Interest in an Android Wear app? KS only for now.

Zanoni

Good point!  If WheelLog has all of the comms. worked out, that may be a good place to integrate.  I didn't realize WheelLog was open source.  I'll have to look to see how the Pebble version was implemented.  Glad to hear you have an interest...thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zanoni said:

Good point!  If WheelLog has all of the comms. worked out, that may be a good place to integrate.  I didn't realize WheelLog was open source.  I'll have to look to see how the Pebble version was implemented.  Glad to hear you have an interest...thanks for the tip!

There is also a time (Samsung watch) one implemented, that was most recent and you can see the GitHub diff on how they did it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zanoni said:

I recently came across some code for communicating with KS devices.  I've always wanted an Android Wear app for my KS-16S, and now I've my own app that works for me.  I still need to display a few things like distance, temp. and current.  The app does not require a phone, as it communicates directly with the wheel.  It's KingSong only for now.

I'm asking my fellow EUC enthusiasts if any of you have Android Wear, and do you have an interest in such a thing.  If there is sufficient interest, I can do the extra work to test this out on a few more watch form factors, add metric units, and publish to the Google Play Store (free of course).  Long run, I may try to add more wheels (I have an InMotion, so that would likely be next).  If not, I'll move on to another pet project :D

Here's a screen cap (This is from my Ticwatch-E)

image.png.3c1c2eaf139ea4b99382e001006adef1.png

Keep working on this project. Pets have to wait :-) Definitely looking for this type of wearable. I can have iwatch with DarknessBot but still have to carry iPhone.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I think this is enough interest to motivate me.  What I'll do is aim to get what I have into Google Play with some small additions in the next few weeks.  This will be KingSong only for now.  From there, I'll collect feedback and do some research into broadening this out to some more wheels.   In the back of my mind, I still hope to keep this unteathered from the phone.

In the mean time, if anyone can think of some useful data that isn't on the screenshot I have above, let me know.  As I mentioned, I plan on displaying distance, temp, and current one way or another.

• Upvote 1

I believe I've seen @Marty Backe say he likes the ride time, ride distance, and top speed screen of the wheellog app that is on the secondary screen of the pebble time (though currently doesn't function/update), like being able to push a button and it shows secondary info

Also I imagine current wheel temperature might be good to have.

Perhaps also an option to show battery voltage along with the overall percent for some

I like the look of it, though I only have a gotway and ninebot c+ currently i'm sure i'll have a KS someday and so this would be cool to have as another option to wheellog since it doesn't really support newer android wear smartwatches without a phone link from what I've heard.

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Zanoni said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I think this is enough interest to motivate me.  What I'll do is aim to get what I have into Google Play with some small additions in the next few weeks.  This will be KingSong only for now.  From there, I'll collect feedback and do some research into broadening this out to some more wheels.   In the back of my mind, I still hope to keep this unteathered from the phone.

In the mean time, if anyone can think of some useful data that isn't on the screenshot I have above, let me know.  As I mentioned, I plan on displaying distance, temp, and current one way or another.

Thanks @Zanoni ! I think top speed, top current, and current battery/speed/current/km/temp, total km will be more then enough, With the possibility to choose as main display one of theses. Real plus value for your app is certainly the fact that phone is not mandatory.

• Like 1

I have two more people not on the forum that are interested in this project. The key interest is in a watch that can communicate speed without a phone. Battery level it great everything else is extra. 

Thanks you! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jitesar said:

What watch type? Thinking about ticwatch pro

LG Watch Sport 4G/LTE... my previous was LG Urban 2 and I liked it a lot... I checked ticwatch pro too and it seems to be a good option too. I need 4G/LTE.

Edited by TomOnWheels

9 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

LG Watch Sport 4G/LTE... my previous was LG Urban 2 and I liked it a lot... I checked ticwatch pro too and it seems to be a good option too. I need 4G/LTE.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Nimpom said:

This looks fantastic. I just ordered an inmotion v10 and would love if you could add support for inmotion. 

Thanks!  Ooh, a new EUC coming in the post.  That's exciting! 

This weekend, if I get some time, I will be looking into my options for adding more devices.  

By the way, I haven't received any feedback yet.  Has anyone had a chance to try the app?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Zanoni said:

By the way, I haven't received any feedback yet.  Has anyone had a chance to try the app?

Thought it would work for me and realized the Samsung S3 wasn't on your list.  Bummer