I just ordered a KS 18xl

kasenutty

It doesn't seem that much heavier than my 16s and I can ride it normally right away. I was a little apprehensive after hearing that it was such a big adjustment to go to an 18 inch wheel, but it wasn't for me. I see you can lean your turns if you want but I was able to feet steer just fine too. I can't wait to get some miles on it, but the weather sucks right now. Looking better for the weekend :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

It doesn't seem that much heavier than my 16s and I can ride it normally right away. I was a little apprehensive after hearing that it was such a big adjustment to go to an 18 inch wheel, but it wasn't for me. I see you can lean your turns if you want but I was able to feet steer just fine too. I can't wait to get some miles on it, but the weather sucks right now. Looking better for the weekend :D

I'm in the same boat as you. Went from a V8 to 18XL and the transition was super easy. It feels every bit as nimble as the 16" but it's not as twitchy, which I think is a good thing. The turning radius feels tighter than my 16" wheel as well due to the pedal height. The 18XL is AMAZING. I thought I'd want to keep my V8 for purposes of having a lighter wheel but I don't see myself ever riding the V8 again. The hype is real!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

My 18XL arrived yesterday and I only got to put 3 miles on it before it started raining here, too. Fingers crossed for great weekend weather!

1 hour ago, Jonesq said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Went from a V8 to 18XL and the transition was super easy. It feels every bit as nimble as the 16" but it's not as twitchy, which I think is a good thing. The turning radius feels tighter than my 16" wheel as well due to the pedal height. The 18XL is AMAZING. I thought I'd want to keep my V8 for purposes of having a lighter wheel but I don't see myself ever riding the V8 again. The hype is real!

As of yesterday, I’m also in transition from an InMotion V8 to my new18XL. And so far, I love it! I haven’t gotten to ride it a ton yet, but it definitely wasn’t hard to get used to. And it’s much smoother. Like you, I’m not sure how much I’ll ride my V8 now, but I’ve started helping a friend learn how to ride that one — and I think I might keep the V8 around for the days when someone asks, “hey! Can I try that?”.

3 hours ago, kasenutty said:

18 inchers are the perfect racing yachts because they can do everything. Just get an 18xl and be done with it.

Safer, easier to handle at both faster and slower speeds than any 14 incher, stable for bumps,  marginally heavier than the 16s but twice the wheel.

I'm sure you'll love your xl.

• Like 2

Where is everyone getting their XLs from? I know eWheels isn't getting another shipment for 2 months.

I want to continue to support Jason there as he is a member of the community and I bought by 16S from him, but i'm also so impatient haha

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Where is everyone getting their XLs from? I know eWheels isn't getting another shipment for 2 months.

I want to continue to support Jason there as he is a member of the community and I bought by 16S from him, but i'm also so impatient haha

Buying EUCs is often a waiting game. Comes with the territory unfortunately. Very few of my wheel purchases ever satisfied my instant gratification urge.

Once you own a few wheels that does help to keep you occupied :D

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

We're about 3 weeks before reaching the next shipment into port, or four weeks to shipping them out to Customers.  

Ah ok sorry for the misinformation! 

Might be adding my order shortly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I got mine from EWheels. I got lucky and managed to snag a white XL on March 1. It was delivered on the 11th. I called Jason to ask about available stock since it was showing as backordered on the site and he was able to hook it up! Jason is the man!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jonesq said:

That's nice to hear.  I'm another V8 [noob] rider looking forward to (ok more dreaming about right now) getting an 18XL someday, and was wondering how much of an adjustment it would be when the time comes.  I've still got plenty of learning (and saving!) to do for now though with my V8...

Of course now I just want it more after reading all of this!

Yo, i hate you guys LOL. I havent even gotten 200km on my 16s, and i'm already dreaming of the 18XL. Im gonna stop all this drooling and keep riding my wheel for a good 1000km or something ridiculous...maybe.....stoppp! 

Although I will say, im happy I didn't get the 18 first, considering the air my 16s got on falls while learning. Id rather already know how to ride so I can really appreciate the upgrade in the future, haha!

Got mine from eWheels, of course. Buying from Jason is a no-brainer to me. He is improving the wheels over their stock configuration, i.e. larger pedals,, diodes in GW charge ports, etc., and if there's anything wrong with it, it will get fixed. 
You'd probably need under 5 minutes to get "adjusted" to the new wheel from the V8.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Got mine over the weekend and I'm in love. I can go over potholes and railroad tracks all day at some serious speed. And the battery.... 🤤. I love the protective cover also, the blue really pops in the sun. And the fact that the wheel is concealed makes others that much more interested.

It's funny that you say that... I get a lot more interest when I have my EUC Bodyguard on than when I don't.

• Like 1

The weather has been great and I rolled over 100 km last night. The wheel is a big improvement on the 16s I was riding, for sure. It feels like you're riding a tree trunk down the street, so solid. Also, the extra battery means I'm not charging or checking the charge all that often, just charging like once a week or less and then riding a whole bunch. I can't wait to work some longer rides in as the weather continues to improve. I love the thing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I charged it up to about 97% initially and that's it, and I'm a big dude I weigh between 215-230 depending on the time of the year. It wasn't a 100 km ride, it was 100 km worth of smaller rides.  I meant I rolled over the 100 km mark on my imaginary odometer, hahahahahah! You thought I had a 100 km Meep-Ride! Sorry, no, but soon I hope :)

The fastest I've gone is only 36-37 kph, just taking it easy so far. I love the wheel though, it's going to be a great summer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I charged it up to about 97% initially and that's it, and I'm a big dude I weigh between 215-230 depending on the time of the year. It wasn't a 100 km ride, it was 100 km worth of smaller rides.  I meant I rolled over the 100 km mark on my imaginary odometer, hahahahahah! You thought I had a 100 km Meep-Ride! Sorry, no, but soon I hope :)

The fastest I've gone is only 36-37 kph, just taking it easy so far. I love the wheel though, it's going to be a great summer. 

Indeed it will. 🎊 :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1