Tips for Tesla

Hello electric users!

n00b here! :)

After i have watching many reviews and clips on youtube (especially thanks to @Jediah Matthew and @Marty Backe), i have decided to buy a new Gotway Tesla.

Soon i will have the euc, and i want to know a few things:
 - i must to make some settings to work properly?
 - also i want to buy some spare tire and tubes, maybe better than stock tire, to avoid punctures/flat tire.
So, i found this on aliexpress: CTS tire 16 x 2.125 and this one. Any recommendations?

If you have any advices, tips and trick, please feel free to share with me.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Thank you!

I don't own a tesla but I have seen others say that the tesla's shell is somewhat more fragile than king song's shells and such.

Point being, if you don't already own a beater wheel that you learned on/if you haven't already learned how to ride somewhat decently on a friend's EUC or something of the like,  (ie: this will be your first time attempting to learn) then make sure you purchase padding and pad the wheel up well for the learning stage (search baby bumper foam on amazon or something).

Getting a shiny new EUC and destroying it's looks or cracking it in the first couple hours, while par for the course when learning for the first time on a new wheel, is nevertheless disheartening.  So padding or buy a real cheap beater wheel (if you can afford it) to get the dynamics down then go to tesla.  Others have tried learning on soft ground like grass too so that may help.

I highly recommend beater wheels as they are great for learning new techniques and training friends and SO's without putting your pride and joy at risk.

Have fun.

Oh also helmet and wrist guards if you don't have them.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past a seller on ebay or some of these sites to actually ship a tire that was damaged with a nail or screw in it and then when you complain or ask for a return say "I sent you the tire as advertised" lol

like those ebay sales where they say:

for sale:  xbox box

1 hour ago, ElectriQ User said:

Hello electric users!

n00b here! :)

After i have watching many reviews and clips on youtube (especially thanks to @Jediah Matthew and @Marty Backe), i have decided to buy a new Gotway Tesla.

Soon i will have the euc, and i want to know a few things:
 - i must to make some settings to work properly?
 - also i want to buy some spare tire and tubes, maybe better than stock tire, to avoid punctures/flat tire.
So, i found this on aliexpress: CTS tire 16 x 2.125 and this one. Any recommendations?

If you have any advices, tips and trick, please feel free to share with me.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Thank you!

I really wouldn't bother going to the trouble of getting another tire. Flat's aren't that common and can usually be fixed with a product like Slime, which I recommend.

I would recommend buying one or two extra inner tubes in case you do get a flat that Slime is not able to fix.

Out of all the wheels that I have, over the past few years, I've only had to replace two inner tubes.

Or if you are a belt&suspenders kind of guy, you could add a protective sleeve between the inside of the tire and the inner tube after adding slime to your tube. The sleeve is easy to add and on some wheels doesn't even require removing the shell to put it in. I live in thorn country and added sleeves to all my bicycle tires and plan on doing to the same to my EUCs.

@ElectriQ User, doing great!

I would either get rid of the leash, or make it a lot longer one. Especially when you practice, you need your whole body to balance, counter-balance, and to just shake and woosh in the air. A leash that tight prevents most of your available body movement.

The inner tube you linked earlier will most likely not fit. Almost or all EUCs require an inner tube with a bent valve.

Archived