Suspension shoes

Yvan

3 hours ago, Yvan said:

I would like to know if anyone has tested blade shoes on an electric unicycle? 

Screenshot_20190209-140908_AliExpress.jpg

Looks like a lotta fun to jump around in, but I'd think they would greatly increase risk of death wobbles...I think flat soled shoes seem to be best for stability, although I'm still craving a more comfortable shoe...

LOL, these are basically knockoff Adidas Springblades

adidas-springblade-drive-2.jpg 

Haven't tried before, but might provide the cushioning you're looking for.

I can say for a fact that the Nike VaporMax outsoles feel very much like suspension while riding (while still retaining a degree of stiffness, unlike very mushy outsoles like Adidas Boost or Nike Lunar), though I'm not a fan in general of sneakers that ride high like this, as I prefer lower to the ground, plain rubber outsoles, for more pedal feel.

I often get excited when someone talks about extremely well cushioning shoes, but get dissappointed every time since the models are always limited to low profile ones.

Show me a pair of extremely cushioned high top (over the ankle bone) shoes with a zipper and I’ll order them right away. I might even without the zipper.

23 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I often get excited when someone talks about extremely well cushioning shoes, but get disappointed every time since the models are always limited to low profile ones.

Show me a pair of extremely cushioned high top (over the ankle bone) shoes with a zipper and I’ll order them right away. I might even without the zipper.

Will laces do rather than a zipper?

z-coil%C2%A0-high-top-hiking-boots-size-14-bshfzuru-500x500.jpg

These are made by Z-coil.  Z-coils are popular in the States by people who work on their feet all day.  I believe there is an optional cover for the coil, but maybe not on this model.

http://www.arianesallis.co.uk/z-coil -high-top-hiking-boots-size-14-bshfzuru.html other sizes available

Well... I have to admit that I'm the conservative guy ;) For me, the shoe should in no way affect the contact of the foot with the pedal, and certainly should not provide any significant cushioning. Bent knees and legs are for maintaining both suspension and control at the same time, so that I can keep full control of the wheel all the time. Of course, slight cushioning is OK, but it's always a some kind of tradeoff between comfort and control. But this is only my opinion, so please don't care... :)

32 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I often get excited when someone talks about extremely well cushioning shoes, but get dissappointed every time since the models are always limited to low profile ones.

I have found the Nike Air Jordan 4 to be that very shoe for me personally. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a high-top EUC shoe.

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

They're not highs, more mids, but the Nike LeBron Soldier XII FlyEase sport awesome bottom-loaded Zoom Air cushioning (not too spongy) in the heel & forefoot, and implement Nike FlyEase tech, which is basically a strap+zipper combo that wraps around the sneaker.

lebron-soldier-xii-flyease-mens-basketba

11 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I have found the Nike Air Jordan 4 to be that very shoe for me personally. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a high-top EUC shoe.

Air Jordan 4 is just another regular height sneaker. Vans Hi-8 is a good example of the height I’m looking for, but even their cushiest ones don’t seem to have serious cushioning in the sole in order to retain the board feel for skaters.

I feel that the ideal compromise between comfort and stability is like that

A stable support at the front and supple at the heels.

Like running on your toes

Screenshot_20190212-174215_Gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, Yvan said:

I feel that the ideal compromise between comfort and stability is like that

A stable support at the front and supple at the heels.

Like running on your toes

Screenshot_20190212-174215_Gallery.jpg

Those are certainly nicer looking than the z coils I found.

Archived