Blown mosfet?

Olav

On 2/13/2019 at 2:05 AM, Smoother said:

I believe over the years there have been several reports of idling induced Mosfet failure.  I won't do it.  No point.  If I want to be stationary for a while I just put a foot down. I try to stress my MOSfets out as little as possible, they are the main things keeping my face out of the asphalt, them, and everything else on the "infernal machine"

I've been learning to go backwards and the transition does pull a lot of current. I agree idling really doesnt serve a purpose. 

I do hope the wheels keep getting more robust, my favorite rides are off road on mountain bike trails and the granny gear hills in sure put a lot of stress on the MOSfets. 

So far no face plants due to wheel failure, I can do that just fine on my own 😁

I respect the skill it takes to idle, it's just not for me.  If people want to idle, that's great, more power to them.  That's the beauty of not living in some place like North Korea; we can all do what makes us feel good, when we're not doing the things we have to do to live.

The new board arrived Friday, but as I didn't have time, it wasn't fitted untill tonight. :thumbup:

@Smoother was correct, something didn't work on the new board...

Couldn't connect to it with my mobile, and if I recall correctly there was a BT-board on it, but I'm not sure.

Don't really connect much to it anyway, but if I get some time later in the week, or next week, I'll look into it. Can probably take the BT-board from the old board if I need to.

Other than that it seems to work as it should :thumbup::thumbup:

I'll take it to work tomorrow, and we'll see if it work as it should over some distance.

Will also be using the new helmet, which I also got on Friday, the Bell Super 3R :thumbup:

Happy riding folks!

Ah yes, the BlueTooth board.  So you can't remember if the new control board had the BT board attached?  If I recall, tearing it down to board level isn't too difficult on the Z. So you should have no trouble transplanting your existing BT board, should you need to.  FYI. If you find a BT board in there, you might as well swap it out, since it doesn't seem to be working (assuming it's just a plug and play operation).

6 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Ah yes, the BlueTooth board.  So you can't remember if the new control board had the BT board attached?  If I recall, tearing it down to board level isn't too difficult on the Z. So you should have no trouble transplanting your existing BT board, should you need to.  FYI. If you find a BT board in there, you might as well swap it out, since it doesn't seem to be working (assuming it's just a plug and play operation).

FYI, its a Tesla :P ;)

Actually it wasn't that easy to get the board out. Probably have to completely disconnect both batteries, remove one of them, and pull the wires to the other one through past the board.

I'll see when I get around to it ;)

To change the two boards is fairly easy I think, but have to remove the fan.

10 minutes ago, Olav said:

FYI, its a Tesla :P ;)

Actually it wasn't that easy to get the board out. Probably have to completely disconnect both batteries, remove one of them, and pull the wires to the other one through past the board.

I'll see when I get around to it ;)

To change the two boards is fairly easy I think, but have to remove the fan.

I'm old, my memory's not what it used to be. 

Been reading too many Z10 threads.

Also, I'm old and my memory's not what it used to be.

Archived