WTB EUC - SF Bay Area or SoCal

Everwanderer

Hi All!  I’ve been lurking the forums for a while and am convinced I want a EUC again.  My first was an iPS132, which is no longer working.  I want to get back into EUC’s, but not sure if I want to get a new one.  So if anyone has a used one they’ll like to sell I’m definitely interested.  I live in SF Bay Area, but also go down to LA every few weeks.  Also can pay for shipping if it’s a good deal. 

Open to a good wheel (not that picky but perhaps looking at mten3, mcm5, z10, ks14, or tesla) but also a good deal.  

Thanks!

@Everwanderer Hey! I'm down in LA. I'll be posting a blue 1300Wh ACMv2 (with Tesla motor) early next week. 0 miles on the wheel, new in box.

I also have a black 1300Wh ACMv2 (also with Tesla motor) I can be convinced to let go of with ~550 miles. Includes bolt-on trolley handle.

Since you're a new user I'll send you a PM now!

I'll sell you my field tested 650wh MCM5 for $800 (local pickup in Los Angeles). It's scratched up (I use my wheels) but is in perfect operating condition.

It has 280-miles on the odometer, but I can't remember if the MCM5 is one of the wheels afflicted with the Gotway fall-over bug (if the wheel falls over, any accumulated mileage since it was turned on, is lost). If it does, the wheel may have up to 400-miles on it.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll sell you my field tested 650wh MCM5 for $800 (local pickup in Los Angeles). It's scratched up (I use my wheels) but is in perfect operating condition.

It has 280-miles on the odometer, but I can't remember if the MCM5 is one of the wheels afflicted with the Gotway fall-over bug (if the wheel falls over, any accumulated mileage since it was turned on, is lost). If it does, the wheel may have up to 400-miles on it.

Hmm... @Marty Backe I may have to try this before you get rid of it...I always loved the 14" size. Let me know if you get rid of it by the next group ride I make it to! :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, who_the said:

IPS Zero available in San Francisco. 19 mph wheel, commuted on it for nearly a year. Hardly in the same class as @csmyers ACM2's... but also much cheaper! ~ $275

Ah, finally getting rid of your Zero too? I was sad to see mine go :( Got so beat up I sold it for $50 Amazon gift card. Now I can't let go of that ACM power though :D

48 minutes ago, csmyers said:

Hmm... @Marty Backe I may have to try this before you get rid of it...I always loved the 14" size. Let me know if you get rid of it by the next group ride I make it to! :ph34r:

Ah, finally getting rid of your Zero too? I was sad to see mine go :( Got so beat up I sold it for $50 Amazon gift card. Now I can't let go of that ACM power though :D

I'm not actively selling it, but if someone local seeks one out than I'll let it go. If you're curious, I'd like to upgrade to the 800wh version.

6 hours ago, csmyers said:

@Everwanderer Hey! I'm down in LA. I'll be posting a blue 1300Wh ACMv2 (with Tesla motor) early next week. 0 miles on the wheel, new in box.

I also have a black 1300Wh ACMv2 (also with Tesla motor) I can be convinced to let go of with ~550 miles. Includes bolt-on trolley handle.

Since you're a new user I'll send you a PM now!

How many ACMs do you have lol?

Didn't you just sell one too.

I take it your plan to open a business competing with Jason (www.acmwheels.com) fell through

Thanks for all the replies!  

Aww, I wish I knew my next LA trip would be, might be not until March.  @Marty Backe i would potentially be interested in your 650wh MCM5.  Wish you or @csmyers were up in SF so I can scratch my itch sooner to get back into EUC's.   I'll try to figure out my next LA trip asap. 

I might be interested in the iPS, although reading these forums I keep thinking I should just go for an one of the big brands (Kingsong, Gotway, Ninebot, or Inmotion).  Really torn, as i have this last mile commute from my parking lot that takes 15 minutes to walk, but would be a beautiful glide on an EUC that would take only 2-3 minutes and I keep wishing I had any EUC now.  I work at Apple HQ, and they actually have a great grounds for riding and I've seen one or two guys on EUC's around, although mostly people stay on bikes or scooters or eskates. 

19 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

How many ACMs do you have lol?

Didn't you just sell one too.

I take it your plan to open a business competing with Jason (www.acmwheels.com) fell through

So....I've owned four ACMs now :whistling: They're my favorite wheel because they have the best balance of speed, torque, and range in a super comfortable, compact package. I've had the ACM 820Wh, ACMs+ 1300Wh, an ACM2 1300Wh, and now another ACM2 1600Wh. 

What does Ariana Grande say? I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it. ;)

6 minutes ago, csmyers said:

So....I've owned four ACMs now :whistling: They're my favorite wheel because they have the best balance of speed, torque, and range in a super comfortable, compact package. I've had the ACM 820Wh, ACMs+ 1300Wh, an ACM2 1300Wh, and now another ACM2 1600Wh. 

What does Ariana Grande say? I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it. ;)

The ACM is your favorite wheel :thumbup:, but wow, you sure go through them, sometimes not even riding one before selling it ;)

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

…. I can't remember if the MCM5 is one of the wheels afflicted with the Gotway fall-over bug (if the wheel falls over, any accumulated mileage since it was turned on, is lost). If it does, the wheel may have up to 400-miles on it.

Gotway selling process:

"Man I want to sell this wheel, it looks pretty good but the mileage is so high no one will buy it...I know..."

