Foot fatigue issues finally solved

Rama Douglas

3 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

I believe I've found the answer to all the foot fatigue issues. Makes so much sense now why most of the pedals are for smaller feet...we need to revert back to Chinese foot binding so our feet fit within the pedals... 😜
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_binding

I will get right on that. I wonder how long it will take to get my size 13 down to a size 6 pedal? :(

3 hours ago, yuweng said:

Newbie here, been reading/ seeing a lot of tutorials/ videos, Simon's secret does work but need some getting use to B)

That's the biggest load of crap Simon has ever put out (first part of video).  That "one size fits all" idea doesn't wash when it is placed against varying foot/shoe sizes.  Even in his video, the ball of that shoe is completely off the pedal.  Good luck staying on, or even feeling safe, and don't even start talking about braking force., or the lack thereof.  Alternately lifting the feet, now that does work.

Haha, our logical mind & EUC experience tells us its crap & doesn't make sense :P i was skeptical too, however, being a newbie i'ld try anything, as mentioned, it does require a few practice to master & after that, it becomes second nature, just as we ride our EUC. 

No more sore feet even after a very long ride without stopping, this technique really does work, try it out & you'll know B) Having said that, there are indeed pros & cons, you'll find that out yourself after you master it :lol:

52 minutes ago, yuweng said:

Haha, our logical mind & EUC experience tells us its crap & doesn't make sense :P i was skeptical too, however, being a newbie i'ld try anything, as mentioned, it does require a few practice to master & after that, it becomes second nature, just as we ride our EUC. 

No more sore feet even after a very long ride without stopping, this technique really does work, try it out & you'll know B) Having said that, there are indeed pros & cons, you'll find that out yourself after you master it :lol:

Which technique are you referring to? I saw two, before I stopped watching.

Simon’s video is age old, and his wheel has extremely short pedals. Not saying the regular ones today are long enough for large feet, but leveling the back of your shoe with the pedal will not push the ball of your foot past the front of the pedals anymore.

The most comfortable position is to each his own, but it is indeed common for beginners to stand too far back. It will cause foot fatigue a lot faster.

Archived