I got my KingSong KS18L stolen

Henrik Olsen

I’m so sorry to hear this Henrik! You may have already thought about this but if not, consider contacting companies that sell KingSongs to your country and inform them. Also check your local pawnshops and newspapers. 

The thief is going to need a charger. Unfortunately it would be difficult to reach out to all of the secondary online sellers. I’ll keep my eyes posted on EBay. If one becomes available I’ll contact you. Best wishes!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I got my KingSong KS18L stolen last night from a local park in Denmark.

I would appreciate if you see a wheel for sale without a charger and with the serial number KS18 L2 180525 F 093 and let me know.

You can either PM me or use heo3480@gmail.com

Thank you

Sorry to hear what happened to you. I guess your KS 18L looked very attractive to the thief.

I think KS has this social network in its app. In it, there is a button to search KS's nearby. Maybe you can try that?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

I think KS has this social network in its app. In it, there is a button to search KS's nearby. Maybe you can try that?

Unfortunately that will only show KS users with the app that are nearby...   :(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I got my KingSong KS18L stolen last night from a local park in Denmark.

I would appreciate if you see a wheel for sale without a charger and with the serial number KS18 L2 180525 F 093 and let me know.

You can either PM me or use heo3480@gmail.com

Thank you

Sorry to hear about this man. I recall you were one of the first buyers to receive yours and provide a real world range test.

Your 18L got me extra excited to receive mine so I am really sorry to hear that an unscrupulous thief made off with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

I wonder how he made off, riding?

I would hate to think that it was another EUC rider, but there are only three ways that I can imagine: riding, trolleying, or toting.

Bollocks! Very offended to hear about your misfortune. Mutually the "criminal mastermind" soon realized that named item is zero worth for him and dropped it nearby. Because he certainly will not lug it several miles, he probably threw it away somewhere nearby. Rather look for it afterwards. Wish you all success!

@Henrik Olsen it has been a long time since I saw you here. Sad to see it being under these circumstances. 

I actually thought you had stopped riding. Despite chances are slim, I hope you get the wheel back safely.

• Like 3

Hi Guys. 

Thank you for your advice and kind words

Yes, it's my own fault I forgot to put it in my car after a trip to the local park. When I found out and returned it was of course gone. 

A really stupid and lame mistake. 

/Henrik

• Like 2

I guess you already have asked the police. Someone might have handed it in. 

• Like 1

Well I guess you can "upgrade" to KS18XL if it doesn't show up. But give it a little time.

• Like 1

Just now, Unventor said:

Well I guess you can "upgrade" to KS18XL if it doesn't show up. But give it a little time.

Yes, that would be a candidate for sure. But it's a lot of money when you don't have the old wheel help fund it.  

• Like 1

Well i don't know them that well but they have a good price in Norway. 

https://www.e-wheels.no/produkt/enhjuling/kingsong-ks18xl

Around 15.5k dkr. Or 20k in nok or sek.

Consider getting a motion sensor alarm for US$10-15 which is what I have. When I leave my car parked with my KS inside, I turn it on and it serves as an alarm and definitely a deterrent to break ins. And if the thief picks it up, it will just continuously alarming at 120 decibels. Make the thief thinks twice! I have 5 wheels and they all have motion alarms. They can be out of sight, but "not out of ears!"

Edited by scubadragosan

28 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Yes, it's my own fault I forgot to put it in my car after a trip to the local park. When I found out and returned it was of course gone. 

A really stupid and lame mistake. 

Sorry to hear that.  I was wondering if your title was grammatically correct (I got my KingSong KS18L stolen).  It was.  I always put my wheel in the trunk immediately upon arriving back at the car.  If I leave it on the ground whilst taking off my gear, I will inevitably leave it behind as you did.

If it's not too inconvenient, try cruising the parks etc near where it was taken.  Maybe someone is still trying to learn how to ride it.  Maybe take a picture with you of one, and ask people if they have seen someone riding one in the area.  It's worth a shot.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Sorry to hear that.  I was wondering if your title was grammatically correct (I got my KingSong KS18L stolen).  It was.  I always put my wheel in the trunk immediately upon arriving back at the car.

Hadn't figured you as a grammar Nazi. I thought that was my thing. Life us full of surprises :efee612b4b:

Also...trunk? Aren't you from the UK? Don't tell me you've got one of these in your car! :efee612b4b:

51ekHf9DTZL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

@Henrik Olsen Am so sorry to hear about this. I really hope you can find it....In addition to what others have already suggested, I'd recommend keeping an eye on ebay and any other online second-hand sale websites in your area. It might also be worth contacting local EUC dealers (if there are any in your area) and telling them about your situation and giving them the wheel's serial no., so they're on alert if anyone drops by to buy a KS18L charger (or is dumb enough to try to sell it to them). Really, best of luck!

I know this is off-topic, but is does bear to consider the potential use of installing a GPS tracker hidden somwhere in the wheel. We're all susceptible of having a mishap of this kind

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, scubadragosan said:

Consider getting a motion sensor alarm for US$10-15 which is what I have. When I leave my car parked with my KS inside, I turn it on and it serves as an alarm and definitely a deterrent to break ins. And if the thief picks it up, it will just continuously alarming at 120 decibels. Make the thief thinks twice! I have 5 wheels and they all have motion alarms. They can be out of sight, but "not out of ears!"

I like this idea for scenarios where I might have to leave my wheel unattended in public places. For example, if I leave for the restroom in a restaurant or cafe. As far as the car is concerned I just leave it the trunk, or "boot" as its called in Europe :).

161025_6_1400x1400.jpg

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1