Wheel lift max speed test

FlyboyEUC

I was wondering if people could do this test with their wheels. I'm mostly interested in the MSX and 18XL/L, but other wheels are welcome. Either post a video, screenshot of the app, or just comment. Be sure to include the type of wheel 😉

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

KS-18L (40% battery)…   60.92 km/h
KS-18XL (80% battery...  67.97 km/h

I'm not sure whether the charge level makes a difference though...

It makes a big difference.

The speed is proportional to the battery voltage.

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

It makes a big difference.

The speed is proportional to the battery voltage.

But will the additional 18XL battery packs (in parallel) also make a difference?

Assuming the same voltage and the same motor, but more available current (?), how do things change?

They might change slightly as even freewheeling requires some current which means some voltage drop which means lower speed. But the difference between fully charged 18L and 18XL should be minimal most likely even bellow measurement error. 

On 2/23/2019 at 7:34 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

But will the additional 18XL battery packs (in parallel) also make a difference?

Assuming the same voltage and the same motor, but more available current (?), how do things change?

There's one obvious way to test this; charge both wheels to the same voltage, then test again.  Any difference, if any, should be battery size related.  Two tests actually, both wheels at a hig state of charge, then both at a low state of charge.

:popcorn:

KS16S full battery 48.3kph as reported by darknessbot.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

There's one obvious way to test this;

+1

charge both wheels to the same voltage,

That could be a bit hard to achieve, since voltage measurements of wheels can be inacurate - afair @palachzzz reported deviations of ~1,5V. But i have no ideas (reports) of the voltage measurement accuracy of KS18(x)l. Or how the chances are to get such a misadjusted  motherboard...

then test again.  Any difference, if any, should be battery size related. 

As @andress stated above, freewheeling uses not enough current to show significant differences in max lift cut-off speed. Both battery sizes should handle this without getting burdened.

Any tested differences (at same voltage) in max lift cut-off speed between a KS18l and xl i would explain by voltage measurement inaccuracy, different mechanical "resistances" and "speed measurement faults".

Speed is "only" measured 5 times a second and the wheels spin up pretty fast - so it involves some luck to get a measurement of the max speed. Or just enough tries to improve the chances...

MSX: DarknessBot and Gotway apps: 60% battery: 72km/h.  100% battery gave 78km/h when new. 

KS-16S 1020Wh: KS Green app: 64% battery: 44km/h. DarknessBot: same speed, but battery at 55%.

9bot MiniPro 310Wh w/ knobblies: DarknessBot and Ninebot apps: 46% battery, 32.7km/h.

Archived