Rama Douglas

KingSong protective covers are now a thing...

26 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome! Sign me up. Do I go through Ewheels? 

unrelated, but how do you add photos of the EUC's to go along with your comments? :)

8 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

unrelated, but how do you add photos of the EUC's to go along with your comments? :)

Copy a photo of choice to your laptop, iPad/ phone and then use a photo sharing service like Flickr. Upload the photo to Flickr. The site will then provide you with a link that you copy. You can then paste it along with your comment. Be sure you select ‘public’ for your photo in Flickr or the photo will not appear.

Edited by Rehab1

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome! Sign me up. Do I go through Ewheels? 

Not available through eWheels quite yet... So if you can't wait, you have to buy direct from us - https://www.roll.nz/int/store/64-135-euc-bodyguard-for-ks-16x.html

For new products we like to sell direct for a month or so, allowing us a chance to get feedback directly from our customers. 

Once we know everyone is happy and the product is as robust as possible, then we will make it available for other resellers, including eWheels - of course it is up to Jason as to whether he wants to add them to the range.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:39 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

feedback directly from our customers. 

How about a black/black one with a big white X on the sides. :)

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, RoadRunner said:

How about a black/black one with a big white X on the sides. :)

As our product is (mostly) handmade, customisation is always an option... In fact Chrissi loves the challenge of anything "not quite generic"!

Feel free to contact us and discuss in detail.

20 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

@The Fat Unicyclist Will you have any 16X covers avail at the EUC games?

Actually... Yes, we hope to...

My plan for this evening was to check the forum and coment where appropriate (or not, perhaps) and then ask if there was anything people wanted from us at the LA EUC Games... Which can include delivering pre-paid Bodyguards or selling them then and there, cash only (of course)... So check out the LA EUC Games thread in about an hour from now.

@stephen I saw you got you EUC bodyguard for 16X.

I am watching you YouTube video of it now. So I might get the answer, but what do you think of the grip of the fabric?

I found on my 18L it gave a sence of better control. But still not like glued to your legs. 

I am almost ready to order one too, but I might need to ask for a few mods from @The Fat Unicyclist.

I don't use USB ports so I prefer this not to be cut out. And I were thinking of instead of a cut out for charging port, just to make a U cut with a Velcro on top covering the side cut of the U to make rain less able to enter here. As for the power button some sort of mark or the area rather than a cut out too. 

Main reason is to make it more of a water resistance cover as I had to get my wheel survice checked after light rain ride. Still waiting on a report from dealer on it. 

I didn't open my wheel but I think somehow water got into light sensor or power button. Maybe from the inside. 

It was so light rain so it should not be an issue, and no puddle riding either (like 2-3mm rain/h) for about 1 hour or 10km going in and out of shops trolleying like 1km maybe. 

@The Fat Unicyclist I am not looking for 100% proof cover, but somehow protection thos top "holes" on the wheel would be great imho. I am still playing with the ideas, so I will get back to you once I cooked up something practical 🤔😁

BTW nice looks @stephenwith that blue colour. As for me I am more like a red guy or traffic green/yellow. 

@Unventor I just received mine today, so I'll give it a test later tonight.  I did check with roll.nz and it sounds like you should be able to do screen printing or iron on transfers to parts of the bodyguard.  So maybe you can just put a transfer onto the part where the power is.  However, it may wear out after some time.  I'm not sure how long it would last in the long run.

45 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I don't use USB ports so I prefer this not to be cut out. And I were thinking of instead of a cut out for charging port, just to make a U cut with a Velcro on top covering the side cut of the U to make rain less able to enter here. As for the power button some sort of mark or the area rather than a cut out too. 

Great idea, love it.

49 minutes ago, EvoKnvl said:

So maybe you can just put a transfer onto the part where the power is. 

Or just a stitched little dot.

5 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Or just a stitched little dot.

Yes I thought it first but I would prefer to keep fabric unpunctured if possible. Still in the thinking box of working out this. 🤔😉

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

@stephen I saw you got you EUC bodyguard for 16X.

