Repair advice needed, KS18L trolley handle stuck

Unventor

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

So I am haveing spare part incomming. I seem to have seen a video on how to adjust the tension sensor a while back. Now when I need the video I can't find it. 

@Seba or @Lutalo or @US69 am I so lucky you have a link to the video I am thinking off?

Tomorrow late evening I'll publish that video for you. Hope it won't be too late ;-)

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I could be making a false correlation, but it makes me feel safer until there is a definitive solution to that issue. 

I have the lift sensor on in both my wheels and no problem to date. Personally I'm pretty sure that wheel freezing issue is unrelated to lift sensor, BUT if you feel safer with this sensor off, the best idea is to leave it in this state. Mental comfort is an essential thing :) 

13 minutes ago, Seba said:

I have the lift sensor on in both my wheels and no problem to date. Personally I'm pretty sure that wheel freezing issue is unrelated to lift sensor, BUT if you feel safer with this sensor off, the best idea is to leave it in this state. Mental comfort is an essential thing :) 

;)👍

53 minutes ago, Seba said:

Tomorrow late evening I'll publish that video for you. Hope it won't be too late ;-)

I might get parts tomorrow or Tuesday, more likely on Tuesday.

@US69 just confirmed what I thought, no need to add the black silicone.IRS20190225_175757.thumb.jpg.76caccddd8dd082c4db111589855ce85.jpg

So if all goes as planned I could be riding again Tuesday after work. 

2 hours ago, US69 said:

Freeze issue is related to static energy build up while trolleying the wheel, interfering the board electronics.

I have heard all of this before. I have even seen the video of KS workers lining the inside of the shell with tape for some mysterious purpose.

However, to my knowledge KS has not published/announced a solution to buyers for this specific problem. Some buyer's are still experiencing odd recurring incidences of vibrations and lockup. 

So with all due respect to all the brilliant individuals - including yourself who have contributed theories on this issue to the body of knowledge, I will wait for a solution from the manufacturer before I alter my behavior. Either that, or one of my wheels lockup with the sensor off. That happens, I'll say screw it, and turn on the sensors. 

4 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

I have heard all of this before. I have even seen the video of KS workers lining the inside of the shell with tape for some mysterious purpose.

However, to my knowledge KS has not published/announced a solution to buyers for this specific problem. Some buyer's are still experiencing odd recurring incidences of vibrations and lockup. 

Yes, this taping up the inside of the wheel was a attempt to protect against the static energy. Unfortunatly after first succesful test it shoes it doesnt help/work reliable on affected wheels and so was canceled as a general rollout.

Owners experiencing the vibration/lockup problem permanently are required to contact their sellers for a possible board change. This happened only to a small percentage of owners/boards(and btw ONLY on trolleying), for example here in Germany we did not have one reported failure, at least i dont have one in mind. Latest Firmware also shutsoff  the wheel instantly when it should happens, wheel can be restarted immediately then.

I totally understand your doubts ....but my intention is that no false  rumours are spread which lead to users not using their handle sensor. Cause after a rough start, now with the calibration method it really works very, very well. i use the handle sensor all the time on my daily commute at about 4 stairways/subway daily leading to 8-10 lifts a day. i would guess that on 97 from 100 trys it works as intended and with the acoustic signal even the 3 false triggers are no problem as you can recognize them immediately. Commuting and especially lifting always shows me the 18L advantage over other wheels, which have no lift sensor and/or another trolley installment. So would be a shame if the handle sensor wouldnt be used as intended :-) 

So the first update of things happening the next few days.

Today I recieved the excellent hand craft of @The Fat Unicyclist and Mrs TFU.20190304_174000.thumb.jpg.f4f8d80efa7733078a27dbb4e5aa837e.jpg

Since my wheel is disassembled and waiting stems, expected incomming tomorrow as the are at local distribution centre, I could only hang it on a chair to show it off.

Thank you for the warpping paper. My cats played around with that for the best part of 30min20190304_173949.thumb.jpg.812dc696780a49526e97fadab730050b.jpg

Hopefully I can ride again tomorrow and test my new cover.

I just hope the cats don't find the neopren material too appealing to scratch. This one looked very interested when hanging on the chair.

20190304_175154.thumb.jpg.c1e5de66d6ab5cb1c68eac329a3eebe2.jpg

She always sit here when I am hanging gear in the hall.

