OliverOliverOliver

Virtual reality gathering

Hi guys and gals, don't know if any of you are into vr? Would love to set up a room for us euc enthusiast to hang out from all around the world and chat about their euc experience and share content . Anyone up for it?my user name is olivertse888 or email olivertse@hotmail.com

• Like 2

Okay so @Hunka Hunka Burning Love didn't take the bait (yet), but I am curious... How do these VR rooms work?

Do I need any specific hardware, or are all VR solutions compatible?

And how do I present myself? Do I need to build some sort of EUC avatar?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

40313566823_f91a9a087a_b.jpg

That may be easy for you to post, but down here where the Hobbits "refuse" to understand the Me Too movement, dressing like that is just asking for trouble!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That may be easy for you to post, but down here where the Hobbits "refuse" to understand the Me Too movement, dressing like that is just asking for trouble!

Good to know. We’ll just keep your new VR  persona between us. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 12:00 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Okay so @Hunka Hunka Burning Love didn't take the bait (yet), but I am curious... How do these VR rooms work?

There's a few free programs like VR Chat, Hifidelity among others (nsfw).  :whistling:  Not that I frequent the others.  Or have any knowledge about them.  I've never even heard of a Vstroker or Kiirroo Onyx 2.  :innocent1: 

There's also Rec Room which is free and pretty fun.  VR programs usually are pretty much universal to different platforms as far as I have seen, but some games can be limited like PS4 only ones like Uncharted 4.

Usually there are options to customize your avatar.  I walked around Pokerstars VR a bit yesterday, but I don't play poker so I just joined a match, looked at the weirdos and left.  :P  There's also Bigscreen VR which is neat.

I'm usually busy on a starship fighting the Klingons, Romulans, and Borg so I haven't checked out the chitty chat VR stuff that much.  It's enough to try to keep a crew of four focused on their tasks at hand while being hit by phasers and photon torpedoes!  :w00t2:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
oh I thought this was in the off topic forum
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, I still wouldn't have much of a clue what do do from here to enter the VR of EUCing :rolleyes:

It all depends what address you using. If it's an oculus go, rift or gear vr. Download oculus rooms or vtime . Ad me olivertse888 as your friend.  And we'll set up a date and time to hang out. From there we can share euc experiences from where you are.  

Sorry, I meant itching all depends what vr headset you are using

I see, surprisingly enough I don't have a VR headset :D

On 3/4/2019 at 7:00 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

It all depends what vr headset you using. If it's an oculus go ( which I'm using), oculus rift or samsung gear vr. Download oculus rooms or vtime app  . Add me olivertse888 as your friend.  And we'll set up a date and time to hang out. From there we can share euc experiences and videos from where you are.  Hopefully others would do the same and we could all hang out in the room and chit chat using our avatars. 

On 3/6/2019 at 2:51 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

There's a few free programs like VR Chat, Hifidelity among others (nsfw).  :whistling:  Not that I frequent the others.  Or have any knowledge about them.  I've never even heard of a Vstroker or Kiirroo Onyx 2.  :innocent1: 

There's also Rec Room which is free and pretty fun.  VR programs usually are pretty much universal to different platforms as far as I have seen, but some games can be limited like PS4 only ones like Uncharted 4.

Usually there are options to customize your avatar.  I walked around Pokerstars VR a bit yesterday, but I don't play poker so I just joined a match, looked at the weirdos and left.  :P  There's also Bigscreen VR which is neat.

I'm usually busy on a starship fighting the Klingons, Romulans, and Borg so I haven't checked out the chitty chat VR stuff that much.  It's enough to try to keep a crew of four focused on their tasks at hand while being hit by phasers and photon torpedoes!  :w00t2:

It all depends what vr headset you using. If it's an oculus go ( which I'm using), oculus rift or samsung gear vr. Im pretty sure any cheap vr googles could work, after all it's just a mobile phone app. Download oculus rooms or vtime app  . Add me olivertse888 as your friend.  And we'll set up a date and time to hang out. From there we can share euc experiences and videos from where you are.  Hopefully others would do the same and we could all hang out in the room and chit chat using our avatars. 

Posted (edited)

I’ve been playing around with Bigscreen VR.  It’s quite a neat home VR theatre app.  I was watching Game of Thrones in a hosted room for bit.  The host was a little bit weird as he/she moved around giving random people VR handjobs.  :blink:  Weirdos!  Oh well, it’s a free app, and mostly other rooms seem normal.  It’s a bit annoying since sometimes people are chatting while you’re trying to watch the movie.

I made my own private theatre and managed to run Netflix on Chrome from the Oculus desktop feature.  I also got Cotomovies to run in an Android simulator (Nox) to stream as well.  Big Screen VR is quite a cool way to watch media on your VR headset.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

Leaving the "bigscreen weirdos" alone... I'm keen to try this, I just need to work out how to get VR chat working - apparently I can do it using my PSVR headset on my Windows PC...

Give me a date to work toward (with a couple of weeks warning, please) and I will try to be ready...

• Like 1