Screws set for Inmotion v10

JCBen

Dear all!

I had the chance or bad luck to learn how to ride an ewheel on an Inmotion V10... it's now badly destroyed... I have to replace inner & outer plastics... I ordered all spare parts except screws... I'll be grateful to anyone who can let me know how to find a set...

Ride safe!

JC 

• Like 1

Bummer! How on earth did you destroy your Z?  The shells are pretty durable. Are you Ok? 

I have never seen replacement screw sets. Your best bet would be a hardware store. Just take along a sample.  You’ll probably have to spray the heads flat black unless you can find a specialty supplier. 

Hi Rehab & Smoother,

I've tried my best but I had to choose between running over someone or hitting a red light... I was safe but as resistant as an Inmotion can be, the front is totally destroyed... I found out, on YouTube, that it was a peace of cake to open up the damn thing... which is not at all, at least for me... I've ordered inside out of it and many screws are missing... as Rehab adviced I'll have to go to a hardware store... hopefully I'll be able to put it back together...

Thanks

JC 

Edited by JCBen

2 hours ago, JCBen said:

Hi Rehab & Smoother,

I've tried my best but I had to choose between running over someone or hitting a red light... I was safe but as resistant as an Inmotion can be, the front is totally destroyed... I found out, on YouTube, that it was a peace of cake to open up the damn thing... which is not at all, at least for me... I've ordered inside out of it and many screws are missing... as Rehab adviced I'll have to go to a hardware store... hopefully I'll be able to put it back together...

Thanks

JC 

The screws don't have to match exactly if they are screwing into plastic, as close as possible should do.  Try and find a specialty shop for fasteners (nuts bolts screws,etc), and see what they have. They should have a much greater selection.

14 hours ago, JCBen said:

Dear all!

I had the chance or bad luck to learn how to ride an ewheel on an Inmotion V10... it's now badly destroyed... I have to replace inner & outer plastics... I ordered all spare parts except screws... I'll be grateful to anyone who can let me know how to find a set...

Ride safe!

JC 

If you know the size, www.laptopscrews.com can supply the screws. You can also order from other sellers on Amazon. 

My KS18L and 18XL take panhead type, Phillips slotted, M3 X 8mm machine screws. Screws are cheap and easy to come by if you know the size and are not shopping in stores for them. 

I attached a 100 count bag of screws I bought so that you can see what I am describing: panhead, phillips M3 X 8mm.

The proper width, head type (flat or panhead), and stem spiral pattern is probably slightly more important than the length; a 2mm difference in length is approximately the thickness of a business card. However, 2mm longer than the original is probably better than 2mm shorter. My 18L outer shells take M3 X 10mm just fine even though it calls for 8mm.

Notice the sort of 🍄 shape of the screw heads; this is a panhead type of screw. 

IMG_20190208_120547.jpg

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I make a lot of model steam engines so regularly buy nuts / bolts / screws etc, I'd expect fastenings on your EUC to be of a standard metric coarse thread.

As someone else mentioned earlier they can be bought easily on Amazon / Ebay etc but they'll likely be of poor 'hardware' quality so you'd be far better spending little more and buying proper machine screws from a model engineering supplier. (buy stainless steel if you can get them in the size you need)

I see you are in France so I can't recommend a model engineer supplier where you live but a google search ought to be able to point you in the right direction. you want to be looking for something like the metric the screws here :-

https://www.ekpsupplies.com/metric-fastenings.html

Edited by Gasmantle