Electric Wheel Grand Prix [EUC Race] - Oakland, CA

Kai Sosceles

Mario Kart style EUC racing on a secret location track in Oakland, CA.

Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.

Racer registration opens this Friday, March 1st. Limit 20 racers to enter so set your alarms. It's gonna be a fun one. 1f642.png

Details at: www.electricwheelgrandprix.com

Join the FB Event

52676605_2100045680079714_63906006943483

a:-)

aasdfasdf

Check 

Looks interesting, though if I may make one point, for your safety requirements maybe a full-face helmet should be required instead of just a regular helmet being considered fine.  A regular helmet might be fine at slow speeds but....when racing...with obstacles...and all the other things mentioned.

Especially if media is going to be there, 4k footage of a race where someone goes down and breaks their jaw/loses teeth isn't exactly the best thing for the image of EUCs being safe forms of transport fit for sidewalks and bike Lanes. 

Not to be a Debbie Downer, and I know bikes have all sorts of issues themselves but given the newness of EUCs any bad press is best avoided.

luckily I imagine anyone who would enter this probably will have a full face helmet anyways but still...

Good luck with the event

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Kai Sosceles for organizing this event up here in the Bay Area. Many of our regular riders are looking forward to participating, including myself!

I agree all riders engaged in activity like this should be wearing full-face helmets. All of the entrants I know — in fact, all regular members of our riding group up here — wear full-face helmets and I would expect them to for this race. Personally, you can bet I will be completely geared up. I also acknowledge the risks inherent in this activity, including the potential for injury. 

We'll be sure to have some fun with this event, including lots of video coverage and hopefully a livestream! We'll schedule some group rides too around this event, hoping West Coast riders can make it out for a weekend full of EUC!

Archived