LUTALO IS NO LONGER SELLING HIS 18L IN PARIS. IT IS ON THE WAY BACK TO THE USA. HE NOW OWN THE MOST EXPENSIVE EUC ON THE PLANET

Lutalo

Yes. Unfortunately, my beloved black beauty is for sale locally in Paris. I shipped it there so that my son would have a useful commuter tool while he was studying in France.

Alas, it is time to bid farewell to the 18L. You damn lucky Parisians will be getting the my 18L for a mere 1600 Euros

History

1. Purchased from eWheels July, 2018

2. Used primarily by my son as a commuter tool. He used it to get to, and around his university campus and other activities throughout Washington DC. I enjoyed it occasionally for recreational use whenever it was available :D 

Details
Make: Kingsong

Model: 18L

Color: Rubberized/matte black

Reason for selling: Frankly, return shipping to the USA is expensive. However, I am quite willing if it becomes necessary; so, don't even think about trying lowball me. This 18L is already priced to sell; so, no bullshit offers if you please. Serious inquiries only. 

Condition 
1. This KS 18L has only very minor scuffs on the foot platforms, and handle from leaning it against walls. Experienced rider. No falls occurred on this wheel. 

2. Missing eight outer shell screws - four from each side. Came from the factory this way. I just lived with it. I have replacement screws, but it was going to cost me $70 to send 30 tiny screws to France so, for obvious reasons I scrapped the idea. If the buyer is so inclined, replacement screws can be ordered very cheaply on the following website: www.laptopscrews.com. the size you will want is M3 X 8mm. The type of screw is referred to as "panhead phillips." These screws are harder than the soft, easily stripped screws supplied as original equipment, and you can buy 100 for about $5.

3. One LED strip seems to have developed a short. Probably just a loose wire needing adjustment, but I am in DC and the wheel is in France so the buyer might have to replace one LED strip.

4. The wheel has a brand new control board with only 376 km; barely broken in. It has about 1500 total km on the hub and battery; practically new. 

Features and Specifications
1.  Matte Black rubberized finish.
2.  2000 Watt Motor
3.  1036wh Battery
4.  18 inch wheel with Kenda tire. 
5.  Upgraded, reinforced Black trolley handle mechanism.
6.  Upgraded, larger-sized 10.5cm, black foot platforms; very comfortable for longer distance riding. Much better than the originally equipped foot platforms.

7. New control board with only 376 km

Local ad can be found by following link below: https://www.espritroue.fr/forum/37-gyroroues/

Buyer will be very happy with this excellent wheel."

IMG-20190208-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190208-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190208-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190208-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190208-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20190208-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20190208-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190208-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190208-WA0008.jpg

1 hour ago, Biped Phil said:

Having met the seller on a group outing, I am sure that if he says it's in Paris, France, then that's where it is.  But, for proof, just look at the parquet floors.  They are metric.

Yup .. Definitely Parisian ..

An other exemple of parquet floor below :) 

You can also try to sell it on  the website : "leboncoin" ... But now, pls dont take it wrong,  am not sure you ll get 1600 for it, here is why.

Brand new can be found locally with 2 years waranty for 1900. Yours beeing from US comes with "no waranty" so its a bit like buying it from Aliexpress and you can find new KS18l on Ali for 1350 (W/O the nice new pedals though ...). Just my 2 cents and good luck ! 

IMG_1385.jpg

7 hours ago, Biped Phil said:

Having met the seller on a group outing, I am sure that if he says it's in Paris, France, then that's where it is.  But, for proof, just look at the parquet floors.  They are metric.

Darn. Haha. I was hoping it was a typo and auto correct made Los Angeles, CA into Paris, France.  

7 hours ago, IRK said:

Darn. Haha. I was hoping it was a typo and auto correct made Los Angeles, CA into Paris, France.  

LOL! Those photos were taken by my son from his bedroom in Paris. For proof that it's a bedroom check the photo with my son's shabby toes in those slippers :D:D:D

16 hours ago, Biped Phil said:

:laughbounce2::laughbounce2::laughbounce2: definitely Parisian floors. Nice floors. They could use a coat or two of polyurethane, but they are nice floors.

14 hours ago, Vanzen said:

Yup .. Definitely Parisian ..

An other exemple of parquet floor below :) 

You can also try to sell it on  the website : "leboncoin" ... But now, pls dont take it wrong,  am not sure you ll get 1600 for it, here is why.

Brand new can be found locally with 2 years waranty for 1900. Yours beeing from US comes with "no waranty" so its a bit like buying it from Aliexpress and you can find new KS18l on Ali for 1350 (W/O the nice new pedals though ...). Just my 2 cents and good luck ! 

IMG_1385.jpg

Hey, dude. I appreciate the advice. I will definitely take it under consideration. As you point out, many market forces come into play when something is sold. Not sure why Ali Express is selling 18ls for 1,350; that is an incredible devaluation of typical market prices for the wheel. 

My wheel is less than a year old and still under dealer and manufacturer warranty. The manufacturer will not warranty items sold on Ali, but they will honor the fully transferable warranty left on my wheel; so too will the dealer.

Assuming a 5 year life span, standard depreciation places the value at 1650 Euros without the upgrades; I have priced the wheel at 1600 Euros because of the missing screws and the one LED strip that seems to work intermittently.

