RiderAllen

IPS i5 battery stopped charging

I bought an IPS i5 245WH on 9/5/2018.  I have been riding it since and enjoyed it very much!  A few weeks ago, the wheel starts to beep constantly.  And later on I discovered whenever I charge it, the charging light turned red and immediately turned back to green.  It seemed the battery was no longer charging and low battery caused it to beep constantly.  I contacted the manufacturer in China and showed them all the settings and voltages from the Android App.  They said the battery cells are good, maybe just the connector was loose.  I tried juggle the connector and no use.  Today, the battery is completely depleted.  I opened up the case, took out the battery, and connect just the battery alone to the charger and had the same result. I searched the web and saw other people had similar issues, but no definitive solutions have been found.  I have contacted eWheels support as well.  Just thought to share my experience in this forum in case it can be helpful to others or if someone has any suggestions.  Thanks. I also took a video of the battery not charging:

Well, it's just possible its the charger having the problem.  Anyone near you on "earth" with the correct and "known to function" charger?

Edited by Smoother

@Smoother, thanks for the suggestion!  I updated my location from "earth" to NYC :)  I will see if I can located someone nearby.

7 hours ago, RiderAllen said:

@Smoother, thanks for the suggestion!  I updated my location from "earth" to NYC :)  I will see if I can located someone nearby.

Should find at least one IPS rider in da Big Apple.

BTW that was a good "universal" video.  You used no language but the pointing clearly showed what you were trying to demonstrate.  Nice one.

Edited by Smoother

Is that the original charger? I think mine is smaller (i remember it smaller than my laptop brick). I'll try to get my wife sending me a picture of it later. If different we can also compare the brick's specification