I am watching you YouTube video of it now. So I might get the answer, but what do you think of the grip of the fabric?

I found on my 18L it gave a sence of better control. But still not like glued to your legs. 

I am almost ready to order one too, but I might need to ask for a few mods from @The Fat Unicyclist.

Main reason is to make it more of a water resistance cover as I had to get my wheel survice checked after light rain ride. Still waiting on a report from dealer on it. 

I didn't open my wheel but I think somehow water got into light sensor or power button. Maybe from the inside. 

It was so light rain so it should not be an issue, and no puddle riding either (like 2-3mm rain/h) for about 1 hour or 10km going in and out of shops trolleying like 1km maybe. 

@The Fat Unicyclist I am not looking for 100% proof cover, but somehow protection thos top "holes" on the wheel would be great imho. I am still playing with the ideas, so I will get back to you once I cooked up something practical 🤔😁

BTW nice looks @stephenwith that blue colour. As for me I am more like a red guy or traffic green/yellow. 

Yes, my take on the EUC Bodyguard for the 16X is that it gives you better grip / control - There is actually an even grippier version on the way to a prolific EUC video poster (though it appears to be stuck with customs), we will have to wait to see what he / she thinks...

We have actually had a fairly high number of customisation requests already and we endeavour to meet requirements where possible.

The "U-shaped" port cover is not recommended. We already tried this - a "U" cutout, with a thicker "bulge" at the bottom (where the raised ridge is).  I don't know if it was the additional pressure on the "hinge" when opening, or the "grip"  the flap gave to the rubber flap, but the result was that removing the cover tore the rubber flap off the wheel... Which means I have one less spare now! So I would recommend not going down this path..

The thing with the EUC Bodyguard is that it is designed to protect mainly against impact damage and not-so-much against water ingress (due to all the holes that everyone wants. 

BUT, once the LA Games are done and dusted, we will be getting back to another little project of ours, which is to manage water issues... So, rather than trying to find a single solution for everything, give us a few weeks and consider targeted options for specific challenges.

I've got the cover ordered, depending on how grippy it is, I might have a big slab of velcro sewn into it and make up some pads that can be attached to it, kind of like knee pucks on motorcycle leathers, might work well.

6 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

I've got the cover ordered, depending on how grippy it is, I might have a big slab of velcro sewn into it and make up some pads that can be attached to it, kind of like knee pucks on motorcycle leathers, might work well.

Ah, yes... That one left New Zealand at 08:30 yesterday... So it's probably in Uzbekistan by now!   ;)

It definitely adds more grip, but if you want even more then hold fire for a week or two. We have a few riders testing our "optional extra" grip pads at the moment (possibly even during some of the events at the LA EUC Games - that's not cheating, is it?) and if everything goes to plan you will be able to add them to your Bodyguard yourself once they are available.

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

2 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ah, yes... That one left New Zealand at 08:30 yesterday... So it's probably in Uzbekistan by now!   ;)

It definitely adds more grip, but if you want even more then hold fire for a week or two. We have a few riders testing our "optional extra" grip pads at the moment and if everything goes to plan you will be able to add them to your Bodyguard yourself once they are available.

Awesome!!  I'll be watching:)

On 2/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, Flyboy10 said:

$135 is a bit more than $10 though

I ended up bandaging my KS16x after my 3rd drop using left over flex seal tape (basically adhesive on thin rubber sheets) trimmed it into 1"x4" strips and layered it up like scale mail armor - starting from bottom side (only on the fake carbon fiber body) overlapping a bit to the upper covers on the areas it made impact. It has a matte black finish so for a little over $10 has an extra skin (albeit temporary) peace of mind.  Yet to see how long it'll last on before having to wipe it off with goo-gone probably and start over, but at least it covers the eye-sore scratches in the meantime.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, giggidditygiggiddity said:

I ended up bandaging my KS16x after my 3rd drop using left over flex seal tape (basically adhesive on thin rubber sheets) trimmed it into 1"x4" strips and layered it up like scale mail armor - starting from bottom side (only on the fake carbon fiber body) overlapping a bit to the upper covers on the areas it made impact. It has a matte black finish so for a little over $10 has an extra skin (albeit temporary) peace of mind.  Yet to see how long it'll last on before having to wipe it off with goo-gone probably and start over, but at least it covers the eye-sore scratches in the meantime.

