I recently my bag with things I carry every day was stolen, and while I was at a church no less.  so I really feel for you man.  I am so sorry you are going through this. Personal violation, loss, anxiety.  I hope you recover your wheel I really do!

I had the odd experience yesterday of having my Hired Hands and a pair of winter gloves stolen.  It was a fascinating experience if only because whoever grabbed them was both quick and bold.  It was a good reminder for me of how quickly I can have my stuff stolen if I'm not careful.  

It's frustrating because the hardest challenge I face is trying to find a way to pair winter gloves with wrist protection.  I'm back to square one now, which is far more frustrating than just the $ loss.  

On 3/5/2019 at 10:58 PM, Unventor said:

So @Henrik Olsen in case you come to the point thst you need to buy a new wheel. What wheels are you considering and why? if you don't mind me asking.

I am to buy a second wheel myself. As I use my wheel so frequent that want a secon wheel so any puncture or broken part don't stop my riding. So much easier to use an EUC compared to the car. Traffic and parking and road work and congestion fees just makes EUC a better choice.

I hope Kingsong shares info on KS16X soon. But right now I lean towards KS18XL. Other options I am looking at is Z10 eu release, if it happens, and GW Nikola. Maybe KS16S.

I tested a Z10, it feels fun, and different, but failure rates amd 9Bs handling is putting me off.

I would properly consider getting the 18XL.

Not doing the z10, despite it’s the best looking one  

Edited by Henrik Olsen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I'm back :-)

@Henrik Olsen welcome back.

I know you have a FB group in Copenhagen. I just suffer from a extreme FB-fobia so as properly know, I don't use FB anymore.

If you never tested the large pedels please let me know. I am properly going to Cph in spring, and I can take my wheel with me in the car so you can test it. 

Thinking this was an unplaned expense buy a replacement wheel, I understand hold back on bigger pedels for now. But I highly recommend this option.

Great to see you have yor fantastic (dollar) grin. 😁

10 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Congratulations on your new wheel. Watched your video as I just received mine, and it was nice to experience the pleasure again (for somebody else). I hope you hang on to this one - and of course that your old wheel come back to its rightful owner some day. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 4:01 AM, Marty Backe said:

Glad you got your KS18(X)L back. I suspect that you're never going to let it out of your sight again :D

You'll love the extended range of the XL. In my opinion it has the best range of any existing 1600wh wheel.

Yes, I think I will.. took for a short test Saturday and rode 24km, and the battery dropped from 96 to 73%. 

This is under cold conditions, so this will be brilliant when it's warmer. 

I'm working with a Danish company now trying to have a GPS tracker build into the wheel that will last up to 10 years. I'll make a video about it if I succeed 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, Unventor said:

@Henrik Olsen welcome back.

I know you have a FB group in Copenhagen. I just suffer from a extreme FB-fobia so as properly know, I don't use FB anymore.

If you never tested the large pedels please let me know. I am properly going to Cph in spring, and I can take my wheel with me in the car so you can test it. 

Thinking this was an unplaned expense buy a replacement wheel, I understand hold back on bigger pedels for now. But I highly recommend this option.

Great to see you have yor fantastic (dollar) grin. 😁

We should definitely hook up on Copenhagen when the weather heats up. Our group is growing quite rapidly, there will be a lot of riders this spring. 

Yes, tried to convince Speedyfeet to sponsor a set of large pedals, but so far no luck.

/HeO 

On 3/16/2019 at 12:44 AM, Henrik Olsen said:

Congrats on the new wheel (and upgrade), and welcome to the XL club! You're really going to enjoy the range on this thing...Great choice! :)

• Like 1