Jump to content
Jack Frost

eWheels Fast Charger Broken

Recommended Posts

Has anyone had issues with the ewheels fast charger.

My charger stopped working today, its stuck at 74.6volts and wont go any higher, anyone else had issues with it?

 

@Marty Backemade a video on it here:

 

Edited by Jack Frost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

Has anyone had issues with the ewheels fast charger.

My charger stopped working today, its stuck at 74.6volts and wont go any higher, anyone else had issues with it?

 

@Marty Backemade a video on it here:

 

My charger did fail but I was able to repair it. I suspect yours has failed for a different reason

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My charger did fail but I was able to repair it. I suspect yours has failed for a different reason

 

My friend and I opened it up but my chargers layout is a tad different. And didnt find anything that had burned. (besides some heat wear and tear) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 7:32 PM, Jack Frost said:

My charger stopped working today, its stuck at 74.6volts and wont go any higher

If,

after riding your 74.6 volts (charge level) euc for awhile, 

the charger starts to recharge (from less than 74.6 volts) the battery but stops at about 74.6 volts

then

you probably have a bad cell(s) in your 84 volt max battery pack 

and

..the  ---- charger is working properly.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I had a chance to check out my 84V eWheels charger yesterday. If you want to check if the charger is broken or the battery pack is the culprit, just disconnect the charger from the wheel and see what voltage it shows. It should ramp up to the maximum output voltage of some 84.x V. If it does, the charger is very likely totally fine and it's the battery pack that has a problem as @Bob Eisenman had described above. 

 

Edited by MacPara
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My charger just stopped working, 84v. When it’s turned on, it caps out at 75.1 volts. And it occasionally blinks the light red and then goes back to green. This is a sign of a faulty charger, correct? I tried charging both my monster and acm and it stopped at 75volts on both. And I don’t think either wheel has bad cells. 

Oh wait, as I’m typing this, the idle voltage of the charger is going up and down. Something is definitely up. I’ll see if anything looks bad inside, and then contact Jason.

Update: My board layout is a bit different than Marty’s, my fuse is oriented differently and that component is either absent or relocated somewhere else. Nothing looks burnt or broken. 

Edited by Nick McCutcheon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

My charger just stopped working, 84v. When it’s turned on, it caps out at 75.1 volts. And it occasionally blinks the light red and then goes back to green. This is a sign of a faulty charger, correct? I tried charging both my monster and acm and it stopped at 75volts on both. And I don’t think either wheel has bad cells. 

Oh wait, as I’m typing this, the idle voltage of the charger is going up and down. Something is definitely up. I’ll see if anything looks bad inside, and then contact Jason.

Update: My board layout is a bit different than Marty’s, my fuse is oriented differently and that component is either absent or relocated somewhere else. Nothing looks burnt or broken. 

Yeah, my failure was the catastrophic type. Yours and others symptoms are of the type that is probably not user fixable. Hopefully there's more than a 30-day warranty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

tried charging both my monster and acm 

The original stock charger will full charge each EUC if no bad cells exist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The original stock charger will full charge each EUC if no bad cells exist.

Yep, I’m charging the monster with no issues right now using the stock charger. And I would be surprised if both wheels don’t reach 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a similar charger from Luna Cycles 84 V I have a XT60 plug on the wheels side and have cut all my standard charger leads to fit this style of plug so use for my MSX and V10F ,still have old chargers for travel

PS mine is for OZ voltage 

IMG_20190315_175853.jpg

IMG_20190315_175938.jpg

Edited by Gaz Bon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

If,

after riding your 74.6 volts (charge level) euc for awhile, 

the charger starts to recharge (from less than 74.6 volts) the battery but stops at about 74.6 volts

then

you probably have a bad cell(s) in your 84 volt max battery pack 

and

..the fast charger is working properly.

that definitely isnt true. the chargers output should be 84v, i used my friends charger and it worked fine (also from ewheels). nothing wrong with my batteries.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update, I received a replacement fast charger from eWheels yesterday and it works great! They had me send back my broken one, presumably to troubleshoot/fix the issue in the next iteration. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

nothing wrong with my batteries

So .... what ever happened to your stock charger , the slow charging one that would have charged your battery to 84 volts, or did your fast charger ship as the only charger to use?

Edited by Bob Eisenman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×