Msuper X vs. Tesla

F.B

Hello to all :)

I’m thinking about making room among my wheels so that I can perhaps acquire a wheel with greater autonomy. (I currently own Ninebot E+, KS-16S, Gotway Tesla, Ninebot Z10)
Not being attracted to the KS18XL or the Monster (I don’t like "high" wheels) I might be interested in the MSX.

Having a Tesla now, I would like to have a comparison with the Msuper X on two particular points; for those who really know the 2 models:

- Autonomy: What do you think is the real gap between a Tesla 1020 and an MSX 1600 84V?

- Algorithm: I find the Tesla very soft even in "hard" mode, with a "latency" time that makes it very comfortable but relatively "soft" to ride... is the Algo of the MSX different?

Thank you so much !

I don't have much time at the moment, but frankly if you really like the Tesla, the KS18XL will remind you more of the Tesla than the MSX. 

Boy, in hard mode I would never describe the Tesla as Soft. Maybe I don't understand what you are referring to. The Hard mode on the Tesla feels like the hard mode on the MSX.

The MSX rides in no way like the Tesla. Again, if you're looking for a long range wheel that handles more like the Tesla, go for the KS18XL.

Thank you @Marty Backe
Okay, I probably misspoke myself.
I don’t like the Tesla so much I think it’s the least fun of my wheels.
I know I don’t like high wheels and the Tesla like the 18XL is like that, their balance point is high.
Moreover, I find the Tesla very comfortable but a bit «soft» even in hard mode, hence my question regarding the algorithm of the MsuperX.
Any idea of the difference in real autonomy between the Tesla 1020 and the MsuperX 1600?
Thank you very much

1 hour ago, F.B said:
Thank you @Marty Backe
Okay, I probably misspoke myself.
I don’t like the Tesla so much I think it’s the least fun of my wheels.
I know I don’t like high wheels and the Tesla like the 18XL is like that, their balance point is high.
Moreover, I find the Tesla very comfortable but a bit «soft» even in hard mode, hence my question regarding the algorithm of the MsuperX.
Any idea of the difference in real autonomy between the Tesla 1020 and the MsuperX 1600?
Thank you very much

Oh, OK. I think I understand what you mean by high, and in that regards, the MSX is similar to the Tesla - the balance point is high.

Frankly, if you can get yourself an ACM2, you may love that wheel. It's a very long range wheel and has a low center of gravity.

I don't think I understand what you mean by "autonomy" :confused1:

Autonomy = mileage or range.

The Tesla and MSX should perform as the battery says so expect 50%  from the MSX minus maybe 5-10% because of the difference in weight and size.

What range are you getting on your Tesla?
If you are getting 60km then you can expect close to 90km on the MSX.
I don't see how the XL is a high wheel and the MSX is not?

40 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Autonomy = mileage or range.

The Tesla and MSX should perform as the battery says so expect 50%  from the MSX minus maybe 5-10% because of the difference in weight and size.

What range are you getting on your Tesla?
If you are getting 60km then you can expect close to 90km on the MSX.
I don't see how the XL is a high wheel and the MSX is not?

I have a lot of miles (kilometers :)) on the Tesla and MSX. At ~80kg, the Tesla is an average 35-mile wheel for me. The MSX is an average 50-mile wheel.

The MSX is certainly a high wheel relative to the XL. It's dramatically so, due to the higher pedal height from the ground plus the increased dihedral pedal angle.

The MSX feels unusually high relative to the average wheel. The XL feels like an average wheel in terms of pedal height.

Archived