20 hours ago, US69 said:

Yes, this taping up the inside of the wheel was a attempt to protect against the static energy. Unfortunatly after first succesful test it shoes it doesnt help/work reliable on affected wheels and so was canceled as a general rollout.

Owners experiencing the vibration/lockup problem permanently are required to contact their sellers for a possible board change. This happened only to a small percentage of owners/boards(and btw ONLY on trolleying), for example here in Germany we did not have one reported failure, at least i dont have one in mind. Latest Firmware also shutsoff  the wheel instantly when it should happens, wheel can be restarted immediately then.

I totally understand your doubts ....but my intention is that no false  rumours are spread which lead to users not using their handle sensor. Cause after a rough start, now with the calibration method it really works very, very well. i use the handle sensor all the time on my daily commute at about 4 stairways/subway daily leading to 8-10 lifts a day. i would guess that on 97 from 100 trys it works as intended and with the acoustic signal even the 3 false triggers are no problem as you can recognize them immediately. Commuting and especially lifting always shows me the 18L advantage over other wheels, which have no lift sensor and/or another trolley installment. So would be a shame if the handle sensor wouldnt be used as intended :-) 

I will give it a shot. I think the I am gunshy because the one time I turned on the sensor (18L), my son experienced the emergency shut-down firmware protection while trolleying the wheel around his campus. We returned the sensor to the off position, and have had no further problems. I have both wheels: 18XL, and 18L together at home with me once again (18L is back from France). I will turn them on in both wheels and see what happens. It would be nice to be able to use such a wonderfully convenient feature. 

Yay I am back in buisness now with an even sexier wheel and more evil.

First off big thanks to @Lutalo, @Seba, @US69, for assisting my rookie repair skills to get the dismantling and reassembling and lift sensor ajusted just right.

@EUniCycles.eu for a great dealer support and fast action for a desperate customer.

And the craftmanship of Mr.@The Fat Unicyclist and Mrs. @The Fat Unicyclist

Black V3 stems repair complete today (self fitting with advice and help from above). The large pedals was fitted a bit back late December. And lamp repair done with new lamp unit back in October if I recall right.

20190305_180214.thumb.jpg.0fe3cc195193716ac27e1a3b11ad6535.jpg

Fitted EUC bodyguard neopren cover, of course "backwards". By this I mean I would normally try to catch my wheel with the right hard. Doing this I could catch the velcro lock with finders, where as hard fliped it 180 degrees I would just touch the top part and fi ger don't get caught. Phew lots of text to explain a simple to show issue.

20190305_180132.thumb.jpg.77127c87053bb4314bfdce2b9fec1a92.jpg

And as a bonus I got my new portable pump with build in led flash light. It will be standard in my backpack from now on.

20190305_140921.thumb.jpg.70c67fccadfcd4749deca1ad531681b6.jpg

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Yay I am back in buisnes now with an even sexier wheel and more evil.

Black V3 stems repair complete today. 

20190305_180214.thumb.jpg.0fe3cc195193716ac27e1a3b11ad6535.jpg

Fitted EUC bodyguard neopren cover, of course "backwards". By this I mean I eould normally try to catch my wheel with the right hard. Doing this I could catch the velcro lock with finders, where as hard fliped it 180 degrees I would just touch the top part and fi ger don't get caught. Phew lots of text to explain a simple to show issue.

20190305_180132.thumb.jpg.77127c87053bb4314bfdce2b9fec1a92.jpg

And as a bonus I got my new portable pump with build in led flash light. It will be standard in my backpack from now on.

I see you got that trolley install done,  and the neoprene cover looks very well fitted; I like it a lot. Congrats. :)👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 6:39 PM, Unventor said:

Fitted EUC bodyguard neopren cover

EUC bodyguard neopren cover:

Is it  homemade? Or where can I buy this?

And for your pump, do you have a link ?

8 minutes ago, Soren Blondlot said:

EUC bodyguard neopren cover:

Is it  homemade? Or where can I buy this?

And for your pump, do you have a link ?

This model of pump/portable compressor was bought at Amazon Germany. It is however out of stock. You might find it on Amazon UK. They have a different model now on amazon.de

As for the EUC bodyguard it is sold at www.roll.nz and as I understand  it is hand crafted by mr. @The Fat Unicyclist and mrs. @The Fat Unicyclist.

See more on the thread kingsong cover the latest thing  in kingsong brand thread.

Archived