*powers wheel on

*chucks on bed

*too tired to dance, let's out life affirming beep instead

"zero miles, well no one will believe that"

*rides for 5 miles

*Makes sale listing "low mileage learner wheel, just a few bumps and scratches"

"Thanks Gotway"

...what an odd bug to exist.

1 minute ago, Heyzeus said:

Gotway selling process:

"Man I want to sell this wheel, it looks pretty good but the mileage is so high no one will buy it...I know..."

*powers wheel on

*chucks on bed

*too tired to dance, let's out life affirming beep instead

"zero miles, well no one will believe that"

*rides for 5 miles

*Makes sale listing "low mileage learner wheel, just a few bumps and scratches"

"Thanks Gotway"

...what an odd bug to exist.

Close, but no cigar.

The Gotway bug does not zero out the Total Mileage. It zeros out any accumulated mileage since it was last turned on.

If the wheel has 400-miles on it, you turn it on and go for a 5-mile ride and lay it on its side without first turning the wheel off, the 5-miles disappears and the total remains at 400.

10 hours ago, csmyers said:

I may be interested in this one. Could you please provide more details and the approximate price? It would be great if I could make a decision between buying a new EUC and waiting for this one as soon as possible.

Looks like ewheels.com replaced this model with Tesla, which has less battery capacity. Isn't it produced any more?

12 minutes ago, Al.Cash said:

I may be interested in this one. Could you please provide more details and the approximate price? It would be great if I could make a decision between buying a new EUC and waiting for this one as soon as possible.

Looks like ewheels.com replaced this model with Tesla, which has less battery capacity. Isn't it produced any more?

Gotway stopped making the ACM. I think there are still a fair number of new ACM2's in the distributor pipeline, so if you want one of these classic bulldogs of a wheel, get one now.

The thinking is that Gotway is replacing it with the new Nikola.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not actively selling it, but if someone local seeks one out than I'll let it go. If you're curious, I'd like to upgrade to the 800wh version.

Dont exspect to much from the upgrade....it are the same cell numbers, 60 cells, just the cell is 3500mah instead of 2900mah.

And from all my experience and tests out there in the wild, the 3500mah cells are often a bit „overrated“ ...just doing real 3150mah. 

What i want to say is that the difference/range benefit is absolutely minimal, and perhaps not worth buying it again.

Another thing is that 800wh is not even the exact number of the pack...777wh is the exact number...with 800 GW is rounding up very generous :-) 

Just my 2 cents.....

7 minutes ago, US69 said:

Dont exspect to much from the upgrade....it are the same cell numbers, 60 cells, just the cell is 3500mah instead of 2900mah.

And from all my experience and tests out there in the wild, the 3500mah cells are often a bit „overrated“ ...just doing real 3150mah. 

I was wasting some time this morning reading this write up on various brands 18650 cells. 3500mAh league: Sanyo NCR18650GA, Panasonic NCR18650GA, LG MJ1, Samsung INR18650-35E

I know nothing about the finer points of these batteries or li-ion cells in general other than the surface level stuff so this isn't a counter to your statement or anything...but I did find it interesting, when trying to find out more about the batteries in the 1600wh version of the ACM2 (sanyo ones). 

I don't know how they get the 1600wh figure though, doing the math from Jason's old product page (3.5ah * 3.6 nom vol * 120cells) gives 1512wh, king songs figure of 3.5 * 3.7 * 120 actually matches the 1554wh listed capacity on the 18xl, so I don't quite get how it works or where gotways calculation comes from or if it's just marketing round up

1 minute ago, US69 said:

What i want to say is that the difference/range benefit is absolutely minimal, and perhaps not worth buying it again.

Just my 2 cents.....

Sure, throw water on my dreams :angry:

If I can get another 5-miles from the wheel, it's worth the cost to me. And I get a new shiny wheel :) - Actually, I'm going to try and get the red version.

When I eventually get the 800wh version I'll let you know if it's meaningless.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Sure, throw water on my dreams :angry:

If I can get another 5-miles from the wheel, it's worth the cost to me. And I get a new shiny wheel :) - Actually, I'm going to try and get the red version.

When I eventually get the 800wh version I'll let you know if it's meaningless.

i know nothing can stop you from upgrading your car park :-)

5 miles for 130wh more can happen on a 14incher....and if not, at least you have a shiny red dragon then :laughbounce2:

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Everwanderer said:

Thanks everyone for their response.  I decided to purchase @csmyers gotway mten3.  He was was kind enough to also ship it to me.  Was very tempted by his AMCv2 too, so I could see myself quickly getting both if I find this more than a last mile commuting option.

The ACM2 is an awesome wheel.  I just bought rywokasts old (but excellent condition) ACM 2 and the power is great.  You can take hills super easy, very little voltage drop on hills probably due to having six parallel packs.  So could be a good option for riding around San Francisco just for fun, alternatively for commute is not that long you could use it the whole way.

I haven't ridden an m10, my smallest wheel is a 14 incher, but having a smaller wheel and an ACM would be a great combo.

Unfortunately I don't live in the city, but in the burbs (silicon valley) which isn't conducive for non-car commuting.  Plus I have a tesla so I just auto pilot and it's not too painful of an experience being in freeway traffic.   Definitely will lug it along for when I make trips to the City or Santa Cruz though.  

Archived