Electric scooter!?

marrio

Hello,
I am looking for an electric scooter. I've googled a little bit but it did not bring any decent results. Nevertheless, I do not want to give up hope and turn to a large forum like this.  Does anyone know if there are some good e-scooter at a reasonable price?

Hey!

I drive since May 2016 a Glion Dolly Eletroroller. It goes 45 km/h, has a battery with 48V and 40 Ah, weighs little and I am very happy with it.

My experiences:

- very attractive,

- powerful battery (lithium-polymer battery),

- Great, fast to remove the removable battery, with which you can also go to the socket if none should be in the garage or in front of the house.

I drive even with minus 2 degrees daily with the scooter to work (9km out, 9km back) and had no problems with the battery.

You should go to this site https://home2outdoor.com/best-electric-scooter/ and look at the possible models there.

• 8 months later...

So, my 60 v tao tao, was pretty lame from the get go, 500w controller, and hub to match.5 20ah,20 hour rating batts.i could get 30 kmph, and maybe  20 kms travel. That sucked, so I'm thinkin, swap out batteries first, speed controller, then hub. Batteries, the salesman sold me 24ah, but only 10 hour, kinda lame, so, 1 at a time, I know you shouldn't mix ah ratings, but I have to get to work, so sometimes we do what we have to. So not knowing much about ah configurations, I ended up with three 24s and two 20s, and ran them like this: 24,20,24,20,24, for a total of 60 volts, good, but still not much increase in range,. This configuration is not good, it's hard on the charger, the batteries seem to get confused, and not take full charge.okay, so that's not what to do. Next idea, and I'm keeping this for awhile, 24,24,24,20,20, and yes, I added one more twenty, this is working. At 72 volts, a 500w controller, matching hub, it's very snappy, but don't be an idiot, and go throttle crazy. I've got the three speed switch for my gears, get at least 20 km range, can reach speeds up to a blistering 39 kmph.just go easy on the throttle, and periodically check for heat at hub, controller, DC to DC voltage converter, and batteries, so far, very good, quite pleased. I will soon have all the same batteries,  upgrade speed controller,, and bump up the hub specs as well. It's never run this good, it's fun again, and don't have to paddle to the top of the small hill on the way to work. I can keep you posted if you like, I've gotten a fair bit of info from these forums, thanks

Welcome @Kevin pink,

Mixing different Ah in parallel is not the best idea, but not a real prob - one just "wastes" some capacity.

Hiwever using 24s batteries with 60 V is a very bad idea - the cells get serious undervoltage condition! With 72V they also go down too much.

And they never get balanced if charged with too low voltage!

• Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, marrio said:

Hello,
I am looking for an electric scooter. I've googled a little bit but it did not bring any decent results. Nevertheless, I do not want to give up hope and turn to a large forum like this.  Does anyone know if there are some good e-scooter at a reasonable price?

Good e-scooters don't come at reasonable prices ... usaminimotors.com will give a discount & free shipping to get a sale, tell him l sent you & what l said, hehe!

ps. look regularly on your local internet auction/sale site ...people who are frightened of the monster they bought list them with a big discount  :cry2::angry::cry2::cry2::pooping:

Edited by stephenbadger