You have any pictures of this?  I can imagine it looking pretty cool.

Anyone else get the email from Roll.nz about the 16x covers needing some sort of modification at the bottom of the cover where it hooks in (I've not received mine yet so I'm not entirely sure how this works), it appears the kevlar used isn't providing proper flex or "give" to keep it secure and that they are sending replacement pockets and instructions on what needs to be done.  If it requires stitching or altering, which I cannot do, I'll just send it back for a replacement. 

20 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

Anyone else get the email from Roll.nz about the 16x covers needing some sort of modification at the bottom of the cover where it hooks in (I've not received mine yet so I'm not entirely sure how this works), it appears the kevlar used isn't providing proper flex or "give" to keep it secure and that they are sending replacement pockets and instructions on what needs to be done.  If it requires stitching or altering, which I cannot do, I'll just send it back for a replacement. 

I have the email and I have a cover in hand.  So basically, to secure the bottom portion of the cover, there are little "scoops" that hold the cover to the bottom portion of the wheel (Think the area where the lower LEDs are located.)  The inner piece they use to secure it is using a Kevlar material that is really slippery.  It doesn't get a good grip along the bottom edge.  It's probably a combination of the slippery Kevlar and the bottom shape.  In any case,  the cover can slip off the bottom portion.  The cover still stays in place since it's under the pedal

As a temporary solution, I actually stuck double sided tape on the inside of the wheel bottom.  I just used the super thin plastic type (not the foam.)  It makes it sticky enough to stay in place and not slip off the bottom.  I've had it like this for over a week and it stays put just fine.  

Either way, roll.nz will take care of everything.  Their attention to details and customer service are amazing and I'm completely satisfied with the bodyguard.

Edited by EvoKnvl

1 hour ago, EvoKnvl said:

I have the email and I have a cover in hand.  So basically, to secure the bottom portion of the cover, there are little "scoops" that hold the cover to the bottom portion of the wheel (Think the area where the lower LEDs are located.)  The inner piece they use to secure it is using a Kevlar material that is really slippery.  It doesn't get a good grip along the bottom edge.  It's probably a combination of the slippery Kevlar and the bottom shape.  In any case,  the cover can slip off the bottom portion.  The cover still stays in place since it's under the pedal

As a temporary solution, I actually stuck double sided tape on the inside of the wheel bottom.  I just used the super thin plastic type (not the foam.)  It makes it sticky enough to stay in place and not slip off the bottom.  I've had it like this for over a week and it stays put just fine.  

Either way, roll.nz will take care of everything.  Their attention to details and customer service are amazing and I'm completely satisfied with the bodyguard.

Cool,  I'm sure they will, their detailed email makes me feel like they take it seriously, I just don't want to get in a situation where I'm sewing or having to take it to an upholstery shop to get it resolved, I've got some good double sided tape that'll get me by.  I appreciate the info!!

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

1. For those customers with the Kevlar pockets (those who received the earlier email) we need to work out how to fix the problem, ideally (for everyone) without having to send the cover back to us for alteration. We are still finalising what needs to be done, but in the meantime some of you creative types have had some good ideas - such as @EvoKnvl using double sided tape and @Marty Backe who added a Velcro dot (stuck to the shell and stitched to the pocket).

@The Fat Unicyclist completely forgot about this thread, but the double sided tape hasn't held up as well as I had hoped.  I was also thinking of using Velcro before hand, and it seems that @Marty Backe confirmed that it works well.

8 hours ago, EvoKnvl said:

@The Fat Unicyclist completely forgot about this thread, but the double sided tape hasn't held up as well as I had hoped.  I was also thinking of using Velcro before hand, and it seems that @Marty Backe confirmed that it works well.

We are just working through to source a version that works with the Kevlar and will update everyone shortly.