hello from new euc owner

eucinsea

Hello All  - I have been thinking about getting a EUC for a year or so now and finally decided to get one and join the forum vs lurking. I went with a Solowheel Glide 3 and ordered it last week from ewheels,it arrived today. It is currently charging while I am watching various "how to get started" type videos. :D 

Can't wait to get going on it around Seattle.

It seems the Solowheel app is now defunct but the new Inmotion app works. I will try that out later.

Welcome and congrats!

1)  first week, feet hurt. ( it gets much easier)

2)  15 minutes a day and you will learn. 

3)  look forward not down. 

4)  foot position makes a difference. 

5)  protect the ankles and shins. They get hit during the learning period. Wear wrist guards and helmet. 

6) :thumbup::popcorn:

50 minutes ago, prasket said:

Hello All  - I have been thinking about getting a EUC for a year or so now and finally decided to get one and join the forum vs lurking. I went with a Solowheel Glide 3 and ordered it last week from ewheels,it arrived today. It is currently charging while I am watching various "how to get started" type videos. :D 

Can't wait to get going on it around Seattle.

It seems the Solowheel app is now defunct but the new Inmotion app works. I will try that out later.

Welcome. Congrats. Wear protection. 

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Practiced a little bit in the house just standing on it and getting used to how it feels. Last night went down to the parking garage with my partner and tried out going while holding onto someone while moving. She said It seemed like I started to get the hang of it at the end it seemed. Hoping for some more practice tonight!

@kasenutty That sound cool, Anymore info on Seattle group? I saw something about Facebook groups for EUC and such but I am not on Facebook.

2 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I’m not on Facebook either. I went to one meetup but it was mostly electric skateboarders. I had a great time though. Are you in the city?

Ahh right on, how did you find that one? I am, over in Belltown right now.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:44 PM, RockyTop said:

Welcome and congrats!

5)  protect the ankles and shins. They get hit during the learning period. Wear wrist guards and helmet. 

You aren't kidding. I was wearing low top sneakers first 30 min. My ankles got so banged up, wearing my hiking boots with padded ankles for now. :D

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, RockyTop said:

Welcome and congrats!

1)  first week, feet hurt. ( it gets much easier)

2)  15 minutes a day and you will learn. 

3)  look forward not down. 

4)  foot position makes a difference. 

6) :thumbup::popcorn:

7) Have a beer before a session - JUST ONE - it really will help you relax (and that does make a difference)!

Hey! My name!
Welcome to the community Initiate!

I don't maintain the calendar [http://tinyurl.com/SeattleEventsCalendar] right now as it is cold, wet, and generally dark most afternoons, but once spring comes in full force I'll be posting new events. Sadly, I was hoping that the calendar would essentially work it's way into the hands of event planners and be a community tool but no one is playing ball. I'm still the only one that uses it. I'd connect to a few local people directly to have better communications while the seasons are still in rotation.

Additionally, since I have only my Mten3 now, I am not able to go on most rides as they are usually about 15 mile rides. My Mten3 doesn't have the range of the more common larger wheels the locals are using.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya @Esper, thanks I will bookmark that cal and keep an eye on it.

I would also like to connect with locals, I just posted in the latest Seattle thread under "Local Group Meetups" saying hello and the same pretty much. :D

I live in the Belltown hood of Seattle, just to throw that out there.

Archived