App Error - "Current usage area inconsistent with sales area"

Kai Sosceles

Wondering if anyone can help with this android app error I'm getting when trying to access "speed settings" on the newest kingsong app from their website.

Im getting these errors on my old 14D that has long since been unlocked to top speed, and on brand new wheels (16s and 14s tested so far). Everything else in the app seems to work except the speed area. 

Halp?

Capture+_2019-02-20-14-44-19.png

Capture+_2019-02-20-14-44-26.png

I still have the age-old green KS app on my iPhone... Granted, I don’t use my 16S much anymore, but boy was I glad I tried the white app first on an iPad. Will do so with the blue as well.

DON’T upgrade firmware with the new blue app!! It seems to have bricked the wheel for many if not all who upgraded.

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Meserias said:

what would be solution for this message ?
used in EU purchased from AliExpress seller

image.png.220082ea8a6b552aec6d0b25fc05b831.png

You tried the "older" KS apps as linked above?

Get in contact with your reseller - maybe/hopefully he can help?

Did you buy it with some "protected" payment option, like over aliexpress? Are you still within the timeframe to file a complaint? ... as this is an unusable product they sold you....

Or maybe @US69 or from KS directly @Micheal Shen can help?

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Logan Dykens said:

Hi, 

I have the same problem with the new app. Does someone have a working link to the older version of the ks app ? 

Already contacted the seller for a solution but nothing seems to work. 

This is the version that works for me: https://www.roll.nz/apps/com.kingsong.dlc_3.1.8.apk

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, Meserias said:

what would be solution for this message ?
used in EU purchased from AliExpress seller

image.png.220082ea8a6b552aec6d0b25fc05b831.png

Yes is and is relatively easy. 

You need tell you phone fake IP/GPS location . Same system like cheating in pokemon go.

You need spoof yourself to China or supported region to fuly work this geo locked software.

I dont know how strong protection is here in kinggsong app. ( GPS or IP adress based) 

Easiest is use proxy server (free can be used http://free-proxy.cz/en/) or VPN to fake location.(just setup phone for proxy connect app do what you need and turn off proxy again) 

Just warning free proxy CAN BE dangerous and somebody can log what you do and save keys what you push. (I presonaly use PROXY server to fake google  location on my ticwatch pro  to Germany i need do that for use google pay in Czech Republic what is officialy unsuported country i use https secured proxy here is proxy tester before you use it TEST IT https://proxycheck.haschek.at/ )

If not help just use gps spoof app from google play or apple store here are many apps around.

On android you must unlock developer options and activate fake gps app (allow) 

In IOS is same steps just alow some app to fake GPS  (i never touch  iphone in my life im poor west europe person thats why i know how broke GEO software  locks :thumbup:)

Please use my post like inspiration what things  google to unlock aplication what is geolocked.

Anyway first try Proxy solution if not help use GPS solution. In extreme cause both but i never see that complex protection except bank/money software. 

If you fake GPS rule is hide you pohone in building or cover tinfoil or use pan ETC(just block real gps signal).You no want phone internal gps  to know real location this problem is known like gps rubering and app can potentialy detect this.

Good luck with love John.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is the version that works for me: https://www.roll.nz/apps/com.kingsong.dlc_3.1.8.apk

I'm going to have to start charging for downloads...   :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm going to have to start charging for downloads...   :laughbounce2:

Maybe you could put a link on your website. Every time this question comes up, I spend 5-minutes clicking around your website and never find anything. I have to then dig up your PM from Facebook to get the link. Thanks :D

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Maybe you could put a link on your website. Every time this question comes up, I spend 5-minutes clicking around your website and never find anything. I have to then dig up your PM from Facebook to get the link. Thanks :D

I'll see what I can sort out...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1