Unlock feature on 18xl

fourthewin

10 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That's the thing with King Song tiltback that so many people miss... It isn't (necessarily) harsh or extreme.

My experience and testing has confirmed that it all comes down to the way you ride, which makes perfect sense for what the wheel is trying to manage. Let's say that I have set my speed limit to 30 km/h. What that means is that the wheel wants to limit my speed to that maximum, which is achieved by tilting back;

If I am leaning in hard and accelerating as fast as I can, then I will come up to (and past) the 30 km/h mark very quickly, at which point the King Song firmware will tilt-back fairly aggressively to compensate (or negate) my acceleration.

But if I am cruising along and just slowly accelerating it is very different. I will still approach and get to the specified 30 km/h, but as I am only accelerating slowly the tilt-back so much more slowly - almost gentlemanly.

Based on this, I think of it as the firmware having a "hard limit" that it doesn't want to exceed. And there is also be a trigger point at which the tilt-back will begin. The amount of tilt-back though is based on the time it will take me to get from the trigger point to the hard limit... So the harder I push, the harder the wheel will push back. And the more gently I push, the more gentle the push back will be.

aah yes that makes perfect sense, so in essence the harder youre accelerating the more past the limit set you would hit and therefore the harder the tiltback would be.. being that the 18xl is a much bigger machine and about half my weight i dont think its physically possible for me to be able to accelerate so hard that i would experience the more severe tiltback.. a 16s on <50% battery however is quite easy to shoot way past the limit and be violently thrown back :P

8 hours ago, Lutalo said:

You must have been accelerating politely.

im always polite to my wheels ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fourthewin said:

Sir, you’ve made your point and I have politely acknowledged it. Please take the borderline hostility to an alternate post. 

I’d like to get back to unlocking the wheel with out losing two valuable days of my life. 

Dude. Decaf latte 😉👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

im always polite to my wheels ;)

Right. Very nice. Your wheel will always reciprocate what you give 😁. My XL, on the other hand, tried to toss me over to the KS factory in Shenzen on tiltback. Since then, I have also learned to be more polite to my wheel. :)👍

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Right. Very nice. Your wheel will always reciprocate what you give 😁. My XL, on the other hand, tried to toss me over to the KS factory in Shenzen on tiltback. Since then, I have also learned to be more polite to my wheel. :)👍

Do you have a new job at Nasa or a private space agency:w00t2:?

I guess it is time to request stronger motors, as you only made it half way, Paris.:roflmao:

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Do you have a new job at Nasa or a private space agency:w00t2:?

I guess it is time to request stronger motors, as you only made it half way, Paris.:roflmao:

:D:D. A 4000w motor would probably get the job done. @Flora Yuan would be handing me a sleeping bag to crash at the Shenzen KS factory right now. Actually. I guess someone would be waking me up right about now in China :D:D:D

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lutalo said:

:D:D. A 4000w motor would probably get the job done. @Flora Yuan would be handing me a sleeping bag to crash at the Shenzen KS factory right now. Actually. I guess someone would be waking me up right about now in China :D:D:D

And the next KS will come with a free parachute... ;) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

And the next KS will come with a free parachute... ;) 

But you have to buy the release cord/handle at a fair price, but without any manual.:w00t2:

• Like 1

Just now, Unventor said:

But you have to buy the release cord/handle at a fair price, but without any manual.:w00t2:

Oh, it will be automatic, like the shut-off in the handle. Probably dependent on a millimeter thick screw somewhere to hold the whole release system. That is all EUC-style design of course. ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Well that's a nightmarish thought. I see parachute lock-up.:shock2:

Don't worry, everything will be well described in prime Engrish in the "manual" together with undecipherable pictures explaining absolutely nothing about your "wheelbarrow car", or in the app with labels in Hanzri where you may set sensitivity so it won't release while riding....... ;) 

Don't you just love all the options? :roflmao:

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 4:21 PM, Seba said:

In fact I used my treadmill to unlock my KS-18L :) You just need to remember not to ride on the same spot for the whole 5 kms.

Can't you just unlock it but lifting it up with the lift sensor disabled?

5 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Don't worry, everything will be well described in prime Engrish in the "manual" together with undecipherable pictures explaining absolutely nothing about your "wheelbarrow car", or in the app with labels in Hanzri where you may set sensitivity so it won't release while riding....... ;) 

Don't you just love all the options? :roflmao:

:roflmao:

8 hours ago, hal2000 said:

Can't you just unlock it but lifting it up with the lift sensor disabled?

yea to add ten feet at a time lol

Changed controller out last weekend and now trying to unlock speed on my 18l (again) after hitting 14km. Keep getting error or net busy on ks app.

Seller told me Darknessbot/wheelog will unlock it but I have the latest wheellog and it wont. Cant find darkness bot.

Breath....breath....breath...

I still need to do that thing where I set the tiltback really low and push past it to feel it. I got it once and I almost didnt notice, because im such a polite gentleman. All i knew was, i was no longer tearing up this hill, but calmly cruising and couldnt push forward. And thats when i realized i had been tilted! I do want to feel the violent tilt at a slower speed, on grass, with cotton candy everywhere. In case i get launched backwards and roll into the past like wii bowling. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Nikola said:

I rode my 250km to unlock my 18L.. motherboard broke and got it replaced.. and i have to ride another 200km to unlock it now.. lol

Update the firmware to the latest version. This should not be necessary anymore.

• Like 1