I just ordered a KS 18xl

kasenutty

41 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Do you buy the xl from someone?

Nope, got it new. Just being shipped to my friends place. Its kinda complicated, haha. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, seage said:

It was like 7 minutes ago I was watching videos of everyone learning and hoping that eventually I'd be able to finally ride - feeling kinda hopeless. And now this.

I think that happens to all of us.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, seage said:

LOL, honestly, me neither. But this addiction hit me like a wave and I needed more much faster than I had anticipated. I didnt think id become this passionate about anything else in my life. 

Yeah, what is it about these things?  My wife says it seems like I'm obsessed about EUC's now.  Then I read on here and it seems like so is everyone else, LOL!

18 hours ago, Jambo said:

Gun to your head, if you were me which wheel would you buy as an upgrade to a 16S? I realise how subjective this is, just wondering where you lean

Thanks!

Just about impossible to answer, but...

If I was going to sell my 16S, then I'd buy the 16X for sure. If I was going to keep the 16S, I'd buy the XL.

Edited by Marty Backe

2 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Goddamnit just ordered my 18XL :thumbup:

Lmfao! Welcome to the club!! Ayyyy!

I feel like @kasenutty should get royalties from KingSong directly for pretty much directly selling a ton of wheels LOL. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2019 at 5:49 PM, seage said:

Nope, got it new. Just being shipped to my friends place. Its kinda complicated, haha. 

Your family doesn't know you bought another crazy expensive scooter thing, do they? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Planemo said:

dropping in that it would be nice to get another wheel so I could go riding with the kids. The Mrs didn't say anything,

Speaking of timing, I think you dropped that clanger a smidge too early.   She now knows the money wont be spent on the car. I would have waited for her to suggest another wheel for the kids, prompted by some extremely subtle hits from you and not so subtle hints from the kids. 

That silence you witnessed was her biting her tongue in case she said something she would regret later. :facepalm:

But rest assured, you will  hear some version of what was in here mind, sooner or later.:huh:

Good luck with rounding up some funds.  I bet there's a whole lot more stuff you could sell; check your wife's closets ;)

2 hours ago, Olav said:

My XL arrived today! :thumbup:

Took it out for a spin, and I think the original KS-footplates are better than the original GW-footplates on my Tesla!
The XL-plates also arrived today, from Speedyfeet, and goes on tomorrow.

Planning to take it out on a range test on Thursday if weather being as claimed (16°C and just a little bit of wind B) = summer! Almost...)

Happy times! :w00t2:

Congrats! Very jealous. I think the eWheels shipment is sometime in the next couple weeks for mine?

7 hours ago, Olav said:

My XL arrived today! :thumbup:

Took it out for a spin, and I think the original KS-footplates are better than the original GW-footplates on my Tesla!
The XL-plates also arrived today, from Speedyfeet, and goes on tomorrow.

Planning to take it out on a range test on Thursday if weather being as claimed (16°C and just a little bit of wind B) = summer! Almost...)

Happy times! :w00t2:

Also jealous. My XL comes on monday evening. I'll probably pick it up on tuesday in the day. On the upside tho, my brother is taking my 16s, so now i have someone to ride with and can use the 16 whenever I want, haha. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Olav said:

Ok, took it out on a range test. Weather about as mentioned above. Some stats first:

Riding weight: North of 224 lbs/16 st/ 101.6 kg (not saying how far north... :P)
Avg. speed: 20.6 kph
Ride time: almost 3.5 hours
Body: Aching and tired, and wanting me to never do that again :P
My reply to said body: Sc**w you! B)

Ride length: 71.16 km (44.2 miles)
Battery remaining: 39% at standstill (31% a few minutes before getting home, at 15-20 kph)

Ought to be able to get 80 km (49.7 miles) out of it, which happens to be a little bit more than the distanse home to my parents! :w00t2:

Still happy times!

This making me really excited for delivery

Just double checking because I don't want a repeat of my 16s handle breaking twice, with the second time dropping the wheel on my foot that then fractured. Do we have any reports of the 18xl handle breaking? That wheels a bit heavier so I'd expect a full broken foot this time. Just a bit paranoid, lol. My wheel arrives tomorrow. I wish it was here today as I'm going on a 46km group ride in a few hours. Damn. Haha. Perfect way to break it in. 

I put about 1200 miles on my 16s dropped it many times but the handle never had a problem.  The handle seemed really robust.  16s seemed very robust in general.  To me the handle on the 18l is probably close to the same strenght as the 16 but the wheel is heavier and the handle has multiple positions and can be set higher than the 16s so it moves around more.  In my opinion kingsong has the best trolley handle design out there.  Well they have the best euc design.

• Like 1

I also just placed an order for an 18XL. I’m upgrading from V10F mainly because I NEED a bigger battery for longer rides. 

Now there is the 2-3 weeks of painful waiting...

I mostly like to ride on technical trails so I’m really a bit more excited about the 16X. I think it might suit me better. But it takes too long and I’d rather not buy from the first batch this time. And it’s good to have an 18 incher also. It is possible that I will buy the 16X also and then see if I want to keep both. 

How are you guys liking the 18XL on trails?

Guest PogArt Artur
On 2/25/2019 at 5:50 PM, hal2000 said:

Was going to do the same but reconsidered having watched this...

Slightly more expensive but looks like it has a comfortable seat  ; )

I feel like I'm living in the future :)