Furthermore, the wheel was originally sold by a reputable dealership (eWheels) to an engaged contributor and member of the EUC community (me). I greatly value my reputation in this community. Buying from Ali is substantially more risky than buying from me.

Outside the minor issues which I have freely disclosed, the buyer is getting a perfect wheel that is well worth the price I am asking. 

The EUC community is small. Any person to whom I sell my wheel may as well be my next door neighbor no matter their geographical location; I am selling my joy here; not my junk. My joy has a fair market value. My junk, I donate.

It a good wheel, for a good price. So. We'll see what happens. 

Hey Lutalo, fyi: if the wheel isn't unloaded by tomorrow evening , there's a group ride going on in Paris which your son is welcome to participate in. I'll be there as well. All the info can be gotten from the espritroue.fr forum. It could be a nice introduction for him into "la vie Parisienne", versus a controlled environment of a campus setting.  It'll be Tuesday evening beginning at 17h30 5:30pm at Port d'Italie.

Everything's totally optional of course.

Ewheels currently sell this wheel with the larger footpedals free for US$1789 So with 

conversion of 1600 Euros = US$1812 

You would be onto a winner if this did sell at 1600 yo-yo's

Not entirely sure how your calcs go with depreciation ,i kinda think it's like a new car soon as it out of the show room yr @ 10-15% at a loss already 

8 hours ago, Lutalo said:
8 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Assuming a 5 year life span, standard depreciation places the value at 1650 Euros without the upgrades; I have priced the wheel at 1600 Euros because of the missing screws and the one LED strip that seems to work intermittently.

Furthermore, the wheel was originally sold by a reputable dealership (eWheels) to an engaged contributor and member of the EUC community (me). I greatly value my reputation in this community. Buying from Ali is substantially more risky than buying from me.

6 hours ago, Coffee guy said:

Hey Lutalo, fyi: if the wheel isn't unloaded by tomorrow evening , there's a group ride going on in Paris which your son is welcome to participate in. I'll be there as well. All the info can be gotten from the espritroue.fr forum. It could be a nice introduction for him into "la vie Parisienne", versus a controlled environment of a campus setting.  It'll be Tuesday evening beginning at 17h30 5:30pm at Port d'Italie.

Thanks. I will pass this information on to him immediately. :)👍

1 hour ago, Gaz Bon said:

Ewheels currently sell this wheel with the larger footpedals free for US$1789 So with 

conversion of 1600 Euros = US$1812 

You would be onto a winner if this did sell at 1600 yo-yo's

Market rules my friend. I make out whether or not the wheel is sold. If I sell it someone in France gets a great wheel for a fair market price. If I don't sell it I bite the big shipping bullet, bring it back to DC and ride the shit out of it all summer.

A motor vehicle has specialized insurance for the specialized use of motor vehicles. An EUC is not considered a motor vehicle. It therefore, does not depreciate in the same fashion as motor vehicles. It can only be insured as personal property. My home rider policy has it categorized as personal property electronic. As personal property it depreciates in the same standard fashion as other personal property: Market price/useful life. 

8 hours ago, Coffee guy said:

@Coffee guy thanks for info. I passed it on to my son. He has a class that ends at 630pm on Tuesday; so, there is a time conflict on this event.

I suggested that he plug into the eSpirit forum to stay informed and to join some events so that people get to observe the wheel in action, and that it is really in France :D. So, you will likely get to meet my son Jahi really soon. 😉👍

14 hours ago, Lutalo said:

LOL! Those photos were taken by my son from his bedroom in Paris. For proof that it's a bedroom check the photo with my son's shabby toes in those slippers :D:D:D

:roflmao:

4 hours ago, Siggy said:

@Lutalo can not believe you’re selling your baby mayne!

what happened?

My new baby has a bigger butt :laughbounce2:

But, seriously. I shipped it to France for my son to ride while he was living there. It's just more convenient to sell it than paying the exorbitant shipping rates to return it to the USA. If it doesn't sell, I will just pay the highway robbery rates to ship it back and get my money's worth by riding the shit out of it :)

On 2/19/2019 at 9:26 PM, Lutalo said:

My new baby has a bigger butt :laughbounce2:

But, seriously. I shipped it to France for my son to ride while he was living there. It's just more convenient to sell it than paying the exorbitant shipping rates to return it to the USA. If it doesn't sell, I will just pay the highway robbery rates to ship it back and get my money's worth by riding the shit out of it :)

totally hear you brother! intl shipping fees can be ridiculous. 

All the best with the sale - whoever gets your baby will be a fortunate fellow. 

*IMPORTANT UPDATE ON LUTALO'S 18L. Aka THE AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN PARIS*

The American Werewolf in Paris will be offered for a reduced price of 1400€ this weekend only.

It is scheduled to be picked up by courier for shipping back to the USA on Monday. However, You buy before the UPS guy picks it up and you get the reduced price. 

No one picks it up, then next week I will be welcoming home what is now the world's most expensive 18L. I might even put a put a decal on it that says: "SMILE. YOU'RE LOOKING AT ONE FOR THE PRICE OF TWO." :D:D

Just now, Lutalo said:

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON LUTALO'S 18L FOR SALE IN PARIS.

She's on the way home so I am cancelling the listing. I am going to keep my Black Beauty. Can hardly wait to see her again. 😍😍😍

Good move!:thumbup:  

Archived