Name a facility, business, recreational center you rode in.

contentryder

Recent news with a 2 wheel hoverboard segway in my town at a mall:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Willowbrook-Mall-arrest-video-goes-viral-as-6519829.php#photo-8669830

I've taken my bot to a park and around the neighborhood so far, but no where indoors yet. Maybe you all have. Please list places that you have and people are ok with it...thanks

Edit: Please list the place by Place, City/State, Country. That would be helpful!

This is going to be more common place.  I have a Ninebot E, and previous Airwheel Q3 and have been riding for over a year.  I have resisted the temptation to use my unit in anything indoors or at the airport.  Certain people are going to see it as cool, and then there are overzealous douche nozzles with a badge (like the one shown in the video) that have to abuse the power they are given.  I hope he loses he job. 

This is my take...  If there are signs that prohibit skateboarding and rollerblading, then its a good likelihood that people in that place aren't going to be super impressed with your EUC or hoverboard.  People have no common sense.  I am worried that as these EUC makers increase the speed of the units, the problem will be compounded on the sidewalks with idiots speeding down sidewalks and scaring pedestrians.

We are ambassadors to a new technology.  You can  be a good ambassador, be respectful and use good judgement, or be an idiot.  The idiots will end up causing these things to be targeted for adverse legislation.

Wise words cars in. Contentryder, I rode onto the reception of my gym today but only to show off my new toy, don't think I will make out a regular thing. I fully intend to use my xtreme in airports, the main reason I bought an euc with a battery you can fly with.

Recent news with a 2 wheel hoverboard segway in my town at a mall:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Willowbrook-Mall-arrest-video-goes-viral-as-6519829.php#photo-8669830

I've taken my bot to a park and around the neighborhood so far, but no where indoors yet. Maybe you all have. Please list places that you have and people are ok with it...thanks

i ride right into 7-11 I cant be bothered to get off it unless im shopping i throw it in my cart. but even in my recent travels to Vancouver I rode it in all the malls and skytrain stations ... The key is to be respectful of others personal bubble 

I work in the Prudential tower in Boston. I've been told twice not to ride it in the mall which is at the base of the tower. Stupid, but I get off when I'm told and I don't debate. I can understand a NB being disallowed but I think IO hawks should be OK. They pose much less of a risk to people than a NB.

• 1 year later...
On ‎22‎.‎09‎.‎2015 at 9:35 PM, CarZin said:

...I have resisted the temptation to use my unit in anything indoors or at the airport. 

Same here. I surely could roll in and ride around but I don't think it's wise thing to do in a long run...

On 9/23/2015 at 9:59 PM, Jdestef said:

I work in the Prudential tower in Boston. I've been told twice not to ride it in the mall which is at the base of the tower. Stupid, but I get off when I'm told and I don't debate. I can understand a NB being disallowed but I think IO hawks should be OK. They pose much less of a risk to people than a NB.

My daughter lives in Boston and her friend works in the PRU Tower.... I think she may have seen you the other day when meeting her friend after work, but I'm not sure how many wheels there are the city. We were talking about that just yesterday... I think her exact words to me were, "I saw another one of those weirdos like you, dad!"

Of course, she is 22 years old... And then apologized since I still give her plenty of money every month to supplement her income so she can live there :wacko::D

Archived