Inmotion, are you listening?

Rama Douglas

I was excited about this design too, but how can a rider maintain a consistent speed with the active motion of suspension? I understand that there is some control in the peddles, but it seems like the power needed for constant stabilization of the pedals exceeds the capabilities of the power sources currently available. Proof me wrong, please. I suppose this could be like the feed back that many had on the Z10. A new riding experience on that wheel... 

• Like 1

Any manufacturer who will builds a purpose built off road EUC will be very surprised i think at how popular it will be

Rugged yes but a machine with to many smarts would take away from the off road experience and riders skills would be left unfulfilled

Hanging out for an off road machine as im a 70% off road rider now

Start simple 

Active suspension Umm not for me or my wallet 

• Like 1

Well, obviously the suspension would have to add, rather than detract. I assume a locking option would be desirable depending on surface conditions. Some Mt. bikes' suspension can be locked off say for climbing...

And if presents a challenge to ride with suspension, could be cool to "re-learn", like the Z10...

The mountain bike comparison is interesting. The technology is already out there to a certain extent. Stiff, more responsive feel for hill climbing / technical riding. Loose / less responsive controls (excludes steering and braking) for downhill riding. Makes sense, but not engineered/safe yet. Good idea though.

• 2 weeks later...

This absolutely looks awesome but my concern would be the integrity of all the exterior parts...from what I can see it's mostly the design that's appealing.  One nice, skidding, tumbling crash and what would you be left with?

I'd be super concerned about that...

And be the first one to buy it.  Yeah take my money too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liamfind said:

The next Inmotion wheel will get this feature inside. It's still under testing.

This is fantastic news!

Can you reveal when can we expect the next wheel? I'm currently planning to purchase a new wheel for this summer. Should I wait?

Also, please remember to include an option with large battery. 

14 hours ago, WaveCut said:

Yeah, InMotion, do this and lose your money and market share because of the bunch of non-formal askers. :/

What does this mean? Sorry, but I don't understand the sentence.

Edited by ir_fuel

On 3/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, ir_fuel said:

How will leaning forward/backward work with suspension on such a thing?

The suspension will not let the pedals tilt forward/backward. Only movement allowed is up/down. And unless they screw up the design, the pedals will not move independently.

We all ride with suspension every time already. The tire gives in, our sneakers give in, and we let our knees flex. My silicone suspension blocks under the pedal top plate give in as well. No harm done regarding leaning.

This is not going to be like the custom MAX 22” (or whatwasit) EUC with 4” of suspension travel. Just an inch of usable travel (from riding position) would already make it feel like a lovely old Caddy, and just 1/2” would already kill the knee jerk and vibration from jumping down a curb.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Just an inch of usable travel (from riding position) would already make it feel like a lovely old Caddy, and just 1/2” would already kill the knee jerk and vibration from jumping down a curb

Comfort is nice. And there is also added benefit in safety, IMO. If you happen to miss a bump and hit it without preparing your knees, even small suspension might save you from falling. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Rama Douglas @WaveCut why the anger?

Funny, I was just thinking about this, and I'm not sure who it is or why, but it seems I have a "serial hater". Maybe this is the guy. Not sure why someone would go out of there way to hit the dislike on my YouTube vids, but most of my videos rcvd the thumbs down. I think they're pretty cool. Not sure why someone would dislike videos of someone dancing and doing their thing on an EUC, unless I was doing something out of hand, but oh well, I guess that "going public" with anything can inspire haters to chime in...🙃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rama Douglas said:

Funny, I was just thinking about this, and I'm not sure who it is or why, but it seems I have a "serial hater". Maybe this is the guy. Not sure why someone would go out of there way to hit the dislike on my YouTube vids, but most of my videos rcvd the thumbs down. I think they're pretty cool. Not sure why someone would dislike videos of someone dancing and doing their thing on an EUC, unless I was doing something out of hand, but oh well, I guess that "going public" with anything can inspire haters to chime in...🙃

You're kinda paranoid. It's not personal. Do not turn against me because of the fact, that I just don't like this wheel concept, and downvoting it, and the noise about it.

2 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

That means that such wheel concept will fail IRL.

Actually, what it meant was that you think it will fail. Luckily you will happily stand corrected once the new wheel starts to sell like hotcakes!

• Like 1