Segway Mini Pro MB replacement

A friend of mine has a Segway minipro that is well past warranty. Riding in the rain recently, it cut out entirely on him.  It will not power on at all at this point. Battery still tests good.

We are going to inspect the motherboard and look for any failed voltage Regulators, but in the meantime I just ordered a replacement motherboard off eBay.

Is there a challenge in activating these motherboards, is it required to get Segway involved to activate it?

Do you think the motherboard replacement is likely to work?

Thank you Alexey yes that is a great option.  I have already purchased a replacement motherboard for $25 so I figured I would try that route first.

I have searched for someone who has done the same, including inserting the serial number, but have found nothing yet.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, MetricUSA said:

My mini pro stopped working after sitting in freezing weather for a couple days... The first two cells, they are in pairs, of the battery pack or reading 0 volts I'm now replacing those two cells to fix the pack!

Hey Metric try this, keep Plugging in your Segway to the power brick while holding down the power button or pressing the power button until it stays on and starts charging again. Might work. Happened to my nephew’s minipro that would power on for a half a second then turn off when plugged into the brick.

Archived