I just ordered a KS 18xl

kasenutty

1 hour ago, tessa25 said:

This link actually doesn't discuss unlocking to the full 50+kmh speed limit of the wheel if you're on an iphone? I'm pretty sure you just need to ride until it eventually let's you? I too thought it was 200km though?

I'll give it a try later, @Unventor , thanks for the tips. I've been floating around 40 for a while now, and I definitely understand the speed concerns, this isn't so much about going 50 km as it is about finishing the break in period of my new wheel by unlocking all the capabilities. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Oh, well that oughta do it :P

Perhaps you could put your wheel on some rollers overnight, although that does seems like a huge waste of energy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

LOL, I got it unlocked. I neglected to scroll down and set warping speed higher than 40 last night :lol:

Glad to hear you got it unlocked 😁

Have fun “Warping” ........ 😜😎😁

Edited by Master Blaster
  • Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
8 hours ago, kasenutty said:

LOL, I got it unlocked. I neglected to scroll down and set warping speed higher than 40 last night :lol:

Wow, that must be amazing to unlock the wheel to its greater speeds, that might come handy at some situations :)

So .. is it after 200km when you can unlock it then?

Very happy with the feel after the initial bullshit with the app. Still not at 50 km/h but feels fine. Almost at 200 km mark. 

I shared a video on the other thread:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NylahTay said:

I got mine last week and have already hit 400km lol, just now realized and set the tiltback to 50kph. Can't wait to try it out during lunch. Thanks to everyone in this thread, it has been very helpful.

So what do you think of ypur wheel so far?

If you set out to test 50kmh, I strongly recomend to test breaking at 10, 20, 30,40 and 50kmh so you get an idea of how far out you need attention radious as you go faster. This is both ground/road conditions and other traffic.

Remember you might need to add reaction time * speed too on top of your controlled breaking distance.

My comfort zone is no further than 40-42 kmh, if I am on open areas and fairly good road conditions and if I know the area. 

Edited by Unventor

@Unventor I've been riding between 35-40kmh regularly now. So It'll be nice on streets that have a 40 or 50kmh limit. I haven't had a crash yet, but I have noticed the breaking time increase, and tend to break early for anything. Try to stay super aware of my surroundings and I don't trust any other vehicle.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@NylahTay just to clarify...

It might seem "why should I bother" comment (on my behalf), my speed is my buisness. Free county and all, considered.

But I only try to share my experience so others don't end up in an accident they could have avoided.

Yes I was had 2 major crashes. The good part is I learned something. I only mean well trying to share this. 

My last crash was due to me not being aware of my speed , going too fast to avoid a skateborder  safely and at the event I ended up with tunnel view focusing on one this, the skater, missing out my surroundings and road conditions that I thought I knew. 4-5weeks after I still have issues with my shoulder, but getting better. Question is if it ever becomes normal again.

Anyway happy riding. 

@Unventor Oh definitely, I wasn't trying to downplay your advice at all, and hope it didn't come across as such. I had a bicycle crash a few years ago due to hitting a small divot in the road. Went completely over the handlebars and my shoulder hasn't been the same since.  I appreciate the caution. I wouldn't ride 40-50 kmh if I didn't have ideal road conditions. Too much at stake here. My life for one. lol Thanks! 

1 hour ago, NylahTay said:

@Unventor Oh definitely, I wasn't trying to downplay your advice at all, and hope it didn't come across as such. I had a bicycle crash a few years ago due to hitting a small divot in the road. Went completely over the handlebars and my shoulder hasn't been the same since.  I appreciate the caution. I wouldn't ride 40-50 kmh if I didn't have ideal road conditions. Too much at stake here. My life for one. lol Thanks! 

It is all fine. Only want to make sure it is an honest advice to think twice with speed. It so easily blinds you to its dangers. So now I feel the reminder each time I shower and wash my hair. Which in its own might be good for me. This is how I start every morning. 

It has slowed me down 5-10kmh in general. I don't want another hit on that shoulder. Also since I got into this rehab program I can now feel how limited my shoulder is dispite I don't feel in most day to day things....and how hard it is to traing it back up. And that was only because I were fully protected at the ride/fall.

My app stated somewhere at 20-25ish kmh to an abrute halt in the history graph. I might have been riding at 35ish, breaking navigating then I hit that curb. That is just touching pedals underside of a KS18L. But as I were turning back it to curb my pedals were lower. I can't imaging taking that fall at double speed and still come out sort of unharmed (no broken bones or head injuries ). My protection is level 2 ce mc class...so please be carefull.

We like to keep you around here to share your advemtures. 😁 

Would be nice to have a female competition to the legendary @Marty Backe and @Rehab1 😎

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

Just now, Rehab1 said:

May I ask what type of competition you have in mind? :confused1:

Awesome videos of people having fun and joy of EUC-riding :popcorn::clap3:

• Like 1

Just now, Unventor said:

Awesome videos of people having fun and joy of EUC-riding :popcorn::clap3:

Oh I can easily participate in that. So no mud wrestling type competition? 

• Like 1

Just now, Rehab1 said:

Oh I can easily participate in that. So no mud wrestling type competition? 

I have heard that mud and EUC is not a great relationship...hard to get any (a)-traction.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I have heard that mud and EUC is not a great relationship...hard to get any (a)-traction.

33927892968_59ae92f79f_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1