I just ordered a KS 18xl

kasenutty

Congrats! I agree...this weather sucks.

5 hours ago, hal2000 said:

Was going to do the same but reconsidered having watched this...

Slightly more expensive but looks like it has a comfortable seat  ; )

The Dubai police force are experimenting with that beast. Those exposed blades are nasty!  If you buy one I know a great prosthetist.   ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

Congrats to your decision for the big mac battery implemetation. I have been in same mood late January and ordered a 18L as counterpart for my new Z10. I still love this one but it's totally different from all I've seen in driving physics. The perfect offroader but very special at higher speeds for me.

I had a long struggle with myself betwenn L or XL variant not driven by budget at all. Decided for the L because I still own a top heavy wheel and had a desire for something more nimble in the 18" class. Beeing not the long range guy I hope I won't regret some day.

But same situation to me, no one of my homies can imagine what I'm so fuzzed about...

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:14 PM, RockyTop said:

It is great! I think you will like it after the short adjustment time. It is a step above the rest. :thumbup:

I agree - once you settle in you will absolutely love it!!!   :wub:

But keep up your practice on the 16S too... As I will be borrowing your 18XL when I come to town and you will need to still be enjoying your older wheel!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 12:09 AM, Rehab1 said:

Congrats! I agree...this weather sucks.

The Dubai police force are experimenting with that beast. Those exposed blades are nasty!  If you buy one I know a great prosthetist.   ;)

A whole new dimension to faceplant experience  ; )

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hal2000 said:

A whole new dimension to faceplant experience  ; )

My company has treated farmers that have lost limbs after becoming entangled in augers and PTOs so seeing those exposed spinning blades on that mini chopper makes me cringe. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 5:02 PM, kasenutty said:

I have a 16s also, which is a LOT nicer than the 14c (which is totally dead btw), but am really looking forward to the 18 :D

I cannot emphasize how careful you have to be when going from your 18 incher down to your 16s or, worse yet, your 14 incher.

The approximate cruising speed of your 18l is higher than the top speed of your 16s, that is, while you'll easily cruise at about 26 mph on your 18l that is much higher than what is safe on your KS16S.

Post script: I have been that idiot who rode his 18 incher followed by his 14 incher on the same day. Took weeks to heal and I had to scrub asphalt out of my ass, shoulder, elbow, knee, and lower leg. Just like a motorcycle crash, although more mild.

Edited by LanghamP
  • Like 3

On 2/25/2019 at 12:38 PM, kasenutty said:

And I am excited, but I didn't have anyone to tell who would know what I was talking about, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello and brag about my new present for Spring/Summer 2019. 

How are all my pals doing? 

:D 

Very cool. Congrats. :thumbup:

On 2/25/2019 at 12:38 PM, kasenutty said:

And I am excited, but I didn't have anyone to tell who would know what I was talking about, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello and brag about my new present for Spring/Summer 2019. 

I’m in the exact same boat!  Maybe your new 18XL and mine are traveling together. I can’t wait.    :-)

• Like 1

I've only recently started riding again, and have been checking this forum non-stop. Wondering if I need to upgrade my KS16S to the 18XL? It's a shame there is no way of trying a wheel before pulling the trigger

22 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I've only recently started riding again, and have been checking this forum non-stop. Wondering if I need to upgrade my KS16S to the 18XL? It's a shame there is no way of trying a wheel before pulling the trigger

There is always a way... Just book yourself a winter holiday (before it is too late) to New Zealand, and when you are passing through Wellington I will provide a guided EUC tour on 18XL wheels!   :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jambo said:

"Need" is a strong word for this hobby. However, if you are thinking about doing this my recommendation is yes. Do it if you think you are going to use the range. Riding an 18" is very different from a 16" wheel. At first an 18" wheel is gonna seem slow and harder to manipulate, but once you grow accustomed to the dynamics you will love it.  

On 2/25/2019 at 10:38 AM, kasenutty said:

I ordered one just because you ordered one 😁😎

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 11:22 PM, Jambo said:

If you make it to one of the meet-ups there's a chance of possibly sweet talking another member to allow a test ride.   Best to start making friends now, and no, I don't own an 18XL but would love to! 

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

I got it! It's pretty nice. :D

Got mine over the weekend and I'm in love. I can go over potholes and railroad tracks all day at some serious speed. And the battery.... 🤤. I love the protective cover also, the blue really pops in the sun. And the fact that the wheel is concealed makes others that much more interested.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

This forum is dangerous for wheel envy. I need oneeeee

You mess with the bull, you get the horns.  Probably not the best saying for this application but it popped into my head first. GET ONE!