I just ordered a KS 18xl

kasenutty

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well that depends....

if you are mid air doing a faceplant, I am sure 50kmh on a MSX at that point in time will feel like (too) fast...yet I have not tested this hypothesis.

Nothing more exciting than a flying air faceplant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Well that depends....

if you are mid air doing a faceplant, I am sure 50kmh on a MSX at that point in time will feel like (too) fast...yet I have not tested this hypothesis.

Someone posted a video of a guy on an MSX faceplanting at about 60kph. Without equipment that fall would have surely derailed his EUC hobby for quite some time; maybe permanently. 

For me 50kph is fast as hell. I rarely even get close to it unless I am riding with a crazy ass bunch like DCESK8. They sort of awaken the dragon in me; make me scare myself :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Rehab1 this is where you post a shooting star video/meme of someone flying off a jump into outer space... Similar to ...

Thanks for causing my epileptic seizure. :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Rehab1 this is where you post a shooting star video/meme of someone flying off a jump into outer space... Similar to ...

What happens when America's Funniest Home Video enthusiasts get their prescription pharms amped? This video. :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well that depends....

Good point. .:shock2:... I am sure that a cut out at those speeds would prove you right. ...

On the other hand,.......  If you make a mistake on the KS16s at 35 km/p you feel the pain before you even know anything went wrong. :angry:  

I have always been able to slowdown and/or negotiate my landing on the MSX. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Good point. .:shock2:... I am sure that a cut out at those speeds would prove you right. ...

On the other hand,.......  If you make a mistake on the KS16s at 35 km/p you feel the pain before you even know anything went wrong. :angry:  

I have always been able to slowdown and/or negotiate my landing on the MSX. :rolleyes:

Blame lower pedel hight ...less air hang time :w00t2:

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Oh man the open toed sandals give me the fear

We really should be able to take for granted, that during average use, a high-end wheel isn't going to just cut out on you.

I agree though, it makes me flinch just thinking about it.

19 minutes ago, Issah said:

We really should be able to take for granted, that during average use, a high-end wheel isn't going to just cut out on you.

I agree though, it makes me flinch just thinking about it.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a system failure to end up with a sore foot after wearing those!

On 3/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, LanghamP said:

18 inchers are the perfect racing yachts because they can do everything. Just get an 18xl and be done with it.

Safer, easier to handle at both faster and slower speeds than any 14 incher, stable for bumps,  marginally heavier than the 16s but twice the wheel.

Statements like this make me wonder a lot about that new 16X with same motor battery vs 18XL.  Maybe the 18 is still the way to go anyway.  (Only rode a 16 -- V8 so far, nothing to compare against) But that added bass speaker in the 16x, hmm...

1 hour ago, Blueblade said:

Statements like this make me wonder a lot about that new 16X with same motor battery vs 18XL.  Maybe the 18 is still the way to go anyway.  (Only rode a 16 -- V8 so far, nothing to compare against) But that added bass speaker in the 16x, hmm...

A 16 incher is still small.

Here's what it looks like on a bicycle.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, Blueblade said:

I think the tesla is 16 too, and goes as fast as the 16X from what I saw? (I could be wrong on my facts here!). Doesnt have that battery capacity, but you know.

Personally, im enjoying this 16 inch wheel, but i finally went on a group ride, and i saw everyone with their 18 inch wheels. First off, they were miles ahead of us almost immediately. Except for the dude on the tesla, he was ridiculously fast too, so he was up there too, lmao. And the bumps i was feeling like mad, they just drove through my entire body. And riding downtown, there was nothing but holes, lmao. It was crazy. Made my little suburb country city feel like a smooth ass, maintained formula1 race track. They pushed me to my limits and the limits of the wheel, and i felt very comfortable going as fast as it could take me by the end of the day, but i could just see it. The advantages of that bigger wheel. Coming from riding only BMX's, then switching to road biking, i imagine its a similar thing. Your wheel reacts much differently when its smaller. So im thinking, even with more power and much more speed on the 16, i think in terms of comfort, you may not get the same level as on the 18. But hey, what do i know? Im a beginner! LOL. 

I'm now convinced in getting the 18XL. Im gonna see if i can try my friends this week. Then gonna probably bite the bullet XD. 

Edited by seage
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

IMO the 16-inch form factor is the best general purpose wheel.

{...}

The 18-inch wheels are great for going straight but I'd much rather have a wheel like the 16X for trail riding or navigating the suburban landscape.

That is *exactly* the sort of opinion I was wanting to hear about personally, from someone who has tried many (I think you qualify!) Thanks Marty, I believe you convinced me towards a 16X for wheel #2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

That is *exactly* the sort of opinion I was wanting to hear about personally, from someone who has tried many (I think you qualify!) Thanks Marty, I believe you convinced me towards a 16X for wheel #2.

What's wheel #1 for you Blue? 

Wheel #1 is Solowheel glide 3... a bit worried about it, after all the stories of cutouts etc on here-- I am about 245 lbs all suited up.

No issues so far, but I've been very conservative with accelleration and top speeds after learning the 260lb mfr rating was a bit of a stretch.  It has taught me to ride and made me realize I enjoy this, and do want to continue this hobby, and hopefully will also teach my son and or wife to ride too, so I dont regret getting it. It would be a great wheel for my 135 lb son for a while once he learns, too.

I want to heed the advice of many on here and get closer to that 1600wh safety margin.

Edited by Blueblade
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blueblade said:

Wheel #1 is Solowheel glide 3... a bit worried about it, after all the stories of cutouts etc on here-- I am about 245 lbs all suited up.

No issues so far, but I've been very conservative with accelleration and top speeds after learning the 260lb mfr rating was a bit of a stretch.  It has taught me to ride and made me realize I enjoy this, and do want to continue this hobby, and hopefully will also teach my son and or wife to ride too, so I dont regret getting it. It would be a great wheel for my 135 lb son for a while once he learns, too.

I want to heed the advice of many on here and get closer to that 1600wh safety margin.

I'm a big boy too, so I feel your concerns. My evolution went Kingsong 14c - 16s -18xl. I haven't had any success with my two teenagers or my wife. None are interested in wheeling, but they are all very lame and I wish you better luck with yours :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

IMO the 16-inch form factor is the best general purpose wheel. If you have a very powerful one (like the Tesla or ACM2) you can do anything with it. I'm excited about the 16X because it's the first wheel from KingSong that can match the ACM2, yet be better because of the wide tire and disco lights (which I like). And the KingSong trolley handles are the best.

The 18-inch wheels are great for going straight but I'd much rather have a wheel like the 16X for trail riding or navigating the suburban landscape.

And just like that, my plans are thrown into the ceiling fan, lmfao. I guess i'll take a step back and wait and see whats up. Ive seen people maneuver these 18 inch wheels like toys before. 

I guess im stuck between what to do, because obviously i'm on a 16 inch right now. Just a lot slower than the 3 you named off. So i figured, okay, upgrade to a larger wheel, that makes sense! Im travelling from the suburbs to the train then city riding, then back. From the research i did, the 18 seemed good. To eat up those potholes and safely keep me at a good speed. But now with these new wheels, im back at square one again.... :efee8c29ce: 

• Like 1