S. Calif - Short Griffith Park Ride for 09Feb2019

Marty Backe

Wish I could go today and tomorrow but I dislocated my thumb a couple days ago.   They told me to keep off the wheel for 2 weeks.  Hope you're having a blast!

@Sam Clegg was the only one to show up. We had a great ride all over the park.

IMG_20190209_110025295_HDR-2

Behind the Griffith Observatory, overlooking the Los Angeles skyline

IMG_20190209_112637741_HDR-2

Highest peak in the park. The Griffith Observatory is to the right and the Los Angeles skyline is behind me.

IMG_20190209_112624555_HDR-Edit

Hollywood behind us

7 minutes ago, who_the said:

Great one see you tomorrow hopefully! 

I'll be there, but may not be able to ride. I just can't ride if it's raining - I have zero clothes for the rain so I would be soaked and miserable. I'm hoping it won't rain, but right now the forecast says that the rain starts at 10am and will get heavy as the day proceeds. Real bummer!

The forecast I'm seeing is for partly cloudy in the am, then a 70% chance of light rain around noon. Let's picture it perfect until we're done. Do the anti-rain dance tonight...😎 I'll hold that thought. Afterwards, it can start raining...

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Sam Clegg was the only one to show up. We had a great ride all over the park.

IMG_20190209_110025295_HDR-2

Behind the Griffith Observatory, overlooking the Los Angeles skyline

IMG_20190209_112637741_HDR-2

Highest peak in the park. The Griffith Observatory is to the right and the Los Angeles skyline is behind me.

IMG_20190209_112624555_HDR-Edit

Hollywood behind us

looks like a lot of mud on the ground! I hate riding in mud! I would have loved to join you guys today but I missed the invite. I've been off the forum lately concentrating on family life. I need to figure out how to get EMAIL notifications when my name is mentioned directly so I won't miss these invites. Keep making videos, that's one of my primary means of learning about what's going on in the EUC community nowadays. 

9 hours ago, maltocs said:

looks like a lot of mud on the ground! I hate riding in mud! I would have loved to join you guys today but I missed the invite. I've been off the forum lately concentrating on family life. I need to figure out how to get EMAIL notifications when my name is mentioned directly so I won't miss these invites. Keep making videos, that's one of my primary means of learning about what's going on in the EUC community nowadays. 

There was a a lot of mud, but it was not unbearable. We actually had a lot of fun sliding around and never came off the wheels. I did shoot some video of the ride too.

There is no way to receive e-mail notifications, unfortunately. This was a hastily put together ride (< 1-day).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived