So my Glide 3 cracked today

tessa25

It's my fifth day out. I have the supplied case and bumper padding on it for protection. One time when it flopped over at 2ish mph the right side panel cracked at the top. It would be great if it never fell over, but I think that's not realistic. Are all brands this fragile? Is it an Inmotion thing or just bad luck on my part? What other brands have wheels that can handle falling over without cracking?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, tessa25 said:

Are all brands this fragile? Is it an Inmotion thing or just bad luck on my part? What other brands have wheels that can handle falling over without cracking?

Thanks!

I think this was mostly just bad luck. I believe that Kingsong wheels would have to be the toughest. I have had 6 people learn to ride on my KS16S and with a little skilled polishing it could look new again.   

“ Only 2 MPH”  is a speed that a lot of damage takes place while learning to ride.  The wheel tends to whip around and bite ankles or do a little flipping dance. As you get better this becomes very rare. The last time it happened to me ( 5th week of learning) I was standing with one foot on the ground one foot on the wheel thinking to myself,  I have mastered this wheel. ....... I was wrong. 

22 minutes ago, DanCar said:

My V8 cracked on top.  I had some plastic glue and surprisingly after 4 months of perhaps harsh treatment the glue has held.

It was something like this I used: https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Epoxy-Minute-ounce-Syringe/dp/B001Z3C3AG?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

I should try that. Although I can't picture it handling the stress since my leg presses in right by the cracks.

Mine cracked when learning at low speed as well. Didn’t have a pad or cover.  Got all scratched up. Still works perfectly and just ordered replace the panels for the sides. 

9ED6A309-D27F-49DB-A022-961400792ABE.jpeg

22 hours ago, tessa25 said:

Thank you both. It is a relief that it won't break just from falling on it's side often. I only got to practice for 5 minutes before it cracked.

To be clear, it just fell to the side. No spinning.

Yeah, that's a bit too fragile.  I've tossed both my King Songs around more that I carer to admit, but nothing that serious has happened.  A 2mph fall like that is  nothing.

Archived