Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the motherboard of a Z10?  Any advice to offer me?  Tips?  I've detailed my problem below.  

I have received a Z10 out of the box that:

• Can turn on 
  • Connect to native app via bluetooth 
  • Is firmware V.1.0.5

But CANNOT activate and cannot update its firmware.  The unit gives me the error message I have included with post (as well as the failed activation screen).  It is actually the same error I saw @Tsparky detail in his post "Z10 Bluetooth Connection Tip Unknown Error".  The cost to ship my Z10 back to China from US is over $400 and seller has agreed to send me a new motherboard so I can repair myself instead.  Before I accept this, I am wondering if anyone could advise how difficult replacing the motherboard actually is.  If you were me would you accept this DIY motherboard repair solution or file for back charge with my credit card?  I don't want to lose $1,800.  

This community and forum is a blessing in a very fragmented and disparate landscape that is EUC customer service.  

UTB8Qdzpof2JXKJkSanrq6y3lVXad.thumb.jpg.d99e6f00befbecb31020b9c6c67704f9.jpgUTB8cPCQoTzIXKJkSafVq6yWgXXat.jpg.jp2

• Upvote 1

I am curious to first know if the pad lock you see in the center of the app is always locked as it is shown in the image above. You can't do anything with it locked from my unboxing experience. I thought mine was defective until I unlocked it the first day I got mine. 

As for your question about board replacement, this will be most helpful (you may have to translate the website via your PC or phone): https://ecodrift.ru/2019/02/12/ninebot-z10-chastaya-polomka/

This video may help as well: 

I would not send my wheel back. Unlock it in the app first if possible though and if not then replace the board.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your input @Girth Brooks.   I have tried to see if the lock on the native app was the problem.  Unfortunately the issue the persists and I've come to the conclusion the mother board needs to be replaced.  The video you posted is helpful in showing the inner components of the z10.   I am honestly new to this and have not EE experience, and given my perceived complexity of the motherboard connection to the rest of the components, I am doubting my ability to successfully replace that motherboard.  My fear is the possibility of accepting the sellers solution for DIY motherboard replacement and not being able to fix; thus voiding the possibility of a full refund.  Appreciate your help.

To change the motherboard is not complicated, the tricky part is to activate the new board with the unit. Basically, the seller needs to send you an authorised account where you can change the new serial no your motherboard have with the original serial number printed on the flap.

The operation is not complicated but they need to provide you with a unique activation code you have to use via that authorised account.

If you had been in Europe i would have helped you. First of all checking your board (if it was firmware related i could fix it for sure, and also maybe the same about hardware).

You can connect a programmer and i can do it for you remotely (you need to be reachable by the WAN). You need a J-Link V8. Then it is quite easy to do whatever you want about serial and activation... ;-)

It is also a good thing if you can show some pictures of the board, to do a visual inspection if there is any evident electronic trouble.

Edited by GMOne

• 3 years later...
On 3/5/2019 at 2:49 PM, GMOne said:

If you had been in Europe i would have helped you. First of all checking your board (if it was firmware related i could fix it for sure, and also maybe the same about hardware).

You can connect a programmer and i can do it for you remotely (you need to be reachable by the WAN). You need a J-Link V8. Then it is quite easy to do whatever you want about serial and activation... ;-)

It is also a good thing if you can show some pictures of the board, to do a visual inspection if there is any evident electronic trouble.

hello guys you can provide me and activate code for my Z10 motherboard 

• 1 year later...

@GMOne Hi, I have a replaced motherboard (the 2 units according to the previous owner), can you still help with changing the SN and activate the Z10? mine is a nice brick so far, stopping at the bluetooth password of the ninebot app… many many thanks (I’m based in france)