15 Mile One Way - V10F vs KS18XL

1 hour ago, Energon5 said:

I'm thinking I'm going to end up trying to get the V10F to start with

How much would it cost you? It really depends on the price. 1800 is a crazy price if you can get an 18L with a slightly bigger battery for the same money (and as I said, then I think the 18XL upgrade makes too much sense). So unless you just want a 16 incher... it really depends on the price.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both are one of the best wheels on the market right now. I have the V10F and can warmly recommend it. However, if you want to ride 30 miles a day without charging at work, then you should go with the

Even better there are videos. On YouTube and photos on www.roll.nz 😃 https://www.roll.nz/int/store/31-50-euc-bodyguard-for-ks-18l-and-ks-18xl.html#/55-colour_combination-black_red  

For the good of the entire EUC community @Marty Backe would be more than happy to loan you all of his wheels to speed up the fitting process. I have a feeling your business is going to grow!

3 hours ago, Energon5 said:

The discussion in this thread has been great. Based on some factors here, and just the general circumstances and everything, I'm thinking I'm going to end up trying to get the V10F to start with. And if I end up needing more power or anything after that, I'll figure out selling and trading up in some way. Thanks for all the input!

Good choice. You probably will want to trade up eventually, but the V10F is good enough that you won't need to do it anytime soon. Plus, I think that Inmotion actually makes a cover for it. I recommend buying it and using it at all times while learning 😉👍

4 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Good choice. You probably will want to trade up eventually, but the V10F is good enough that you won't need to do it anytime soon. Plus, I think that Inmotion actually makes a cover for it. I recommend buying it and using it at all times while learning 😉👍

It might seem silly. But imho a cover is nice especially for your first wheel. 

Now there is a cover for KS18L/XL due to @The Fat Unicyclist and www.roll.nz 

More expensive though.

6 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Oh! That's awesome. I wasn't aware. :thumbup:

Hahaha so now you just have to own one maybe two.

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I agree on the cover... Except I can't find it in stock. At least not on the ewheels or in motion site :(

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

I rarely use my car anymore. I use my wheel to vomute and shopping.

You use your wheel to vomit and go shopping???:D:D

11 hours ago, Unventor said:

It might seem silly. But imho a cover is nice especially for your first wheel. 

Now there is a cover for KS18L/XL due to @The Fat Unicyclist and www.roll.nz 

More expensive though.

More expensive - but with more protection and fully featured!   :)

11 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Oh! That's awesome. I wasn't aware. :thumbup:

Thanks - We're quite proud of them!   :D

11 hours ago, Unventor said:

Hahaha so now you just have to own one maybe two.

It's cheaper to ship them two at a time...   :thumbup:  

And then you can dress your wheel to match what you're wearing too!   :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

And then you can dress your wheel to match what you're wearing too!   :facepalm:

@The Fat Unicyclist Any plan for gotway msx? :)

2 hours ago, gena said:

@The Fat Unicyclist Any plan for gotway msx? :)

We would love to provide tailored EUC Bodyguards for all models... The challenge that we have first is to source a wheel to use for "fitting"!

As we are able to expand our range we will be letting everyone know - and yes, that will hopefully include a selection of the Gotway wheels (including the MSX).

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Where can I see photos? 

23 hours ago, Unventor said:

The range you talk about I think a KS18L might suffice, but but but...consider cost of added possibility I would maybe look at KS18XL if extra cost isn't major issue

In some cases, what is "possible" is a higher-risk basis for a choice than is "probable". ;)👍

Edited by Lutalo
On 2/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, Lutalo said:

Perhaps the the V10F, but it I find it very doubtful anyone is going to sell an XL for a Nicola.

Geez! Since buying the XL I have become such a snob:P

See ! I told you! , You made fun of me earlier. It won’t be long before you are drinking that fine wine with caviar. You have a taste for the finer things. Be careful or that nose will be stuck in the air and you won’t see the speed bumps. :D

I own the V10F and love the smoothness of the ride and the range is generally adequate for what I do (no commuting, just goofing off). The app, firmware and water issues are irritating but haven't killed my enjoyment of the riding experience. I did order (from ewheels) the kingsong 18XL because I do almost use the entire range on the V10F - approx. 28-30 miles per charge(I'm 195 lbs and usually ride at 22 mph). At this point I'd be leery of buying the V10f (assuming you can find one). I just noticed that Ewheeels is no longer selling the V10F  which does not bode well.  I think if they wouldn't have rushed to be the first out with their new wheel, they would have had a top of line winner.

Edited by Lueksparky
Misinformation
2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

See ! I told you! , You made fun of me earlier. It won’t be long before you are drinking that fine wine with caviar. You have a taste for the finer things. Be careful or that nose will be stuck in the air and you won’t see the speed bumps. :D

I know right :D. It's terrible. I had to stop on that one and take due notice of wheel snobbery at work :D

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Even better there are videos. On YouTube and photos on www.roll.nz 😃

https://www.roll.nz/int/store/31-50-euc-bodyguard-for-ks-18l-and-ks-18xl.html#/55-colour_combination-black_red

euc-bodyguard-for-ks-18l-and-ks-18xl.jpg

I have a Mr. H. Ford colour (aka black)  incoming...when customs and postal service get back from lunch.

They had "out for lunch" - sign up since 20/2, I am anything but impressed with local postal service in Sweden 🙄

That is very nice. I will have to order some.

4 hours ago, Lutalo said:

That is very nice. I will have to order some.

Thanks!   :)

Just don't choose black-on-black (like everyone else)... the blue or red highlight really pops - just like in the photo posted above. It looks awesome in real life!

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Thanks!   :)

Just don't choose black-on-black (like everyone else)... the blue or red highlight really pops - just like in the photo posted above. It looks awesome in real life!

My eyes went directly to the red and the blue; mostly the red. I love red. :D

The green and black looks awesome to me. I love that scheme, like on Kawasaki motorcycles.  I only wish I had an 18XL to put it on!  I just ordered a 'boring' inmotion one for my glide 3 it turns out.

Hello friends HAPPY NEWS FROM TURKEY 😍😍😍
Kingsong ks18L model loaded new application. Then inmotion v10f and ks18xl gyro sensitivity was the same. İ have both v10f and ks18xl. And Ks18xl is the best on the world now.

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

For the good of the entire EUC community @Marty Backe would be more than happy to loan you all of his wheels to speed up the fitting process.;)

I have a feeling your business is going to grow!:cheers:

47256235261_834b5b0425_b.jpg

He can stop by my house anytime and measure the wheels :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

For the good of the entire EUC community @Marty Backe would be more than happy to loan you all of his wheels to speed up the fitting process.;)

I have a feeling your business is going to grow!:cheers:

47256235261_834b5b0425_b.jpg

:roflmao:

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

He can stop by my house anytime and measure the wheels :thumbup:

Thanks… Can I stay for dinner too?   :D

If @Marty Backe were to transport all his wheels he would need a 

Maersk-Madrid-1.jpg

Or

vsd68.jpg

Next year he will need a 

latest?cb=20130221005853 

Well I need to get a second wheel. So I am waiting for more info on KS16X. Sad the Z10 has those mainboard and battery drain issues, and bad aftersales support from 9B and still no EU release. At the moment I am leaning towards a KS18XL.

Edited by Unventor