Ninebot One S2 uncontrollable

MaxLans

Good day fellas,

I bought a Ninebot One S2 ( old model, without the ankle caps ) and am really happy about it.
I've used it around 30 days now, but I am facing a really big issue at the moment:

This morning I was happily driving the S2, but it gave two beeps. Directly after the two beeps it started leaning forward and the device accelerated to full speed, until I steered the device into the bushes jumping of it with full speed!

It completely tilted, while I was driving around 15km/u ( just relax modus on ). 

Any experience on it ( Not really nice to feel that this could happen also in crowded areas with a lot of people around me :-S ) I don't want accidents to happen there... I was luckily enough to push it into the bushes and fall into the grass.

Will be happy to deliver statistics or anything you want..

45 minutes ago, MaxLans said:

but it gave two beeps. Directly after the two beeps it started leaning forward and the device accelerated to full speed

Welcome @MaxLans.  That is very weird behavior...jumping into a bush!?  No seriously, that sounds like the good old reverse tilt back it's a very rare occurrence, so rare yours is the first document case actually.:unsure:  I don't own any Ninebot products, but the programming for all brands shares over 90% of the functionality.  I would not ride the wheel until the cause has been identified.  You have probably come to the same conclusion.

What we need to know is:

size of battery

percentage of charge left at the time

speed 15kmh ok you answered that one

Were you accelerating, braking, etc

slope, flat, up, down

Sudden change in terrain; flat to up, up to down, sudden bumps, etc

your weight

any other details that might have made those 3 seconds different.

Archived