WAF (Women Acceptance Factor) on EUCs - your experience welcome!

Mimetic Polyalloy

Hey guys,

just around Valentine's day I hope this topic might find some interest (and fun maybe :)). Wikipedia states a defintion of WAF in here  what you even already might know. So  I'm curious how your relationship is reacting on EUC predisposition in general and when "just thinking" about purchasing new items. We all know it's roughly elementary for us but sometimes hard to explain towards outside standing persons...

Being a plain mid-aged male forum (from my impression) I think  we all have some experience thereof. In my personal case I was very suprised how my wife made up her mind when  beginnnig this addiction last year. For sure she was happy I skipped motorcycle activities (to be honest I'm glad too for myself due to increasing Bozo density in nowadays traffic) and even encouraged me to step onwards.

Maybe you have corresponding experience? Looking forward for your contribution!

My Long Suffering Wife (LSW) decided that I was so far gone that she conceded to be my partner in an EUC business...   

I probably should have bought her some flowers for Valentines day, but I was too busy riding marketing!   :facepalm:

My wife tolerates me riding but would rather that I participated in something safer such as knitting. I fell a few weeks ago and now realize I have injured my other shoulder. Letting her know would immediately terminate my hobby. 

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My wife tolerates me riding but would rather that I participated in something safer such as knitting. I fell a few weeks ago and now realize I have injured my other shoulder. Letting her know would immediately terminate my hobby. 

WHAT!!!! was that in your yard in the snow?  You did take a few good tumbles.  You know, you're in the perfect position to suggest an affair of your own.  After all, an affair wont threaten your livelihood.;)  If you frame the conversation properly, she might even suggest it herself.:P

57 minutes ago, Smoother said:

WHAT!!!! was that in your yard in the snow?  You did take a few good tumbles.  You know, you're in the perfect position to suggest an affair of your own.  After all, an affair wont threaten your livelihood.;)  If you frame the conversation properly, she might even suggest it herself.:P

Yes the snow ride fall screwed up my right  shoulder. I have to see ortho on Monday for my 1 year  post op xray on the left shoulder so I’ll probably have the surgeon examine it then. 

I didn’t believe it was a sustained injury until yesterday when I was finishing up on the flood damaged basement. Painting overhead makes me cringe. 

I’m experimenting with extra padding for my jacket. 

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes the snow ride fall screwed up my right  shoulder. I have to see ortho on Monday for my 1 year  post op xray on the left shoulder so I’ll probably have the surgeon examine it then. 

I didn’t believe it was a sustained injury until yesterday when I was finishing up on the flood damaged basement. Painting overhead makes me cringe. 

I’m experimenting with extra padding for my jacket. 

When I watched that viveo I was thinking about your shoulder and how brave you had become. :huh:  

I hope everything is OK. Maybe it is just a slight injury. 

Speaking of wives. My wife said when watching the video, Isn’t that the guy that hurt his shoulder and his wife made housing arrangement threats? 

My wife won’t leave me alone about EUC’s. Nag! Nag! Nag!  When are we going to go for an other ride!? Why haven’t we bought a new EUC in the past two months!?  How are we going to catch up to Marty if you keep spending all our money on bills!?  ........Yep! , Woman?! ,  .....I know! Right?

I did teach my girlfriend to ride, who in turn taught her supervisor at work to ride, who in turn bought a mini pro for his wife (who never learned after a year).

If, God forbid, you do have a wife, then it is no great leap to teach her to ride, as learning these EUCs with some help is not very difficult.

The WAF in my case was pretty low, It was a pretty tough sell convincing her why this 40-something man wanted to spend $900 to try out this "one wheeled hoverboard thingy" (hell, I was wondering if it was a good idea too, but I found myself REALLY wanting one anyway!).  Well after me yacking about them for months she bought me the one I had my eye on or Christmas.  I am very happy with getting it, man these things are fun and addicting!  Unfortunately, (thanks much to @The Fat Unicyclist :-) ) now I really want a King Song 18XL for my 2nd model to haul my heavy butt up the hills we have around here.  I haven't brought up that I'd like to now spend more than double the first hard sell for another one yet, hehe!  (Only 2 months later!) I'm trying to teach her and my 13yo son how to ride, so they'll understand how fun they are and then we'll hopefully "need" 1-2 more EUC's around here :-)

4 hours ago, IRK said:

Does constantly sending me out for errands on my EUC count as acceptance by a wife?

You love it!

2 hours ago, Blueblade said:

I'm trying to teach her and my 13yo son how to ride, so they'll understand how fun they are and then we'll hopefully "need" 1-2 more EUC's around here :-)

I can see the gears turning in your crafty little brain :D.  Don't make it too obvious.  Your son is the best candidate.  Once he's hooked (wow! sounds like a drug dealer), father and son "bonding" rides are just a stone's throw away, and mamma can have the house to herself on weekends.  Its a win-win-win situation.  18XL by the summer? I guarantee it (family finances not withstanding).

Archived