I just ordered a KS 18xl

kasenutty

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

The weather has been great and I rolled over 100 km last night. The wheel is a big improvement on the 16s I was riding, for sure. It feels like you're riding a tree trunk down the street, so solid. Also, the extra battery means I'm not charging or checking the charge all that often, just charging like once a week or less and then riding a whole bunch. I can't wait to work some longer rides in as the weather continues to improve. I love the thing. 

If you are near DC, I have some doozies planned.

Unfortunately, not near DC, but my wife is licensed to practice law in DC as well as Seattle, so you never know, we might move out there some day :D What ever happened to @kour by the way? I haven't seen him on here lately. I liked his videos. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 3:30 PM, Jonesq said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Went from a V8 to 18XL and the transition was super easy. It feels every bit as nimble as the 16" but it's not as twitchy, which I think is a good thing. The turning radius feels tighter than my 16" wheel as well due to the pedal height. The 18XL is AMAZING. I thought I'd want to keep my V8 for purposes of having a lighter wheel but I don't see myself ever riding the V8 again. The hype is real!

I am in same boat too. Only I went from V8 to KS18L. I just came home from work and light shopping. 15km joyride.

Yesterday I did like 30km first spring day ride.

I sold my V8 as spareparts, though ridable, it needed shell/inner structure repair.

Now I am set to buy a KS16X as I found I do need a 2nd wheel. I were leaning to get a KS18XL but I find the initial info/video of KS16X to be of more interest to me especially if KS decide to make a seat.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 8:25 PM, Jambo said:

Just took my 16S out for a ride and the more comfortable I get at top speed the more I realise i'm going to need to upgrade. I'm pretty much pushing the beeps non-stop on my 16 now

Time for an XL, dude. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

I am in same boat too. Only I went from V8 to KS18L. I just came home from work and light shopping. 15km joyride.

Yesterday I did like 30km first spring day ride.

I sold my V8 as spareparts, though ridable, it needed shell/inner structure repair.

Now I am set to buy a KS16X as I found I do need a 2nd wheel. I were leaning to get a KS18XL but I find the initial info/video of KS16X to be of more interest to me especially if KS decide to make a seat.

Nice move. :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Time for an XL, dude. 

Yall are crazy. I hit 31kmph yesterday for the first time, and that was insanely fast. I thought i was gonna die if my wheel even noticed a crack in the road. And yall are talking about 40+ speeds. How? LOL. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, seage said:

Yall are crazy. I hit 31kmph yesterday for the first time, and that was insanely fast. I thought i was gonna die if my wheel even noticed a crack in the road. And yall are talking about 40+ speeds. How? LOL. 

Won’t take long and you wil feel the same, just ordered my XL today, :ph34r:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Won’t take long and you wil feel the same, just ordered my XL today, :ph34r:

Not you too! LOL. 

Btw, when riding that fast, on the 16, do you do a mix of speeding up and slowing down while avoiding any obstacles, or do you just floor it and ride through anything? 

4 minutes ago, seage said:

Not you too! LOL. 

Btw, when riding that fast, on the 16, do you do a mix of speeding up and slowing down while avoiding any obstacles, or do you just floor it and ride through anything? 

Yep i do a mix, but i need more speed, :D

I have the KS16C with max speed of 30kph, and nothing is more annoying then being taken over by a bicycle :w00t2:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

nothing is more annoying then being taken over by a bicycle :w00t2:

I was ridding my KS 14s and I'd pass a bicycle, he'd catch up ask a question then burst ahead. Then I'd slowly catch back up, he'd ask another question then burst ahead. At least I wasn't huffing and puffing after the 3rd or 4th time 😁

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

I was ridding my KS 14s and I'd pass a bicycle, he'd catch up ask a question then burst ahead. Then I'd slowly catch back up, he'd ask another question then burst ahead. At least I wasn't huffing and puffing after the 3rd or 4th time 😁

I were ride behind a bicycle today waiting for a good moment to pass. The cycle path had a curve you can't see around going gairly steep uphill meeting a Y-fork. She knew I were slowing and follow like 30 meters u til I could see past her then I "rushed" uphill at 90% acceleration and past her. It just seemed like she parked her bicycle😁

I can't describe how big fat smile I had in my FF MC helmet. I just love that hill.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

I then bought the 18XL..... Now I'm playing the same game with cars.... :thumbup:

LOL!!

17 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Right. At this point, in a time trial, bike-seage could destroy euc-seage. But not for a maintained period of time. Id have to sprint away a good like light year ahead. No matter what, id catch myself on my EUC and pass the worn out, dead bike me. Or if there were any hills, lol...RIP Bike-seage-sama... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

You don't really go much faster on an 18 incher, but you average much faster because it's friendlier over places where your KS16S is slow

I couldn't say it better. I had a hard time explaining the speed increase. It's a more subtle increase than you'd think, and it's not like you can just go full speed everywhere all of a sudden, but you cover more miles much faster. You spend less time slowing down for little stuff, the average speed is way higher than on my 16s, but it's not like I'm so much faster all the time. I'm just slowing down for stuff a little less and that kicks the average speed up. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, you don't want to experience your upcoming summer on just a 16S. With your fast improving skills you need to move up to a performance wheel so as to not let the summer slip by in the slow-lane :D

You should have enough time if you get your order in soon :efef77eaf5:

That’s why i placed my order today ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

If you get an XL, 40kph feeling kind of mild is soon to follow. Then you will be looking at 50kph. By the time you get to 50; 40 will feel boring unless you are doing it on one leg. :D👍

Or doing it @Lutalo -style

Headstand on half extended trolley going backwards. Only reason we have not seen this trick yet posted here is he is perfecting it with full extended trolley. He can't have a tricknamed as doing a half-@Lutalo reversed.🙄😲

Next stage is to smuggle the EUC on an airplane and doing it (the @lutalo "EUC" trick) at 10k mile high.😎😁

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Your development is odd. You have these great fine motor skills; riding on one leg and otherwise tricking with the wheel, but worried about speed. Your need for speed is limited by the wheel you own; that wheel doesn't really feel stable beyond  a certain velocity. However, a performance model continues to feel stable at much higher speeds.

If you get an XL, 40kph feeling kind of mild is soon to follow. Then you will be looking at 50kph. By the time you get to 50; 40 will feel boring unless you are doing it on one leg. :D👍

Yep!.. 35 km/h is fast on a KS16 :w00t2:and 50 Km/p is slow on a MSX :sleep1:

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Unfortunately, not near DC, but my wife is licensed to practice law in DC as well as Seattle, so you never know, we might move out there some day :D What ever happened to @kour by the way? I haven't seen him on here lately. I liked his videos. 

Not sure. Probably busy. Hopefully, he will turn up at one our DC Glydiator events. Don't believe I saw him at the event on Sunday with DCesk8; bit then there was like 50 people on that ride.

Be great if you and your wife get to move to the city. We have a lot of fun here :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Exactly. :laughbounce2:

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Or doing it @Lutalo -style

Headstand on half extended trolley going backwards. Only reason we have not seen this trick yet posted here is he is perfecting it with full extended trolley. He can't have a tricknamed as doing a half-@Lutalo reversed.🙄😲

Next stage is to smuggle the EUC on an airplane and doing it (the @lutalo "EUC" trick) at 10k mile high.😎😁

I have moved well beyond such amateurish stunts. I am currently perfecting the secret of EUC flight. Stay tuned. :D👍

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Well that depends....

if you are mid air doing a faceplant, I am sure 50kmh on a MSX at that point in time will feel like (too) fast...yet I have not tested this hypothesis.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3