Best to buy from.

Dai Morgan

Hi,

Just a couple of questions

Where is the best place to buy a Z10 from for import into the UK?

What is the best gear to buy to record your rides? I have a GoPro Hero+ and the video quality is great, but the Mic isn't up to much and I have it helmet mounted so it is a video of me going around, and I'm not in it 😂😂😂😂😂

See below! 

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Z10 seems to attract a lot of new euc riders. Funny because it would be the last wheel I would suggest to someone starting :) 

... especially in combination with the reported ?quality? and support situation... and the very high power off consumption ...

32 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Z10 seems to attract a lot of new euc riders. Funny because it would be the last wheel I would suggest to someone starting :) 

I was told this repeatedly about buying my Z10 as my first wheel. I am glad I ignored this advice personally. However, I was lucky to receive one with no issues out of the box.

11 minutes ago, cloudust said:

If you can wait for max 3 month, Z10 will be sold with proper CE certification and after sales service in Europe.

I have been reading this for a long time now, if I am not mistaken always coming from you.

Where do you get that info from? Also, in your previous posts you talked about "early next year". 

And you call a shop like onewheel.be some kind of scam, since they officially sell those wheels in Europe?

25 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

I was told this repeatedly about buying my Z10 as my first wheel. I am glad I ignored this advice personally. However, I was lucky to receive one with no issues out of the box.

Not for the issues, but because it's very heavy and it doesn't ride/turn like any other wheel.

@ir_fuel if you can ride a Z10 then you can ride anything. I can ride any wheel out now without effort. Those of you who learned on other wheels cannot it seems judging from endless comments like yours on this forum regarding the riding habits of the Z10. My Monster has never hit the ground as a direct result of my learning on a Z10. It is also a boring ride as compared to my Z10. Outside of a higher comfortable cruising speed and range, I prefer my Z10 over the Monster hands down. It is possible I will sell my Monster in the near future to buy a Honda Grom instead. It's just not as fun as the Z10.

14 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Those of you who learned on other wheels cannot it seems judging from endless comments like yours on this forum regarding the riding habits of the Z10.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know I can't ride the wheel I have used yesterday for the last time.

I wouldn't recommend a Z10 as I wouldn't recommend an Mten3 as a wheel to start on. That doesn't mean it's technically impossible to learn to ride on those.

And that is MY opinion. It's not the absolute truth.

28 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I have been reading this for a long time now, if I am not mistaken always coming from you.

Where do you get that info from? Also, in your previous posts you talked about "early next year". 

And you call a shop like onewheel.be some kind of scam, since they officially sell those wheels in Europe?

Not for the issues, but because it's very heavy and it doesn't ride/turn like any other wheel.

I think it's always coming from me because I care and want to be sure the product I purchase have some kind of service in Europe even if it is not the best. How do I get information? Just like everyone else, I have my source. It's been pushing back on the European launch again and again. From the 'incident' reports, it's easy to figure out why.

it's illegal to import and sell non CE certified goods to Europe. Most people don't care and custom didn't catch it. These don't make the products legal. Onewheel.be probably bought their goods from a Chinese trader as you only find Chinese user manual and plug in the box.

2 hours ago, cloudust said:

These don't make the products legal. Onewheel.be probably bought their goods from a Chinese trader as you only find Chinese user manual and plug in the box.

You might want to check your sources before telling lies about a reputable shop.

I bought my wheel there and I can assure you there was a EU plug in the box (and no Chinese only manual, if I recall correctly). And it's not something he replaced himself as we unpacked the boxes from the shipment pallet ourselves when we came to pick up our wheels. They were coming directly out of the DHL van.

As of today .... onewheel has absolutely no rights whatsoever to import or sell  Z10  as its not CE certified, its ilegal. Period. You can check the law its easy. Furthemore you dont have the right to use it, but its less serious than onewheel selling...

15 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Same here, I think it's one of the best wheels to learn to ride on.

1. It's different than any other wheel out there. So learning on X and Y will set you up for a brand new learning experience on Z <--See what I did there :D
  2. The Z is built like a tank. I've dumped this wheel over  40 times and literally 98% of the damage can be rubbed off with a clean damp cloth.
  3. The tubeless tire is a hell of a lot safer than any tubed tire out there. Getting a thorn or a twig in your tire would probably result it slow leak which you would feel over time vs. the instant 20psi -> 0psi you would get with a tubed tire blowout. Plus you can plug patch a Z tire, I wouldn't trust my life on a patched tubed tired. (I've plug patched a few of my motorcycles tires before with zero problems)
  4. The large motorcycle styled tire just eats up road imperfections and makes turning on a dime easy in slower situations.
  5. Higher speed turns requires more energy to accomplish but it really makes it more enjoyable cause you are really engaging the wheel rather than just standing on it.

I am biased of course since a Z is my only wheel I've ever owned but yah something to consider. Regardless, you'll be happy with any wheel you get! My advice is if you can afford it, get a starter and move up, but if you can only afford one, get a Z, MSX or KS18L so you don't feel the sadness of wishing you could upgrade later.

Archived