kasenutty

I just ordered a KS 18xl

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well that depends....

if you are mid air doing a faceplant, I am sure 50kmh on a MSX at that point in time will feel like (too) fast...yet I have not tested this hypothesis.

Nothing more exciting than a flying air faceplant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Well that depends....

if you are mid air doing a faceplant, I am sure 50kmh on a MSX at that point in time will feel like (too) fast...yet I have not tested this hypothesis.

Someone posted a video of a guy on an MSX faceplanting at about 60kph. Without equipment that fall would have surely derailed his EUC hobby for quite some time; maybe permanently. 

For me 50kph is fast as hell. I rarely even get close to it unless I am riding with a crazy ass bunch like DCESK8. They sort of awaken the dragon in me; make me scare myself :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

if you are mid air doing a faceplant

Scary thought. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Rehab1 this is where you post a shooting star video/meme of someone flying off a jump into outer space... Similar to ...

Thanks for causing my epileptic seizure. :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Rehab1 this is where you post a shooting star video/meme of someone flying off a jump into outer space... Similar to ...

What happens when America's Funniest Home Video enthusiasts get their prescription pharms amped? This video. :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well that depends....

Good point. .:shock2:... I am sure that a cut out at those speeds would prove you right. ...

On the other hand,.......  If you make a mistake on the KS16s at 35 km/p you feel the pain before you even know anything went wrong. :angry:  

I have always been able to slowdown and/or negotiate my landing on the MSX. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Good point. .:shock2:... I am sure that a cut out at those speeds would prove you right. ...

On the other hand,.......  If you make a mistake on the KS16s at 35 km/p you feel the pain before you even know anything went wrong. :angry:  

I have always been able to slowdown and/or negotiate my landing on the MSX. :rolleyes:

Blame lower pedel hight ...less air hang time :w00t2:

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Nothing more exciting than a flying air faceplant. 

We have you covered.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Won’t take long and you wil feel the same, just ordered my XL today, :ph34r:

Thats to that other thread, now I understand how yall are hitting those speeds..its so easy and comfortable now...before it was a LOT more work! Usdfjjksfhf. I cant even believe this...but i guess this is my 3rd wheel. I got a 3 in one deal on this wheel. From Insane calibration riding - to soft dipping low to the ground riding. And now i have a sturdy rock of a wheel. What a trip. 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, you don't want to experience your upcoming summer on just a 16S. With your fast improving skills you need to move up to a performance wheel so as to not let the summer slip by in the slow-lane :D

You should have enough time if you get your order in soon :efef77eaf5:

Lmfao! This is why i love and hate this forum. You guys are amazing and hilarious, and also the absolute worst influences my wallet has ever met. Im probably gonna do it soon though... Any of yall need some art done? Im saving for a new wheel LOL. 

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Your development is odd. You have these great fine motor skills; riding on one leg and otherwise tricking with the wheel, but worried about speed. Your need for speed is limited by the wheel you own; that wheel doesn't really feel stable beyond  a certain velocity. However, a performance model continues to feel stable at much higher speeds.

If you get an XL, 40kph feeling kind of mild is soon to follow. Then you will be looking at 50kph. By the time you get to 50; 40 will feel boring unless you are doing it on one leg. :D👍

Lmfao. I actually learned about 10 minutes ago that my wheel was STILL not calibrated properly, even though I thought it was. Smoother showed me the light. I was almost able to ride backwards a few feet while testing it out for the first time... I cant even believe this nonsense. Im going to be able to do backflips on the wheel before i find out there was another calibration error. I think this is why I've been improving in a weird way. Im on SUPER hard mode! Bad cali, only able to practice below walking speeds in my basement, super flat tire, another bad calibration. Then i have to relearn everything everytime I fix it up LOL. My lord..... I was able to grab my phone, my keys for the mailbox. Go down a curb for the first time just now...im so mad and yet so happy...I have 300km on the wheel so far and most of it was with me fighting with the wheel. 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well that depends....

30 - 35 is a cute speed...i like cute things...i dont need to experience human flight without wings anytime soon!

• Like 3

On 3/21/2019 at 12:50 AM, seage said:

Lmfao! This is why i love and hate this forum. You guys are amazing and hilarious, and also the absolute worst influences my wallet has ever met. Im probably gonna do it soon though...

It's like this for many of us...

Before wheels: Anything above 300 is a serious investment. Phone better be <250. VR goggles? Am I King Midas, they're over 500?!

After wheels: 2000€ wheel? Sure, awesome, I'll take two, no big deal:whistling:(wishing it could be three).

• Like 3

On 3/20/2019 at 8:40 PM, LanghamP said:

We have you covered

Flyboard inventor Frank Zapata also rides a King Song :)

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjWWhzQnVRM

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Oh man the open toed sandals give me the fear

We really should be able to take for granted, that during average use, a high-end wheel isn't going to just cut out on you.

I agree though, it makes me flinch just thinking about it.

19 minutes ago, Issah said:

We really should be able to take for granted, that during average use, a high-end wheel isn't going to just cut out on you.

I agree though, it makes me flinch just thinking about it.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a system failure to end up with a sore foot after wearing those!

18 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Doesn't necessarily need to be a system failure to end up with a sore foot after wearing those!

Absolutely true!

On 3/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, LanghamP said:

18 inchers are the perfect racing yachts because they can do everything. Just get an 18xl and be done with it.

Safer, easier to handle at both faster and slower speeds than any 14 incher, stable for bumps,  marginally heavier than the 16s but twice the wheel.

Statements like this make me wonder a lot about that new 16X with same motor battery vs 18XL.  Maybe the 18 is still the way to go anyway.  (Only rode a 16 -- V8 so far, nothing to compare against) But that added bass speaker in the 16x, hmm...

1 hour ago, Blueblade said:

Statements like this make me wonder a lot about that new 16X with same motor battery vs 18XL.  Maybe the 18 is still the way to go anyway.  (Only rode a 16 -- V8 so far, nothing to compare against) But that added bass speaker in the 16x, hmm...

A 16 incher is still small.

Here's what it looks like on a bicycle.