5A 84.2v Smart Fast-Charger not working any more

ArqFG

Just a quick question has anybody has have any problems with the 5A 84.2v Smart Fast-Charger??

mine out of nowhere stop working...

it was charging my wheel and when it was about done just die, first i thought it was because the battery it was full

but after doing some testing with the battery (i was balancing the cells in the battery nothing to do with the charger) i

notice that it wasn't to a full charge, so when i plug the charger to charge it to 100% it was just dead....

has anyone experience the same problem and better than that anyone has any idea how to find/fix the problem ty...

You are talking about the eWheels one right? I haven’t had a total failure like this happen to me, but one day my charger started acting weird and it’s never recovered. It now charges at just under the amperage I set it to (for example, a 2A setting will have it charge at 1.89A) and it thinks that a full charge is between 83 and 84 volts, usually around 83.4 volts. It almost seems like it’s operating in an undervolted mode, but I checked my wall socket power supply with a multimeter and it was still a perfect 120.0 VAC even with the charger working. 

yeap the ewheel one,  i  open it up and even replace the power cord because it wasn't getting any voltage with when i check it with a multimeter, but ill keep test and looking but tomorrow...

Archived